Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
About thirty minutes ago or so there was an interview on Fox News with one of the producers from Fox who is on the ground in NC. He made the casual comment that they may have more then one person they are looking at as suspects.
I don't know if anyone else heard this? I have had a strange feeling that perhaps the person he was having an affair with was in on it.
Just a feeling that I can't seem to shake.
As far as the passports being in her car??? That is kind-of odd since we have heard that he was keeping them from her.
I will say this though, it's really not uncommon for people who are having marital troubles to keep things in their car. If you have some paperwork you think your soon to be "ex" might steal from you when you are at work, ect. the safest place to keep it is in your car. I went through an ugly divorce once and I did that. I knew that my ex would not be allowed in the parking lot where I worked at the time. Security would have chased him off.

Purely speculation on my part but, after she was murdered, was he possibly contemplating heading to Canada with the children himself to avoid being arrested? A vehicle just seems like an odd place to keep passports........I could understand it if they lived on the US/Canadian border.

I agree. It is very strange to keep your passports in the car. Maybe he wanted it to look like she was going to take off.

Purely speculation on my part but, after she was murdered, was he possibly contemplating heading to Canada with the children himself to avoid being arrested? A vehicle just seems like an odd place to keep passports........I could understand it if they lived on the US/Canadian border.
I don't think he was planning on heading to Canada because he had this Ironman thing coming up and he was obsessed with it.
I also think he wanted NC to leave and take the children. I truly think the affair had turned into "love" and he wanted nothing else to do with NC or the kids. He was living in a fantasy in his head IMO. or.........

We had a case last year in Colorado that this one reminds me of. It was a cops wife having an affair with another cop. When the other cop tried to break up with her she blamed his wife and killed her.

I agree. It is very strange to keep your passports in the car. Maybe he wanted it to look like she was going to take off.

If he made it appear she was going to take off with the kids, wouldn't that also appear to be a motive?

I don't think he was planning on heading to Canada because he had this Ironman thing coming up and he was obsessed with it.
I also think he wanted NC to leave and take the children. I truly think the affair had turned into "love" and he wanted nothing else to do with NC or the kids. He was living in a fantasy in his head IMO. or.........

We had a case last year in Colorado that this one reminds me of. It was a cops wife having an affair with another cop. When the other cop tried to break up with her she blamed his wife and killed her.

From reading his website posts it is apparent he was very disappointed that he wasn't able to compete in the previous year's race. However, I don't see that he updated his training log or blog posts since Jan 08. Am I missing it somewhere?

From reading his website posts it is apparent he was very disappointed that he wasn't able to compete in the previous year's race. However, I don't see that he updated his training log or blog posts since Jan 08. Am I missing it somewhere?

Clady,
Very interesting... and it fits with other known events..
~in winter 08 he threatened suicided
~Jan 08 he graduated with his MBA

http://www.ironmanusa.com/
my hubby is an ironman triathlete... he tells me that if bc is registered for a race it will show up on the site. I just checked and bc is NOT REGISTERED FOR IRONMAN USA (lake placid) interesting..

and sadly noted when searching just "cooper" there is a nancy cooper registered...but it is not our nancy...she is in the 45-49 age group...

I also searched the following ironman races and there is not a brad cooper registered: ironman cord'alene, ironman canada, ironman california 70.3.. which is a half ironman, and ironmans florida, wisconsin, and arizona

I wouldn't think it's the safest place either, like what if the car got stolen or something? On the other hand, maybe she felt she should have them with her whenever she went out? Or, like you said, maybe he wanted to make it look like she was going to take off and put them there along with her purse. It's probably something we won't ever know.

It was in an article "all of a sudden", I do not believe LE has corroberated that as of yet..

Can anyone tell me where it came up or was posted that NC spoke to Jessica Adam at 10:30pm at the party Fri?

Blink, this article doesn't mention JA's name specifically just says "a friend"......it's the ONLY reference I've been able to locate so far.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25723445/

From referenced link...

No one other than Brad Cooper is known to have come forward to say they saw Nancy after she left a Friday night neighborhood party that she attended alone, although a friend spoke to her on the phone at 10:30 p.m. that same evening.​

Blink, this article doesn't mention JA's name specifically just says "a friend"......it's the ONLY reference I've been able to locate so far.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25723445/

From referenced link...
No one other than Brad Cooper is known to have come forward to say they saw Nancy after she left a Friday night neighborhood party that she attended alone, although a friend spoke to her on the phone at 10:30 p.m. that same evening.
This is interesting! I thought she returned from the party around midnight? :confused:

She did, Panthera. Jessica Adam called her and talked to her while she was at the party. (Which means she did have her cell phone with her!)

As US citizens, we don't have to worry about such things as passports. The Coopers were Canadian citizens, and here on Brad's work visa. I certainly don't know the law, but it seems to me that carrying your passport would be a prudent thing to do for an alien.

And as far as Brad taking them previously, that's another control issue, just like withholding household money.

Again, I don't know much about passports, but are not infants put on a parent's passport? Are the children citizens of the US, Canadian, or dual? Either way, they would need documentation to fly between the two countries. Perhaps Brad would need to return the passports to the car so he could drive the children.

I wouldn't think it's the safest place either, like what if the car got stolen or something? On the other hand, maybe she felt she should have them with her whenever she went out? Or, like you said, maybe he wanted to make it look like she was going to take off and put them there along with her purse. It's probably something we won't ever know.
Maybe she had them in the car because she was afraid if they were in the house and if she had to leave FAST...she would be able to drive straight to the airport. Also, maybe he never looked in the car and she felt it was a "safe" place from him...until he surprised her. This to me is a clue that she was frightened of him and had a plan to exit if things exploded. Unfortunately, she never had that chance.

Again, I don't know much about passports, but are not infants put on a parent's passport? Are the children citizens of the US, Canadian, or dual? Either way, they would need documentation to fly between the two countries. Perhaps Brad would need to return the passports to the car so he could drive the children.
Not sure about Canada, but when my dd took her son to Mexico on vacation...she was required to have a passport, birth certificate (to prove paternity), and a notarized letter from his father stating his permission for the child to leave the country. No children are not included on an adult parent's passport.

About thirty minutes ago or so there was an interview on Fox News with one of the producers from Fox who is on the ground in NC. He made the casual comment that they may have more then one person they are looking at as suspects.
I don't know if anyone else heard this? I have had a strange feeling that perhaps the person he was having an affair with was in on it.
Just a feeling that I can't seem to shake.
I missed it! It is possible. Bobby Cutts Jr. enlisted the help of his old high school buddy, Myesha, just to ride with him and we see how that turned out.

She did, Panthera. Jessica Adam called her and talked to her while she was at the party. (Which means she did have her cell phone with her!)
Yes, at least she had it with her at the party, but didn't take it when she went out to jog! (I never go anywhere without mine! :) ) Anyways, the call doesn't mean too much since the last time she was seen by anyone but Brad was 1-1/2 hr. later.

Maybe she had them in the car because she was afraid if they were in the house and if she had to leave FAST...she would be able to drive straight to the airport. Also, maybe he never looked in the car and she felt it was a "safe" place from him...until he surprised her. This to me is a clue that she was frightened of him and had a plan to exit if things exploded. Unfortunately, she never had that chance.
The more I think about it, having the passports in the car is consistent with her purse being there. You might be right, it might have been the safest place and they'd be there if she had to leave in a hurry.

This is what I think also. If she had to leave quickly she wanted those passports with her! It was clear he was being abusive, according to what her parents have stated in the custody papers. Isn't that "abusive woman training 101" Always be prepared to leave quickly if necessary?

It was in an article "all of a sudden", I do not believe LE has corroberated that as of yet..

Can anyone tell me where it came up or was posted that NC spoke to Jessica Adam at 10:30pm at the party Fri?
I heard her say it on the phone during an interview on Fox so it came straight from her mouth (no way to reference it). She also said she called LE at approximately 1:00pm, too...so that is what I have been using on her timeline. However, the other reports state it was later.

I certainly don't know the law, but it seems to me that carrying your passport would be a prudent thing to do for an alien.

Star, I certainly don't know this for a fact but, I would think as resident aliens (sounds weird....lol) they would only be required to have their "green cards" with them at all times......not a passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592