Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpolished, natural nail...

ring3-1-1.jpg

French manicure in pale pink with white tips...

footwc3-1.jpg

Nancy's Nails...

nancy.jpg

But see, I'm not talking about a French Manicure that LOOKS fake. I like to get mine done so it is TOTALLY natural looking. As you know, there are colors you can choose to make the French Manicure look totally natural. The picture here is not natural looking; it's clear that the person had their nails painted.

Her nails look pretty darn bad to me. I don't see any polish. Nor do her hands appear to be a priority....

But see, I'm not talking about a French Manicure that LOOKS fake. I like to get mine done so it is TOTALLY natural looking. As you know, there are colors you can choose to make the French Manicure look totally natural. The picture here is not natural looking; it's clear that the person had their nails painted.

Gotcha girl. The frenchy shown is very milky/opaque. But do you see what I mean about the sheen? Polish = very shiny. Unpolished as in the example of a natural nail shown above = natural sheen.

Gotcha girl. The frenchy shown is very milky/opaque. But do you see what I mean about the sheen? Polish = very shiny. Unpolished as in the example of a natural nail shown above = natural sheen.

Sorry, but I don't see natural nails, nor french tips of any sort in Mom's blowup of Nancy's nails. I see pale pink polish which has chipped off at the tips. They look like natural nails which had been polished at home a few days prior, and then Nancy used her hands a lot. Monitors are different - I see it better on my laptop than on my PC, and even when I blew it up on my PC with Photoshop, couldn't see it. But seeing Mom's blowup on my laptop made the nails look much clearer. And yes, the nails look shiny, except on the naked, chipped tips.

And that is what I see.

It's really moot because that picture of NC's hand was not taken the night of her murder. We don't know if she had polish on her nails or not that last Friday night. Maybe one of the friends who was at the party will remember. Either way, forensics will be able to identify if the found nail came from NC or not and if it did, if it has any forensic info on it (or not).

We can continue to debate the 'was she wearing polish in that picture or not' till we're blue in the face, but that picture has no bearing on what she had on her nails (or not) on July 11th.

Now the bigger question...the $64K question is what forensics are back, if any, and does anything taken from the SWs indicate who murdered Nancy? And of course no one knows that info except for LE and the DA. I wish one of you had a best friend in the CPD!

I am still going to try to get this better..since this is my 1st time doing it. On my program it stands out more than on here, but I will continue to try to get it better.:)

On her ring finger and little finger...I see the edge of the light pink polish.
Also on her little finger on the inside down in the corner by her nail bed..a small dot of where paint is missing.

I haven't been able to check the board.

Thanks so much for doing this Mom!! :blowkiss:

That is exactly what I see. Although SG is right that we don't KNOW that this was taken on July 11th, we have strong reasons to think that it is. Why else would the photo be called the "saddest party ever"? However, I understand that there is still uncertaintly about this.

Of course, LE knows all of this information, and they must have had a reason for collecting the pink nail in the search. They did the search after the body was found.

Great work!

You do not need a passport to drive to Canada. If she wanted to leave so badly, I am wondering why she didn't pack the girls into the car one day when Brad was at work and just start driving. I read in the affidavits that a few of her friends offered to drive to Canada with her so that she would not be alone.

When you cross into Canada you do need permission from the other parent to bring your kids across the border, but i have never been asked for any proof of this permission.

When do we find out more? I find the lack of info so frustrating.

Hi gg! and :Welcome-12-june:

As a fellow Canadian living in Canada, it doesn't surprise me that you've never been asked for proof from your spouse at the border. It's a well known fact that Canada Customs is more interested in collecting tax than anything else. We actually refer to them as the tax collectors.
Still...it would be a risk for Nancy and the children and to be turned away after that long drive.

As far as more info, the next thing we should receive (and shortly) should be the Autopsy Report. I think that usually runs about 60 days from TOD.

OK. I have tried to leave WS, have tried to stay away. LOL. I just can't do it but for so long. Had to see what you all were up to.

I have been putting together a scrapbook of sorts out of the guest book from Nancy's birthday memorial party, and from the photos left there. It turned into a big project, involving some free-hand art stuff. So now I'm looking for a way to bring more permanence to the whole thing. If I send it to her family as is, it won't hold up to years of viewing and handling. Soooo....I'm going to take it to Kinkos or somewhere and have the pages put into a more permanent, archivally safe form. Or, may do it myself. I also made two little child's tote bags from fabric, with patch pocket on the front of each. The pocket fabric had stylized cats, butterflies, flowers and the like, in a graphic design, colorful. I collect lots of fabrics, so already had the fabric. Can you tell that I need a grandkid of my own?

The reason I decided to make a picture/signed guest book from the experience of Nancy's b.day memorial is because the black spiral guest book looked so lonely, forlorn. I wanted to send her family something HAPPY:nluv::heart::balloons::sunshine:, memorable, as well as something that the children can be shown when they think it's time, that will only bring warm happy feelings.

I will make copies to put on this site when I'm done.

Also, in the photo of Nancy and Krista on their birthday two years ago (2006) with the chocolate iced cake done in purple/green icing, where they are blowing out the candles together-----it has been cropped, but I have the original and it shows a tiny baby Katie in Nancy's lap, barely showing the baby's leg, arm and head. I was so surprised. Katie was probably 6 wks. old.

Pictures like that are in the memorial book.

When I hold the photos, I feel like I knew Nancy. She gives off energy from the images on the photos. When we die, the matter of which we are made ("matter can neither be created nor destroyed")...that matter is still here, yet in some other form. I feel that when I hold the photos, go through the book, read what people have written. And I wonder, how could someone who knew her well, knew her children, how COULD they find her disposable, murder her and toss her out on the ground? How do they sleep at night?

That is so wonderful NC. :clap: I look forward to seeing this!!

And I missed you, so I am very glad that you are still around!:)

Thanks, Anderson. I found a nice keepsake book, 8x8, burgandy silk cover with a square cut-out on the front. I put the pic of Nancy and Krista on their 33rd b.day, blowing out their candles on the choc. cake. Six week old Katie is in Nancy's lap! I need to go get more page holders tomorrow.

I'm so ready for new information on this case. Things are getting stale. All I have is my daily trivia report: BC's back upstairs window on the east end had the blinds opened yesterday. Today they were closed. I think he reads this and plays along on the blind game.

Did someone say that he goes to LTF still? Man. I couldn't do that, not if I was the killer.

Meanwhile, I don't hear a word from the laughable Michael Petersen case, "the owl did it". :shocked2:

In looking at the photos of the ground around Nancy's final resting spot, there was old wheat straw that had been placed alongside the edge of the road. I wonder if any of that was in BC's car or shoes? Hmmm...:eye::eye:

I was just thinking about the scratches. Did anyone notice any thorns growing in the the brush when they visited the site? The warrant said she was found face down in the water. If she was dumped on the other side of the silt fence "the dumper" could have lost his balance and scratched his neck on one of the T-Posts or the wire. Maybe he squatted down to bid a final goodbye and scratched it upon rising. He could have also walked around by the path and scratched his neck on some limbs or thorny vines hanging from trees.....just a thought I had when I was out with the dog and go tangled up in the vines hanging down in my yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona