Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think it was planned.It happened at the spur of the moment. But within a blink of a second it can be premeadiated.The strange part is this case has the Peterson case the cutts case all combined.

One thing I forgot where is this Mystery lady Carrie? U would think she would have been found. Now the weird part and maybe I read wrong but did not he say her friends know this Carrie also? But no one but him has mentioned her.
The legal burden is to form intent, which given any assaulting activity can lead to death, will be pretty easy to prove. It is the aggravating circumstances that add the "other" if there are any.. (lying in wait, I dont know the criminal statutes in NC)

Hi, I usually just lurk and I'm sorry if this link has already been posted (I hope I'm posting it right) - It's the link to the custody papers filed yesterday. One thing listed that I find disturbing is that Brad never notified Nancy's parents that she was missing.
Also, #9 "upon information and belief, Nancy Cooper never went jogging on July 12, 2008". I really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt until I read this document.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/17/3222032/1216322668-20080717151650387.pdf

Oh, they have already had the trial?
Perhaps you will share with us who the jury convicted.
ITA...no one has been charged in this case...but you must admit, it doesn't look good for BC.

Carrie is still a mystery to me also. I know her husband said that was who she was running with that morning. But to what I have followed so far has nothing about her. Maybe he made carrie up?

I addressed this last thread but I know alot of you are just getting back on- I read that Ms. Adams was aware of a friend named Carrie that Nancy had, but had not met her personally. I think when she told B that she did not have her contact info or last name and needed it and he said he would look for it and hung up- her antannae of doom went up. Good for her, they may not have found her for a while.

I posted about the shovel. The shovel was NOT from his home but in a wooded area very close to location where we all met for the search, as well as where much construction is taking place. My understanding is police determined it was a construction site item left behind.

I was asking the forum why would Brad go to an area that had been scoured already and somehow make a shovel discovery. This is all new to me so I am also asking questions to understand what someone like this is trying to do. I am looking for guidance and help as well, like so many others. I was asking for opinions from more seasoned members on the board if Brad would plant a shovel, was he trying to make it look like he is trying to be of help, or was the shovel ironic to be left behind by someone in construction?

One of the persons who was present when the shovel was discovered is having nightmares, just thinking they would find Nancy right in front of them. This person also had a conversation with Brad in the woods until Brad revealed himself then these 2 people panicked. All they keep saying is, "what if the police weren't there?" I don't know why we keep encountering facts pertaining to this case, but is has occured and now we have to deal with it. If the nightmares don't cease I know counseling is in order.

This is my original post:

I have to ask the members who follow cases like this closely....why would Brad lead the police to a shovel he found while he did a search on Monday?? My understanding is it was one left behind from some construction and not a key piece of evidence. This was a location I am sure was combed time and time again. Why would it just appear or not be seen sooner? At the time the person spoke to him they did not know it was Brad. A conversation took place and then Brad revealed who he was with a handshake. It has freaked this person out.

I do know Brad wore the same cap and shirt in the search he was wearing to the press conference, but was wearing shorts in the search and not long pants on Monday. As I posted before it was pouring and gave us all a chill. He complained to someone very close he was being eaten up and itching all over.

I wanted to say to Nancysfriend, and friends who are reading this, that I am so very sorry you have had to endure this horrible event. She's probably smiling down with love for you all.

I addressed this last thread but I know alot of you are just getting back on- I read that Ms. Adams was aware of a friend named Carrie that Nancy had, but had not met her personally. I think when she told B that she did not have her contact info or last name and needed it and he said he would look for it and hung up- her antannae of doom went up. Good for her, they may not have found her for a while.

Thank you Blink for catching me up, I did miss that:blowkiss:.

They take it all back to the lab and get as much forensics as possible from what was seized.

If it was released he can go back, not like he will-but his attorney may be advising him to. One of the finding of fact items on the custody order stated the house is unihabitable due to the warrant.

Hi, I usually just lurk and I'm sorry if this link has already been posted (I hope I'm posting it right) - It's the link to the custody papers filed yesterday. One thing listed that I find disturbing is that Brad never notified Nancy's parents that she was missing.
Also, #9 "upon information and belief, Nancy Cooper never went jogging on July 12, 2008". I really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt until I read this document.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/17/3222032/1216322668-20080717151650387.pdf
You must also realize these are the feelings of the family. It's time now for LE to substantiate what "information" this is based on. In-laws never take too kindly to the man/woman that are causing their child pain in a divorce. Couple that with the fact that their daughter has been killed, I can't even imagine what they must be feeling towards this man. My prayers are with Nancy and her family.

I posted about the shovel. The shovel was NOT from his home but in a wooded area very close to location where we all met for the search, as well as where much construction is taking place. My understanding is police determined it was a construction site item left behind.

I was asking the forum why would Brad go to an area that had been scoured already and somehow make a shovel discovery. This is all new to me so I am also asking questions to understand what someone like this is trying to do. I am looking for guidance and help as well, like so many others. I was asking for opinions from more seasoned members on the board if Brad would plant a shovel, was he trying to make it look like he is trying to be of help, or was the shovel ironic to be left behind by someone in construction?

One of the persons who was present when the shovel was discovered is having nightmares, just thinking they would find Nancy right in front of them. This person also had a conversation with Brad in the woods until Brad revealed himself then these 2 people panicked. All they keep saying is, "what if the police weren't there?" I don't know why we keep encountering facts pertaining to this case, but is has occured and now we have to deal with it. If the nightmares don't cease I know counseling is in order.

I have to ask the members who follow cases like this closely....why would Brad lead the police to a shovel he found while he did a search on Monday?? My understanding is it was one left behind from some construction and not a key piece of evidence. This was a location I am sure was combed time and time again. Why would it just appear or not be seen sooner? At the time the person spoke to him they did not know it was Brad. A conversation took place and then Brad revealed who he was with a handshake. It has freaked this person out.

I do know Brad wore the same cap and shirt in the search he was wearing to the press conference, but was wearing shorts in the search and not long pants on Monday. As I posted before it was pouring and gave us all a chill. He complained to someone very close he was being eaten up and itching all over.
I don't know what transpired in the conversation, but if you feel there is something that he (BC) said that should be reported to LE...then please do so. It sounds as if these friends were very scared.

Oh, they have already had the trial?
Perhaps you will share with us who the jury convicted.
wow wherego - I've never seen a poster on here like you. Everyone is entitled to their opinions - if you don't like it - go to another board. These are great people on here and they DO give people the benefit of the doubt. Sorry - but in this case - pretty obvious who the killer is. You need to re-read from day one all of these posts - and every other case - posters here do weigh the evidence.

mom, I'm glad you reposted as I missed the original one. I kept wondering about a shovel. So it is common knowledge in Cary that BC found a shovel in the search, but that it is not key evidence, right? However, the question being pondered upon is, did he plant it or was it just missed by previous searchers, right?

Blin34 But did that come from Mrs Adams mouth or his?

LOL- 4:47PM to be exact, old trick- I still commend the judge, it's unusual and I cant find a precedent-
And..I never read the order...go figure.
Unfortunately, I know this all too well. Wished I didn't.

Sorry Mom, I did address, but with so many threads and of course them closing and continuing, it is tough.
I would want to know more about the conversation in the woods and more specific info about how Brad "discovered" the shovel to be more specific, I'm not sure I have enough. My earlier response with limited info was it could be that Brad maybe was just seeking recognition as helping in the search, or is it possible that he used it for something and his dna was on it and this would be logical?
What I find intersting about your post is that your friends/volunteers were afraid of Brad aparently BEFORE anyone suspected him- what do you make of that?
Lastly- you are ALL going through an unusual, traumatic experience and are personally connected. Counseling is in order for all of you, imo. Specifically, events like this can cause PTSD in some, which can be serious. First thing I would say is to take a break, be with your family without this on your mind, refresh and come back as you see fit. As much as we like your insight, your emotional well being comes first.

As usual, RR is right :) I dug out the ole LSAT notes, and it varies by state. In some, you may be entitled to file exparte without notification and/or the right to appear at it. In some states it is different. However, as you point out, it is generally reserved for spouse or legal guardians of record.
I will say that in the limited research I have had time to do, I could NOT find a single other case where grandparents in a state that does not represent their rights to visitation or custody of a child with a living parent, were granted an ex parte order AND allowed to leave the US.
I get the whole parens patriae and best interest of child and am thrilled to see it, I would LOVE to get a copy of the transcript of the actual hearing

I'm back!:crazy: Thanks to RR this is what I was trying to say. I am a retired family court clerk but I live in Canada, so thought things might be different in the States.
When you think about it, it makes sense that the defendant would not be served with this ex parte (one sided) motion. The Plaintiff's are asking for custody of this man's children. They are also alleging that the defendant is unstable. If the allegations are true then who's to say once he receives notice of hearing of a motion for custody that he doesn't abscond with the children or even worse do harm to them. Best to err on the side of caution - remove the children and argue about it later which the defendant will have the right to do.
The ex parte order is only temporary. Brad has been served with a copy of this Order and supporting documents. A full hearing has been scheduled.

I just found something in the Wake County records regarding their house and the financing. I'm not sure I am allowed to post details here. But they apparently made a big decision to increase their equity line of credit on their house just in Feb.08 Not sure what if anything it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member