Nancy Garrido - thread #2

I agree...

I think I read somewhere that Nancy and her original family come from Mexico.
Maybe she was educated in Mexico and does not have a long history here in the US..

:back: The Bocanegra's were in San Antonio area at NG's birth, and then
moved to Denver area. NG was the eldest of 5(?) or more.

Sorry, braindead today, that's what I meant to say! Thanks for the info. I guess what I'm wondering here is especially since NG apparently had a job, it seems really odd that they would move in with PG's mom back then. He'd been living in the Tahoe/Reno area before he went to jail, yes? UNLESS,
of course, they'd already planned to use this particular larger yard for something, and planned to drug up his mother and use her money. (Even more so, now, I didn't realize NG moved in there first.) She wasn't "taking care Patricia" back then. From what I've read she was an active woman. I was just thinking the hoarders that they appear to be, makes me wonder about correspondence NG & PG would have had while he was in prison. Hope it didn't get trashed somewhere in the searching.

I think P&N planned this while he was incarcerated. I'm also suspicious of PF, PF's second husband and Jack. One is deceased and the other two are in the early stages of dementia, but, IIRCC, until the late 90's they were all alive and well which we all know was years into JC's torment...:waitasec: Their jailhouse correspondence would be interesting.

Her job was not enough for a large apartment for all.
she started out in better positions, years back she was taking care of patients.
Then she hooked up with him and went down hill......
Last job she was the cleaning girl at another facility.

N can only be traced back in the health care field to 1981, the same year she married P...
http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_13255972

This article says he only did 38 days in 93.:waitasec:
I know on one job she was fired because they took a drug test and she did not pass.

Can you please provide a link?

I think he was smart in some ways or he would not be in the mecca of rapists,
murderers and thieves. seems the perfect place to hide. And the perfect house to hide in. :(

Yes, this was the perfect environment for this horror to take place. I hope something can be done to fix the entire system we currently have. JC was basically in plain sight in a backyard campground but never found. How could this happen? Is she the only one? Not just in CCC, but everywhere? It's a sickening thought. This didn't just happen because he is "smarter" than some doofus cops and unaware neighbors.

Yes, this was the perfect environment for this horror to take place. I hope something can be done to fix the entire system we currently have. JC was basically in plain sight in a backyard campground but never found. How could this happen? Is she the only one? Not just in CCC, but everywhere? It's a sickening thought. This didn't just happen because he is "smarter" than some doofus cops and unaware neighbors.

She is probably not the only one. The only reason she got found is because PG was on parole, if he wasn't she would never have resurfaced until he died, but by then I think the identity of Jaycee would have long faded.

She is probably not the only one. The only reason she got found is because PG was on parole, if he wasn't she would never have resurfaced until he died, but by then I think the identity of Jaycee would have long faded.

I beg to differ. The only reason she was found is because pg brought the two girls to Berkeley, who got suspicious. His PO's knew nothing of the situation.

This describes ng perfectly:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopathy[/ame]

Sociopathy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Sociopaths are unable to experience emotional responses for other people outside of their own personal interests. This is not to be confused with ideological or philosophical traits that share the same viewpoint from outside perception, instead it is the psychological inability to show emotion or caring for others. While a sociopath can feel emotion, it is (even if it results in care for another) because they find it viable for themselves, as opposed to what would be termed as selflessness.

I beg to differ. The only reason she was found is because pg brought the two girls to Berkeley, who got suspicious. His PO's knew nothing of the situation.

This describes ng perfectly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopathy

Sociopathy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Sociopaths are unable to experience emotional responses for other people outside of their own personal interests. This is not to be confused with ideological or philosophical traits that share the same viewpoint from outside perception, instead it is the psychological inability to show emotion or caring for others. While a sociopath can feel emotion, it is (even if it results in care for another) because they find it viable for themselves, as opposed to what would be termed as selflessness.

Natal is right, in that, if PG hadn't been on parole and hadn't been registered as a SO, it wouldn't have raised any suspicions (other than the girls acting strangely) for the Berkley safety officers. They would have had no choice but to brush him off as a strange religious fanatic that brought his "robotic" daughters along with him. But he was on parole and a RSO and this is why they contacted his PO.
Sadly, he is also right that JC probably isn't the only one.

Also, here is some more info that I think describes NG...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia[/ame]

Natal is right, in that, if PG hadn't been on parole he wouldn't have been registered as a SO and wouldn't have raised any suspicions, other than the girls acting strangely, for the Berkley safety officers. They would have had no choice but to brush him off as a strange religious fanatic that brought his "robitic" daughters along with him. But he was on parole and a RSO and this is why they contacted his PO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

im sorry but the fact he was registered for at least a decade or more and none of the morons in the par0le office figured this out but two campus officers at a college he spent a couple of hours at did, shows how pathetic and lame the parole officers are. if theyd done there job in the first place the berkley indident would never have happened cause this would have been over years ago

N can only be traced back in the health care field to 1981, the same year she married P...

imo its our duty to be able to sense stuff like this happening. already people turn there heads to wife/spousal/child abuse cause they feel its not there place to get involved. its all our 'places" to get involved.

Doh, lightbulb moment. There may have been many reasons the neighbors could not call to report him. If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones! Sometimes I am very slow!!:waitasec:

Natal is right, in that, if PG hadn't been on parole he wouldn't have been registered as a SO and wouldn't have raised any suspicions (other than the girls acting strangely) for the Berkley safety officers. They would have had no choice but to brush him off as a strange religious fanatic that brought his "robotic" daughters along with him. But he was on parole and a RSO and this is why they contacted his PO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

I think you have a misconception in your idea. Not all registered sex offenders are on parole. Sex offenders now have to register for life. That does not mean they are still seeing parole officers the rest of their lives.

You can find out about all 50 states here, you may be shocked at what you find:

http://www.library.ca.gov/crb/04/12/04-012.pdf

Lifetime Supervision and Risk Assessment
A number of state and local jurisdictions require lifetime supervision for sex offenders. Lifetime supervision is based on the assumption that sex offending can be a life-long, chronic pattern of abusive behavior, and that sex offenders may be unable or unwilling to control their criminal sexual behavior. Lengthy probation or parole terms have approximately the same effects.
Proponents of lifetime supervision assert that sex offending begins at an early age (between 14 and 20) and that their deviant sexual behavior is well ingrained, well rehearsed, and difficult to control by the time the criminal justice system and treatment providers intervene.25 Even after treating sex offenders and releasing them back into the community there is a certain risk that they will commit another sex offense. Therefore, proponents believe that the best way to avoid future victimization is through ongoing and extended surveillance and specialized treatment. Such close supervision and surveillance may also improve the ability of supervising officers to prevent or detect changes in offenders’ behavior patterns, such as a potential crossover to other types of sex offending, high risk lifestyle changes, or a shift to a new victim group.26

Sex Offender Registration
Sex offender registration laws are now commonplace throughout the United States.♦ Federal law initially required that states adopt minimum standards for sex offender registration and community notification in order to receive federal funding. However, many states are exceeding those standards. The goals of the federal registration law (the Wetterling Act) include increasing public safety, deterring offenders from committing future crimes, and providing law enforcement with additional investigative powers. In order to achieve these goals, states have developed a number of approaches to sex offender registration. These include:
• Development of written policy and procedures, detailing the registration process.
• Collection of thorough information on registered sex offenders, with ready access to this information by all law enforcement officers.
• Development of systems to efficiently transfer registration information within and across state lines so that offenders cannot escape registration obligations.
The most comprehensive approaches to sex offender registration involve sharing information among state and local agencies include the sentencing court, state corrections and justice departments, local law enforcement, community organizations, and probation and parole. Close communication between those managing registration, those engaged in broad policy analysis and development, and those conducting the day-to-day monitoring of offenders, have prevented offenders from slipping through “cracks” in the system.30

So, being a RSO does not mean you will always be on lifetime parole. I hope that everyone realizes that the system, the way it is set up does not protect us, just as this case has proven. There was even a period of time between the release of his federal parole changing to parole for the state of Nevada, administered by CA that pg did not have parole administered upon him. Parole does NOT keep citizens safe!! This causes me to respectfully disagree with both you and Natal.

Doh, lightbulb moment. There may have been many reasons the neighbors could not call to report him. If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones! Sometimes I am very slow!!:waitasec:

I think you have a misconception in your idea. Not all registered sex offenders are on parole. Sex offenders now have to register for life. That does not mean they are still seeing parole officers the rest of their lives.

You can find out about all 50 states here, you may be shocked at what you find:

http://www.library.ca.gov/crb/04/12/04-012.pdf

starting to think only the grace of god keeps us safe.
and he isnt everywhere at once either :(
Lifetime Supervision and Risk Assessment
A number of state and local jurisdictions require lifetime supervision for sex offenders. Lifetime supervision is based on the assumption that sex offending can be a life-long, chronic pattern of abusive behavior, and that sex offenders may be unable or unwilling to control their criminal sexual behavior. Lengthy probation or parole terms have approximately the same effects.
Proponents of lifetime supervision assert that sex offending begins at an early age (between 14 and 20) and that their deviant sexual behavior is well ingrained, well rehearsed, and difficult to control by the time the criminal justice system and treatment providers intervene.25 Even after treating sex offenders and releasing them back into the community there is a certain risk that they will commit another sex offense. Therefore, proponents believe that the best way to avoid future victimization is through ongoing and extended surveillance and specialized treatment. Such close supervision and surveillance may also improve the ability of supervising officers to prevent or detect changes in offenders’ behavior patterns, such as a potential crossover to other types of sex offending, high risk lifestyle changes, or a shift to a new victim group.26

Sex Offender Registration
Sex offender registration laws are now commonplace throughout the United States.♦ Federal law initially required that states adopt minimum standards for sex offender registration and community notification in order to receive federal funding. However, many states are exceeding those standards. The goals of the federal registration law (the Wetterling Act) include increasing public safety, deterring offenders from committing future crimes, and providing law enforcement with additional investigative powers. In order to achieve these goals, states have developed a number of approaches to sex offender registration. These include:
• Development of written policy and procedures, detailing the registration process.
• Collection of thorough information on registered sex offenders, with ready access to this information by all law enforcement officers.
• Development of systems to efficiently transfer registration information within and across state lines so that offenders cannot escape registration obligations.
The most comprehensive approaches to sex offender registration involve sharing information among state and local agencies include the sentencing court, state corrections and justice departments, local law enforcement, community organizations, and probation and parole. Close communication between those managing registration, those engaged in broad policy analysis and development, and those conducting the day-to-day monitoring of offenders, have prevented offenders from slipping through “cracks” in the system.30

So, being a RSO does not mean you will always be on lifetime parole. I hope that everyone realizes that the system, the way it is set up does not protect us, just as this case has proven. There was even a period of time between the release of his federal parole changing to parole for the state of Nevada, administered by CA that pg did not have parole administered upon him. Parole does NOT keep citizens safe!! This causes me to respectfully disagree with both you and Natal.

our legal system is a joke. convict innocent people. parole murderers and let pedophiles out for "good behavior" or prison overcrowding. then the polliticians play the blame game in congress and yet no laws are passed to change anything.

our legal system is a joke. convict innocent people. parole murderers and let pedophiles out for "good behavior" or prison overcrowding. then the polliticians play the blame game in congress and yet no laws are passed to change anything.

Ok I'm new here, but how can we, as a community, help change this? I have brought this up in other threads also. Parents of missing children, or who have lost a child protest, give interviews, carry out their own searches, write or talk to officials, but nothing changes. What can we do that will help constitute change? How do we prevent the ng's from EVER seeing the light of day?

Ok I'm new here, but how can we, as a community, help change this? I have brought this up in other threads also. Parents of missing children, or who have lost a child protest, give interviews, carry out their own searches, write or talk to officials, but nothing changes. What can we do that will help constitute change? How do we prevent the ng's from EVER seeing the light of day?

honestly? get a federal law passed giving the death penalty to first time convitcted child rapists. otherwise they just keep getting out.

honestly? get a federal law passed giving the death penalty to first time convitcted child rapists. otherwise they just keep getting out.

With the ACLU that will never happen.:waitasec:

Ya, but if he was a first offender, or off parole but still a RSO, the Berkley cops getting suspicious would have amounted to nothing since no one would have pursued it.

some kind of mandatory castration would suit me and hopefully eliminate the problem.

Sunn, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't saying that the only reason he's a RSO is because he's on parole. I was saying that because he was on parole AND a RSO, this gave the Berkley officers options other than just letting this nut go with his "robotic" girls. They would probably have still been suspicious, but w/out him being on parole and a RSO, there wouldn't have been much they would or could do.

I think one of the problems with our current system is the "flooding" of the National Sex Offender Registry with small offenses such as urinating in public or a kid that just turned 18 and has been having relations with his 16 y.o. girlfriend, the parents find out and press charges. These are not actually sex offenders, IMO. I think that if these types of offenses HAVE to be included in the NSOR, then they need to offer the option of a more detailed description of what the person's offense was. We need to know if the person we are looking at as an offender is a real danger or if the person is horny teenager or a drunk that peed in public.

Sunn, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't saying that the only reason he's a RSO is because he's on parole. I was saying that because he was on parole AND a RSO, this gave the Berkley officers other options other than just letting this nut go with his "robotic" girls. They would probably have still been suspicious, but w/out him being on parole and a RSO, there wouldn't have been much they would or could do.

I think one of the problems with our current system is the "flooding" of the National Sex Offender Registry with small offenses such as urinating in public or a kid that just turned 18 and has been having relations with his 16 y.o. girlfriend, the parents find out and press charges. These are not actually sex offenders, IMO. I think that if these types of offenses HAVE to be included in the NSOR, then they need to offer the option of a more detailed description of what the person's offense was. We need to know if the person we are looking at as an offender is a real danger or if the person is horny teenager or a drunk that peed in public.[/QU

and there so focused on that small time stuff the repeat offenders keep slipping thru there fingers :(

I more then likely read it on one of the million posts here on WS - I can not go re-read them all.

I read a lot on her and I do not keep any links to any case on my computer. It has to be here somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back