Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real here...Brad probably had several affairs (which people mentioned to reporters off camera) and we might just pick a name out of a hat to pull up one of his former lovers. He is a cad!

This Heather may not be one of them, but until someone can slow down the video to see actually what was said by the reporter...we won't know if it was the name. I thought I heard it right, but maybe not.

I could be wrong as well..........

I think that remark is very strange also, Seriously Searching. Did this Heather live right next door, or just in the neighborhood?

This is neither here nor there, but as Brad is Nancy's husband, he is the next of kin (of course). Brad would have had to sign a paper stating that he is giving up rights to Nancy's body to her family as they are taking her too her home country of Canada for burial.

I am in another state. My son was killed on a motorcycle by a drunk driver when he was 28. He and his wife were still living together, but divorce was coming. She was having an affair and did not care that people knew it. She said she had no money for the funeral. As his mother, I stepped in and said that I would take care of everything. The funeral home director had his wife sign a paper stating that she would be turning his body over to me.

My point is this. A husband or wife is the next of kin. If they do not or cannot plan and or pay for the funeral, then they can sign over their right of say so over their husband/wife to other family who can and will see to it.

It appears that Brad would have signed away his claim to Nancy's body. I wonder if that is why he is saying he prefers to grieve in 'private'? This guy is a piece of work, IMO. I doubt Brad would be allowed to leave the country anyway. Nancy's family is so wonderful, close, and full of love. As this is the very last thing they can do for Nancy, I am glad they are being allowed to do so.

If Brad Cooper did not kill Nancy, then I will never trust my gut feelings again.
Awwww, ((((LaLaw)))). You have my deepest sympathies. Bless your heart. What a horrible tragedy. :( I am glad his poorexcuseforawife decided to allow you to have your son to carry out what must have been the most difficult thing to ever do. My heart goes out to you.

I think Brad allowing her to be buried in Canada says that he won't be visiting her gravesite anytime soon, imo. He wants all of this to just go away. Calgary mentioned how much Brad hated any confrontation. I think he is going to crawl into a shell and hide now until LE decides to charge him or not. The Atty was right...he is a "private" guy when the desperately wanted spotlight lands directly on him and sheds a bad light on his actions.

I don't know if she lived next door or not. They only said neighbor.

What has Brad done that could be interpreted as hinky?
None of these things alone mean much....but together?
1. Stopped giving Nancy money for groceries.
2. Started abusing his wife emotionally and verbally in front of the children.
3. Was rumored to be having an affair.
4. Was ticked off that his wife wanted a separation.
5. Took the children's passports out of Nancy's car.
6. Didn't call police to tell them his wife was missing.
7. Told people his wife went jogging alone Saturday morning.
8. Wore long sleeve shirt to press conference when weather was quite hot. Was he covering his arms for a reason?
9. Was reportedly at a convenience store buying either clothes detergent or bleach at 4am.
10. Has not attended 3 other press conferences.
11. Did NOT attend his wife's vigil Friday night.

Phil~ I have reread and reread that affidavit. Could it possibly mean that Brad and Nancy were just broke instead? In other words, he wasn't withholding funds for those things, but he actually did not have any funds for those things. Maybe they were robbing Peter to pay Paul and in severe financial straits. Possible or not?

Thank you, Taximom. Yes it is and always will be hard. You never think you will lose your son/daughter at a young age. I am a huge MADD member.

I just think it very odd Brad would give up the right to his wife's funeral planning and so forth if he was not guilty. Of course, I do not know that he has, but it would seem so. I am glad Nancy's parents can do this for her.

LaLaw - I'm very sorry to hear about your son too!:blowkiss:I can't even imagine your pain.:(

I brought up the subject last nite of Brad having to give up his rights for Nancy. I know in the court documents it referred to funeral so it must mean that they are burying her in Canada and not just having a memorial. I've been following the Michelle Young case out of NC and her husband wouldn't give up the burial rights for his wife and to date he has not been charged and has not even put a headstone on his wife's grave. Michelle's parents can't do anything!

If Brad has given up his rights and (we'll see what he does at the custody hearing), but right now I've got this sneaking suspicion that when the evidence comes in, he may want to cop a plea.

Thank you, SeriouslySearching. Thanks for the hug! I really did not say it for sympathy, tho. But I do appreciate it very much. (((((SS)))))
It had just struck me as very strange.

Brad is in denial, I think. This is something that will not go away, and I am sure he would love for it to. I hope that LE is just waiting for forensics to come back. I know that these things take time, and I hope he is sweating bullets this weekend. He knows that LE has served a search warrant for his home at 2:00 AM, so he has no idea when or if an arrest is coming. He may be very paraniod right now.

I wonder if Brad will 'snap' from the pressure? And yes, his own actions brought this on himself.

On Greta, the reporter said that Heather told Nancy's neighbor, Marianne, that she was having an affair with Brad. I have a DVR and rewound it and listened to it several times.

[
quote=philamena;2394958]What has Brad done that could be interpreted as hinky?
None of these things alone mean much....but together?
1. Stopped giving Nancy money for groceries.
2. Started abusing his wife emotionally and verbally in front of the children.
3. Was rumored to be having an affair.
4. Was ticked off that his wife wanted a separation.
5. Took the children's passports out of Nancy's car.
6. Didn't call police to tell them his wife was missing.
7. Told people his wife went jogging alone Saturday morning.
8. Wore long sleeve shirt to press conference when weather was quite hot. Was he covering his arms for a reason?
9. Was reportedly at a convenience store buying either clothes detergent or bleach at 4am.
10. Has not attended 3 other press conferences.
11. Did NOT attend his wife's vigil Friday night.
[/QUOTE]

great post, P! And might I add, according to a former aquaintance had no long lasting friendships and former girlfriends were not shocked and could see him doing this.

did not give his family enough money for FOOD...and his wife had to contact her parents to borrow money to do this

he has been suicidal since highschool with one attempt and one threat that we know of

he did not even lead the search for his wife or organize it.... a family friend did

he did not contest the emergency custody ruling (ie, currently no papers filed in contest including after he was served)

in media reports, which have saturated the msm, I have not read one single report from a friend or family member of BC that attests to his innocence or to the impossibility that he committed this crime....father being overseas or not!

his one media appearance spoke volumes via his body language and attire. He has not been seen since and his lawyer secondarily slammed Nancy's family for grieving at 'press conferences' while his lawyer states he would rather do it alone and in private.

I am telling you guys...we wsers need to exercize citizen's arrests! I sincerely hope bc is still being followed by LE..because he MOST CERTAINLY IS A FLIGHT RISK...and if he did do this.....who knows where he will try to fly...including suicide. For the suicide risk, and that alone, I would hope that if LE has enough evidence to arrest him they do it and do it SOON.

On Greta, the reporter said that Heather told Nancy's neighbor, Marianne, that she was having an affair with Brad. I have a DVR and rewound it and listened to it several times.

Oh, I love our new newbies! Thanks for checking that melbel, and welcome to the block!

Susan

Woah! Awesome, Melbel!!!! WTG!!! We could very well be on the right track then. Thanks and great job!!

Welcome to WS! I love the way you just jumped right in!

dude...you rock... SS was just asking around if anyone had tivo! :rocker::rocker::rocker:(that is the u rock dude smiley....

Welcome audiogirl!
Now what pray tell does your post mean? Sounds like you joined so you post to yourself only. :) lol
audiogirl
user_online.gif

I think its in reference to what Brads lawyer stated today about Brad.....he said Brad was a very private person & wanted left alone. That was why he never went to the pressers nor should the media because he is grieving.....

LaLaw - I'm very sorry to hear about your son too!:blowkiss:I can't even imagine your pain.:(

I brought up the subject last nite of Brad having to give up his rights for Nancy. I know in the court documents it referred to funeral so it must mean that they are burying her in Canada and not just having a memorial. I've been following the Michelle Young case out of NC and her husband wouldn't give up the burial rights for his wife and to date he has not been charged and has not even put a headstone on his wife's grave. Michelle's parents can't do anything!

If Brad has given up his rights and (we'll see what he does at the custody hearing), but right now I've got this sneaking suspicion that when the evidence comes in, he may want to cop a plea.

Thank you, jilly. (((jilly)))

O/T
My heart goes out to Michelle's parents. I have followed her case and am furious at him!

Only cowards kill. They certainly do not want anyone to harm them. I do hope that there is no plea deal if Brad did murder Nancy. She deserves FULL justice, as does her children and her family.

If Brad did this, I am for a First Degree murder charge for him. I am glad LE is taking their time and want to have as much evidence as possible before charging.

I feel LE is probably not far from bringing this case to a resolution!......:)

bahaaaaa on my way:crazy:

Okay, comment was made by Diane Duncan. She made this comment the day Nancy disappeared...it sounded strange to me. When I read that I wondered if this woman meant something different than -we need to keep searching for Nancy.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,381421,00.html

Now that you've dug that comment up philamena, I remember furrowing my brow at that comment when I first read it! (You jogged my memory!) It did seem odd to me.

Phil~ I have reread and reread that affidavit. Could it possibly mean that Brad and Nancy were just broke instead? In other words, he wasn't withholding funds for those things, but he actually did not have any funds for those things. Maybe they were robbing Peter to pay Paul and in severe financial straits. Possible or not?

SeriouslySearching,
If I didn't hear the words come directly from Nancy's sister's mouth, I would have thought maybe they were just a young couple in over their head. But at the news conference Thursday, Nancy's sister said that Brad was withholding money from Nancy and she had to borrow money from their parents to buy groceries for herself and the children. Her sister also said something like, my parents know what's been going on. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther