Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time here. I agree that it does not look good for BC, but he continues to cooperate and all that LE is doing is routine. I was all over the "he did it" theory, but as this continues I'm more like "he's a horrible guy, but a murderer???"

I think he probably did it but not planned. Obviously there was NO prior physical abuse as the even the father said he was not worried. I think they were having financial problem and that was the real reason she borrowed money from the family.

I wonder if the kids visited with relatives so much that they don't notice mom is gone right now. Not that they don't miss her, but that she's just somewhere else right now. Oh gosh, I wouldn't want to ever tell them. :(

My family is scattered all over the U.S. and we only get together so often. I bet they could have distracted the kids for quite awhile before they would have asked about me.

I know she is not speaking much today, but I do like the manner of the Chief Police, Pat Bazemore. She is so gracious with Nancy's family!

The whole darn tragedy has been handled so well in the public eye.
Amazing dignity.
The family are far beter people than I think I could ever be.

I think Pat Bazemore has done a terrific job with this whole case. I wish more cases were handled as professionally as this one has been. :clap:

The PC is over for now. I wonder where BC is today.

I don't think Nancy would have made up a story about needing money for food for herself and girls if that was not the case.

I think he probably did it but not planned. Obviously there was NO prior physical abuse as the even the father said he was not worried. I think they were having financial problem and that was the real reason she borrowed money from the family.

No, he was withholding money ... not giving Nancy any money. That's what the affidavit said, I'm pretty sure.

Plus, there was mental abuse.

My family is scattered all over the U.S. and we only get together so often. I bet they could have distracted the kids for quite awhile before they would have asked about me.

That's what I think, especially after hearing how much time they all spent with each other! My brother and his family live 20 miles away and the Coopers spent more time w/their family in Canada than we do!

Who is Susan?

I couldn't catch her last name-Sorry. She was sittting in the pc room , in the back. Friend of family or police liason?? Not sure.
They were going to discuss this with LE, etc. to see who future spokesperson would be on behalf of family,

No, he was withholding money ... not giving Nancy any money. That's what the affadavit said, I'm pretty sure.

That's what the affidavit says, but we don't know for sure what the real story is. There might not have been any money (although the re-fi is interesting) to give.

Gosh, can you imagine how desperate she must have been these last few months going through this? :mad:

I wonder about the equity loan. If it was done without Nancy's knoweledge and she found out, that could have created a trigger big time. It would be something Nancy could have held over Brad's head and I'm sure he would have had none of that.

Holy cow is right, It was very disturbing to read. Not buying groceries for his own children:furious:. Well I bet Mr. control freak doesn't feel so much in control now, with the children being removed and given to his in laws.

No, he was withholding money ... not giving Nancy any money. That's what the affidavit said, I'm pretty sure.

In a petition for custody filed Wednesday, Nancy Cooper's parents and twin sister claim Brad Cooper engaged "in a pattern of emotional abuse" of his wife and children in the months prior to her death and that he threatened to commit suicide last winter.

He also refused to provide her and the children with adequate financial support, the petition alleges, and at one point Nancy Cooper was in "such desperate financial situation" that she had to borrow money to purchase groceries and other necessities.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3228887/

IMO, IF BC is charged...it will be the good old steriod rage excuse.:mad:

I just watched the news conference and I have to say these people are such amazing and caring people. They not once said anything bad about Brad. Their interest is those babies and it should be. I was overwhelmed with the dignity they displayed and have displayed through out this ordeal. It is a rarity. One can only surmise that Nancy was indeed a beloved individual having being raised by people like that. I pray for comfort for nancy's family now and the days to come(the trial). They deserve the best form the public as they truly have given their best to the public during a very very tragic and emotional time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea