Nancy Grace Wed Feb. 4, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the Anthonys need to have their deposition kept secret? Is this normal in Florida or do they want special favors?

I wonder why they want everyone who attends the memorial searched - cameras?

I'm with you on this. They resist everything. Defence lawyer argues that it might affect them in the criminal case even though they are merely witnesses in the ZFG case. NG says witnesses have to answer questions.

More and more I'm thinking the A's are in things up to their necks. Much more so than I ever imagined! :eek:

Good evening, fellow sleuthers! George at home, good heavens! I personally don't think that's such a good idea.

Does anyone have any theories why Morgan is stating that depo's will be recorded and released to the media? Also, I thought that casey couldn't plead the 5th b/c she filed a countersuit. Shouldn't she have to drop the countersuit???
Hey Lovejac! I agree, poor George going to that house, that's just asking for something terrible to happen!
I have no idea why Morgan is making those statements.
Can it get any crazier?:crazy:

Morgan says the purpose of ZFG's suit is to repair damage done to his client's reputation. Releasing depositions which contain admissions that his client is NOT the murderous nanny would be the quickest and most effective way to repair that reputational damage, IMO.

And yes, she should have to drop the countersuit. :)

Thank's nancy. So this is "the norm" (for lack of better words!) regarding suits of this nature?

I don't understand why the Anthonys need to have their deposition kept secret? Is this normal in Florida or do they want special favors?

I wonder why they want everyone who attends the memorial searched - cameras?

Why on earth does everyone in the family get to call the shots on who, what, when, where. Are they in charge? I don't think so. They are subject to the same laws & treatment as the rest of us & that usually aint so special when it comes to this stuff. Since when can you tell LE what you will & won't do?? I wanna smack them all into next year & shout from the roof tops YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. I think the protesters need to come back & hold signs up to that affect. To say, we won't tell you squat unless you do it MY way is really telling everyone to bend over & take it a little deeper. They pizz me off.

What I don't understand is if none of these people know the plaintiff, why the big deal about their answers being kept secret?

TH on Nancy's show can't understand why civil suit isn't delayed until after criminal trial.

Probably security reasons for the memorial and cameras like you suggested! MOO :)

I think the big deal is that if the A's answer truthfully to the questions they'll inevitably asked, they're going to end up admitting there's no proof there was ever a nanny and that Casey's stories about the nanny changed. Those admissions would be VERY bad for Casey during her criminal trial. Nancy Grace panelists seem to think that if the public gets wind of these answers, the jury pool will be tainted.

(tainted by the truth, IMO :waitasec:)

Oh good Lord, they just need to save the tax payers money & say "hey, we all lied, there was no nanny, there was no Zeinda."

The A family has never said they knew Zanny, so why people love to hate them, and especially CA, I just don't get.

What's happening on the show, I lost my cable, my tv went out on me...

testimony from A family wants depo's SECRET!!!!
Protective order to keep SECRET!!!
That says to me that they never knew anything about zanny...........

Exactly!!! If there ever was a ZG who babysat Caylee for KC then there is no harm at all in responding to these questions and ruling out this wrong ZG. So telling.

KC -- you are damned if you do, damned if you don't and, because you did it -- you will be forever damned.

Good evening, fellow sleuthers! George at home, good heavens! I personally don't think that's such a good idea.

Does anyone have any theories why Morgan is stating that depo's will be recorded and released to the media? Also, I thought that casey couldn't plead the 5th b/c she filed a countersuit. Shouldn't she have to drop the countersuit???

My theory is.....Because the media may be the tool which began the "witch hunt" by it's bits of information that hadn't been proven or disproven yet, than perhaps the same media can affect the same ppl with this new information?

Just a guess. :)

~Khaki

Why on earth does everyone in the family get to call the shots on who, what, when, where. Are they in charge? I don't think so. They are subject to the same laws & treatment as the rest of us & that usually aint so special when it comes to this stuff. Since when can you tell LE what you will & won't do?? I wanna smack them all into next year & shout from the roof tops YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. I think the protesters need to come back & hold signs up to that affect. To say, we won't tell you squat unless you do it MY way is really telling everyone to bend over & take it a little deeper. They pizz me off.
Yes, agreed. It's easy to see where Casey came about feeling she is hugely entitled.

duct tape on bag or duct tape will be a nail in kc coffin.........
if found, oil from fingers stay on plastic and tape.
Water doesn't take them away!!!

Thank's nancy. So this is "the norm" (for lack of better words!) regarding suits of this nature?

well, I don't really know-- because Florida is exceptional in its policy to release records and release them very quickly. And few defamation cases get this much up-to-the-minute scrutiny--at least from what i've seen. But Morgan isn't doing anything abnormal or weird in wanting to release the depos after their taken, given the law in his state and the nature of his case-- (well, aside from saying he wants media present during the depo. THAT's weird and that won't be allowed, IMO)

Good grief! All of the A's have already said they never met the nanny, talked to the nanny, saw pics of the nanny, heard Caylee ever talk about the nanny.........SHE SIMPLY DOES NOT EXIST

It's always possible they want the depos kept secret from Casey. After all, if she killed a toddler in cold blood she's certainly capable of taking out the rest of the family as well.

Casey filed counter suit against Zanaida. And by the way we're not answering any questions.per John Morgan LOL!

EXACTLY! WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE?
The whole family is goofy.
If for not getting money from other people (sponges) the A's couldn't even have money for food.
The A family would of lost the house, had no famous lawyers and be on welfare if not for this goulish crime!
If this was onee of us, would we get away with any of this?
NOT IN MY TOWN!!!

well, I don't really know-- because Florida is exceptional in its policy to release records and release them very quickly. And few defamation cases get this much up-to-the-minute scrutiny--at least from what i've seen. But Morgan isn't doing anything abnormal or weird in wanting to release the depos after their taken, given the law in his state and the nature of his case-- (well, aside from saying he wants media present during the depo. THAT's weird and that won't be allowed, IMO)

Nancy! Where have you been all of my websleuth life?! :blowkiss:

Not only are you knowledgeable, your explanations are so easy for me to understand (and my eyes usual glaze over when legal things come up!:crazy:)

Exactly!!! If there ever was a ZG who babysat Caylee for KC then there is no harm at all in responding to these questions and ruling out this wrong ZG. So telling.

KC -- you are damned if you do, damned if you don't and, because you did it -- you will be forever damned.

Cindy, George, and Lee have parroted Casey's story - the nanny kidnapped Caylee. So if they tell the truth in the deposition, that there was no nanny, they never met her, were never given a telephone number or address, never saw a picture of her, that will show that not only did Casey lie, but they furthered that lie by asserting it was the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikishaF