Nancy Grace - 9/04/2008 8:00 PM EST

I was surprised to read in the jumbled chat with TP just now that he doesn't think the Cin and Geo have done anything illegal and they won't be charged. Doesn't sit right with me. How can TP say that????

He's probably right. C and G have probably danced close to the edge, but not actually crossed the line into something that could be charged as a crime.

As an example, C's cleaning of the clothes. LE had been made aware of them. They had not requested them. She then performed what can be viewed as a somewhat typical action of laundering them. At that point the onus would have been on LE to secure and test the garments. Grandma is not expected to know evidentury procedures, nor were the pants a clear and obviou sindication of a crime. If she found and disposed of a weapon, or cleaned up alot of blood, or even if she had disposed of the pants, she could be charged. But simply laundering the pants,a nd immediately handing them over when asked. probably not something she could be reasonably charged with.

Much the same with George. Unless they can prove that he delierately removed something from the car or cleaned something without telling LE, then he has probably not crossed the line. (and rest assured George knows exactly where that line is).

The same thing with their statements and actions since the initial arrest. It isn't illegal to lie to the press, screw with the press, or spout insane theories. As long as what they said to LE in direct testimony is not an outright lie.

Just like on Tuesday when Cindy was screwing with TES and TM, with the credible tip from Texas. She gave the tip, fake or otherwise, to TM and TES. She has no legal obligation to be fair or truthful with them. Notice that she does NOT give these tips to LE, or what ones do get to LE are passed there through another unsuspecting source (getting TM to alert the Texas authorities.)

Now hopefully LE can ultimately trip them up on some of their sworn statements and direct testimony. But until then, they probably cannot be charged, unless there is direct evidence of deliberate and willfull tampering with evidence.

It's strange that all the reports online are making this release seem so definite. Last time they kept giving scenarios that might keep her in. It seems there could be valid sticking points to her release or at least a delay. I don't get why none of the articles are speculating. She wasn't exactly a model stay at home prisoner, that's for sure, and technically she didn't follow the rules of home confinement. I think the judge could keep her in!

He's probably right. C and G have probably danced close to the edge, but not actually crossed the line into something that could be charged as a crime.

As an example, C's cleaning of the clothes. LE had been made aware of them. They had not requested them. She then performed what can be viewed as a somewhat typical action of laundering them. At that point the onus would have been on LE to secure and test the garments. Grandma is not expected to know evidentury procedures, nor were the pants a clear and obviou sindication of a crime. If she found and disposed of a weapon, or cleaned up alot of blood, or even if she had disposed of the pants, she could be charged. But simply laundering the pants,a nd immediately handing them over when asked. probably not something she could be reasonably charged with.

Much the same with George. Unless they can prove that he delierately removed something from the car or cleaned something without telling LE, then he has probably not crossed the line. (and rest assured George knows exactly where that line is).

The same thing with their statements and actions since the initial arrest. It isn't illegal to lie to the press, screw with the press, or spout insane theories. As long as what they said to LE in direct testimony is not an outright lie.

Just like on Tuesday when Cindy was screwing with TES and TM, with the credible tip from Texas. She gave the tip, fake or otherwise, to TM and TES. She has no legal obligation to be fair or truthful with them. Notice that she does NOT give these tips to LE, or what ones do get to LE are passed there through another unsuspecting source (getting TM to alert the Texas authorities.)

Now hopefully LE can ultimately trip them up on some of their sworn statements and direct testimony. But until then, they probably cannot be charged, unless there is direct evidence of deliberate and willfull tampering with evidence.

But didn't she lie under oath at the bond hearing? Just off the top of my head she said she'd spoken to CA every day, by text or phone, and LE has the records to prove that's untrue. Dates, etc. were all deliberately lied about. There's probably more too, but I can't remember at the moment.

I was surprised to read in the jumbled chat with TP just now that he doesn't think the Cin and Geo have done anything illegal and they won't be charged. Doesn't sit right with me. How can TP say that????

It's possible. They have a right to voice their opinion. There's nothing illegal about the Anthonys insisting that Caylee is alive. It's not against the law to be unpopular.

As far as the evidence tampering charges that are being discussed (i.e., Cindy washing the pants, etc.) we (I mean us - the public) don't have enough information to determine if she/they broke any laws. Was Cindy ever told to preserve the scene before she washed the pants? I don't know. If Cindy really wanted to tamper with evidence, couldn't she have thrown the pants away in the garbage before the police ever got there? I suppose that Cindy and George could easily raise enough plausible deniability as far as evidence tampering charges are concerned.

I'm not comfortable with the phone line that directs tips to the family. It conceivably allows them to fake tips, to send searchers on wild goose chases, to create the public impression that LE is not following up on supposedly valid tips that may not even exist.

On the other hand, I have no doubt at all that their family tip line is bugged and being monitored by LE. LE's interest in getting these tips and monitoring them for accuracy is legitimate and strong enough to override any interests in privacy that the family might claim to that tip line. And besides, because that phone line is advertised as a tip line, the family is essentially on record as not using that line for their personal private matters. I would presume that LE had no problem in obtaining a Court Order to bug that tip line.

You notice everyone has steered clear of indicting the parents in any wrongdoing? I think there was a shift in the wind a few weeks back. I bet the A's have threatened lawsuits.

I doubt that LE would be intimidated by a lawsuit. Don't underestimate the power of the government. It's downright scary.

this case has so much more evidence that we are unaware of
LE is doing a magnificent job at keeping things tucked away

certain people - who i wont mention for fear of being banned or given a time out.. are so desperate, so ridiculously desperate and they will continue to
attempt the denial at any cost.........

some people deny things that are put right in front of their face beause the pain of knowing for sure about something is worse than the unknown..

i hope they receive the counseling and help they need. of all people that need
guidance it is the people that i am not mentioning by name but im sure everyone knows who i am referring to :D

i am just as bewildered as how they can continue to do it..it is obviously for a host of different reasons that would take 1000 pages to explain and even
then the explanation makes very little sense

poor caylee never had a chance and as of right now, the people that should be fighting for her and for justice are forgetting all about her..

and have chosen to fight for the person that is responsible for her disappearance.....

its _ _ _ backwards

and yet im not surprised.....because when you throw someone that isnt even 3 years old under the bus..... it tells me a lot more about the people than i really want to know........:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

QUOTE=robotdog;2621669]this case has so much more evidence that we are unaware of

certain people - who i wont mention for fear of being banned or given a time out.. are so desperate, so ridiculously desperate and they will continue to

some people deny things that are put right in front of their face beause the pain of knowing for sure about something is worse than the unknown..

guidance it is the people that i am not mentioning by name but im sure everyone knows who i am referring to :D

i am just as bewildered as how they can continue to do it..it is obviously for a host of different reasons that would take 1000 pages to explain and even

poor caylee never had a chance and as of right now, the people that should be fighting for her and for justice are forgetting all about her..

and have chosen to fight for the person that is responsible for her disappearance.....

its _ _ _ backwards

and yet im not surprised.....because when you throw someone that isnt even 3 years old under the bus..... it tells me a lot more about the people than i really want to know........:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar[/QUOTE]

:clap:[ Excellent post robodog...I heartily agree...only one thing I am done with though...the "denial."

I do not think there is denial...people in denial are truly ill from trauma or grief.

This is outright despicable behavior to "save face", at the expense of the memory of an innocent little child, the toil and sweat of the police and the searchers..

oops, sorry robodog...I quoted your post but when I clicked it did not come up as shaded as it should!

this case has so much more evidence that we are unaware of

its _ _ _ backwards

and yet im not surprised.....because when you throw someone that isnt even 3 years old under the bus..... it tells me a lot more about the people than i really want to know........:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

So you think these unmentionables are in denial and not in self-protective mode, I gather. I don't see them as being in denial at all. It's something else altogether.

Thinaire beat me to it.

:dance: Its worth repeating Jenny!

I am usually playing catch up here late at night so glad I snuck one past ONE person :laugh:

Seriously though...the head shrinking sometimes goes WAY too far don't you all think? I think as a society we need to demand that the words, "accountability", "morals", "justice", get as much or more play as the physc words used to excuse so many bad behaviors.

Robotdog, I see it as "Camp Anthony" spinning more kool-aid.....

:dance: Its worth repeating Jenny!

I am usually playing catch up here late at night so glad I snuck one past ONE person :laugh:

Seriously though...the head shrinking sometimes goes WAY too far don't you all think? I think as a society we need to demand that the words, "accountability", "morals", "justice", get as much or more play as the physc words used to excuse so many bad behaviors.

It's just beyond the pale of any kind of human behavior that innocent people would express -- it's not to be excused. It is what it is. And it ain't denial. :)

Not to pile on robotdog, of course, who is one of my favorite posters here.

:clap: Excellent post robodog...I heartily agree...only one thing I am done with though...the "denial."

I do not think there is denial...people in denial are truly ill from trauma or grief.

This is outright despicable behavior to "save face", at the expense of the memory of an innocent little child, the toil and sweat of the police and the searchers..

It is not looking much like denial anymore to me either. We've seen the agony on GA's face and in his outbursts. But his wife? She's a masterful spinner. It's really no wonder her daughter is so good at her "untruths".

It is not looking much like denial anymore to me either. We've seen the agony on GA's face and in his outbursts. But his wife? She's a masterful spinner. It's really no wonder her daughter is so good at her "untruths".

Its a Hail Mary Jenny :dance:

I am not feeling the warm and fuzzy about any of them :behindbar

Oh yeah. Hail Mary Pass. That's what I'm thinking.

Its a Hail Mary Jenny :dance:

I am not feeling the warm and fuzzy about any of them :behindbar

We're having a mind-meld. I typed that before I saw your post. Get outta my head! LOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back