Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they could be fake nails of some sort. It is hard to imagine her entire nail coming off. It would surely help to link him to the crime, IF she was found with a missing fingernail that was then found at the house. They must have had some reason for collecting this item during the search.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I would really like another opinion on this. I blew up the "saddest party ever" photo from the memorial site (NC is standing in between two friends with her arm around a shoulder and her hand is visible), and it looked to me as though she had light pink nail polish on. I would not have been able to see this if I did not make the image larger. They did not look at all like acrylic or fake nails. Now, I know that we don't know for sure that the picture was taken on July 11th. But if it was and if she is wearing LIGHT pink nail polish in the picture, then that may be significant, I think.

BTW, I would post the picture, but I don't have the technical capability.

Anderson...

I have it blown up! IMO she is wearing light pink nail polish! I can see even a little spot that was missed or bumped where the polish is off.:woohoo:
Wow....what a find if this is hers!
The LE would know if she was wearing nail polish and had one broken nail when she was found also.

Now to it load it so you can see what I am seeing. :) This might take awhile...

OK. I have tried to leave WS, have tried to stay away. LOL. I just can't do it but for so long. Had to see what you all were up to.

I have been putting together a scrapbook of sorts out of the guest book from Nancy's birthday memorial party, and from the photos left there. It turned into a big project, involving some free-hand art stuff. So now I'm looking for a way to bring more permanence to the whole thing. If I send it to her family as is, it won't hold up to years of viewing and handling. Soooo....I'm going to take it to Kinkos or somewhere and have the pages put into a more permanent, archivally safe form. Or, may do it myself. I also made two little child's tote bags from fabric, with patch pocket on the front of each. The pocket fabric had stylized cats, butterflies, flowers and the like, in a graphic design, colorful. I collect lots of fabrics, so already had the fabric. Can you tell that I need a grandkid of my own?

The reason I decided to make a picture/signed guest book from the experience of Nancy's b.day memorial is because the black spiral guest book looked so lonely, forlorn. I wanted to send her family something HAPPY:nluv::heart::balloons::sunshine:, memorable, as well as something that the children can be shown when they think it's time, that will only bring warm happy feelings.

I will make copies to put on this site when I'm done.

Also, in the photo of Nancy and Krista on their birthday two years ago (2006) with the chocolate iced cake done in purple/green icing, where they are blowing out the candles together-----it has been cropped, but I have the original and it shows a tiny baby Katie in Nancy's lap, barely showing the baby's leg, arm and head. I was so surprised. Katie was probably 6 wks. old.

Pictures like that are in the memorial book.

When I hold the photos, I feel like I knew Nancy. She gives off energy from the images on the photos. When we die, the matter of which we are made ("matter can neither be created nor destroyed")...that matter is still here, yet in some other form. I feel that when I hold the photos, go through the book, read what people have written. And I wonder, how could someone who knew her well, knew her children, how COULD they find her disposable, murder her and toss her out on the ground? How do they sleep at night?

PS: In the original photos from the memorial, yes, I see a few photos with a very light coat of light natural pink polish. Like a base coat or something.

I am still going to try to get this better..since this is my 1st time doing it. On my program it stands out more than on here, but I will continue to try to get it better.:)

On her ring finger and little finger...I see the edge of the light pink polish.
Also on her little finger on the inside down in the corner by her nail bed..a small dot of where paint is missing.

When I click on it, it tells me the link is bad. My honest professional opinion is that there is no polish on the nail. I do see the lanula, the natural ridges that are usually obscured by lacquer and a bit of leukonychia. Just to her left of the edge of the nail plate on the last finger you can see a small reddened place in the skin.

Maybe if we could get a clear zoom on it I could see what you are seeing but I've zoomed that area until you can see the pixels and I still don't see polish.

Here's an example on leukonychia in this sample pic. This is not Nancy's fingernail.

nail.jpg

Could this be similar to what you are seeing?

When I click on it, it tells me the link is bad. My honest professional opinion is that there is no polish on the nail. I do see the lanula, the natural ridges that are usually obscured by lacquer and a bit of leukonychia. Just to her left of the edge of the nail plate on the last finger you can see a small reddened place in the skin.

Maybe if we could get a clear zoom on it I could see what you are seeing but I've zoomed that area until you can see the pixels and I still don't see polish.

Here's an example on leukonychia in this sample pic. This is not Nancy's fingernail.

nail.jpg

Could this be similar to what you are seeing?

Nope, it's definitely palr pink polish with the ends chipped.

Now that the SWs have been released I think/fear there will be nada...nothing more said about the case other than little blurbs once a month by Cary PD about they are 'happy to be making good progress.'

On the GJ Schedule thread, it lists that the GJ meets today... who knows, maybe today the DA will give the GJ (another?) crack at this case, and today will be the day...

On the GJ Schedule thread, it lists that the GJ meets today... who knows, maybe today the DA will give the GJ (another?) crack at this case, and today will be the day...

I hope at the very least, Brad is sweatin' it and waiting for that HAMMER to drop!:behindbar

JMHO
fran

PS...FWIW, it may not be today, but it will come some day. Justice for Nancy!..fran

I hope at the very least, Brad is sweatin' it and waiting for that HAMMER to drop!:behindbar

JMHO
fran

PS...FWIW, it may not be today, but it will come some day. Justice for Nancy!..fran

I hope he is pacing, looking, hiding and wondering when the LE will drive up. Nerves frazzled, going into depression, hearing voices, seeing ghosts and questioning his stupidity on carrying out a murder. This is only part of the torture I hope he is going thru at this moment until the LE knocks on the door. Of course this isn't enough justice for murdering NC.

But I don't think this is the case because as we know he is now going to LTF, HT, the beach and who knows what else. So, no he is not showing any remorse.

To some I know the bow being off his mailbox is NO big deal, but to me it is a BIG deal. This is a symbolic tradition for, "In Loving Memory." Such a simple way where you don't have to be seen, speak or dress up for an occasion and he can't even do that!

I just hope he doesn't get the girls back, only to be arrested after. The girls will then be pulled in so many directions they will have the hardest adjustment to make more so than anyone else. Let's hope he is :behindbar before the custody issue goes to court on Oct 13th.

Nope, it's definitely palr pink polish with the ends chipped.

Again, Star with all due respect I don't believe that photo shows nail polish of any kind on NCs fingers. Yes, that's my opinion but I work in a salon and I look at polished and unpolished fingers & toes all day long in both vibrant and pale to clear shades. I've seen every kind of fungus, leukonychia mark, chip, ridge, etc. you can think of. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, I'm just trying to help with this case. There's plenty I don't know about, in which case I value a professional's opinion, but this happens to be something I actually do know about.

Besides that, we are talking about a woman who wore expensive clothes, drove expensive cars, carried expensive purses, etc. I just don't see her as a woman who would go to a party wearing chipped up nail polish. While I know there are some women that do that, I honestly don't think NC falls into that category.

Again, Star with all due respect I don't believe that photo shows nail polish of any kind on NCs fingers. Yes, that's my opinion but I work in a salon and I look at polished and unpolished fingers & toes all day long in both vibrant and pale to clear shades. I've seen every kind of fungus, leukonychia mark, chip, ridge, etc. you can think of. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, I'm just trying to help with this case. There's plenty I don't know about, in which case I value a professional's opinion, but this happens to be something I actually do know about.

Besides that, we are talking about a woman who wore expensive clothes, drove expensive cars, carried expensive purses, etc. I just don't see her as a woman who would go to a party wearing chipped up nail polish. While I know there are some women that do that, I honestly don't think NC falls into that category.

This is a toughie given that you work in this field. But I swear, that my eyes also see pink polish, and the nail glows/gleams brightly unlike a non-painted nail. I don't see the nail as chipped, though, it looks more like a French manicure to me, where the tip is painted white. Of course, I haven't looked at it reeeeeally up close. JMO.

"I just hope he doesn't get the girls back, only to be arrested after. The girls will then be pulled in so many directions they will have the hardest adjustment to make more so than anyone else. Let's hope he is before the custody issue goes to court on Oct. 13th.".

Remember, though, there is a hearing on Sept. 22 on the psych eval. If so ordered, the eval could take more than the three weeks between that date and the date of the custody hearing on October 13. I would not be at all surprised if on that date there would be a continuance. Which, IMHO, would be a good thing. Let's hope the situation in Canada is going well and smoothly. All for the good!

Hi,

This is my first post.

As a fellow Canadian mom living in the USA with her kids, I find it strange that the fact that Brad supposedly hid the passports would hinder her from fleeing.

You do not need a passport to drive to Canada. If she wanted to leave so badly, I am wondering why she didn't pack the girls into the car one day when Brad was at work and just start driving. I read in the affidavits that a few of her friends offered to drive to Canada with her so that she would not be alone.

When you cross into Canada you do need permission from the other parent to bring your kids across the border, but i have never been asked for any proof of this permission.

Even if she didn't have enough cash, I'm sure her friends would have loaned her the money for gas to be repaid once she got to her sister or parents' house...

I am not convinced that brad did it.... I find the affiddavits troubling though, as it seems as though Nancy painted a very one-sided and biased view of what was going on at home to her friends. Emails from Brad to Nancy and her dad contradict a lot of what Nancy told her friends.

Regarding Brad only giving her a certain amount of cash each week - given how in debt they were, I don't see this as abnormal. My husband gives me grief about how much $ i spend and I offered a few months ago to give up my credit card in exchange for $x a week. That way I am forced to adhere to our budget.

Nancy and I seem a lot alike, to me, in that we're in the USA for our husbands' jobs, we both have 2 young kids, we both like nice things, we both spend a lot of $$ etc, neither of us are able to work in this country... puts stress on a marriage.

I hope Brad did not do it, for the girls' sake.

When do we find out more? I find the lack of info so frustrating.

As of 1 o'clock today BC had no indictment handed down. The new ones get posted after 2:30 today. The media is there, but as I was told they are always there :)

I was thinking about what someone said about the car pushing her towards the pond or whatnot... but the bumper isn't that low... the car would instead run OVER her, rather than PUSH her, wouldn't it?

Unpolished, natural nail...

ring3-1-1.jpg

French manicure in pale pink with white tips...

footwc3-1.jpg

Nancy's Nails...

nancy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads