Nancy Grace, Weds. 02/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padilla says finger prints were lifted off the duct tape and they were Casey's

Oh Lp

Now she's getting to Caylee ~

Showing more of memorial service, GA speaking, and video of Caylee singing.

Reporter from WKMG saying Anthony family attorney confirms Caylee was cremated, authorized on 12/31/08. Remains were cleared from ME's office sometime prior to that date. He's referring also to Casey's statement JB read Monday that Casey didn't want her cremated. Atty. says family wanted remains to be safe, not target of grave robbers or vandals. Also remains not in Anthonys house for fear of theft. Casey signed limited POA giving parents rights to manage remains at funeral home.
What are limited POA rights?

Family wants one private meeting with Casey in jail w/o videotape.

LP on now. Nancy asking about the fingerprints lifted off duct tape. LP says he heard they belonged to Casey. Nancy saying Caylee's hair had to be cut to get duct tape off her skull.

Dr. Perper on. Nancy asking who has the right to authorize cremation. ME makes determination that all 'evidence' has been taken and releases body. He's saying no reason to retain bones in this case.

Now she's getting to Caylee ~

Showing more of memorial service, GA speaking, and video of Caylee singing.

Reporter from WKMG saying Anthony family attorney confirms Caylee was cremated, authorized on 12/31/08. Remains were cleared from ME's office sometime prior to that date. He's referring also to Casey's statement JB read Monday that Casey didn't want her cremated. Atty. says family wanted remains to be safe, not target of grave robbers or vandals. Also remains not in Anthonys house for fear of theft. Casey signed limited POA giving parents rights to manage remains at funeral home.

NG said Conway admitted that Caylee had been cremated in the past several days. I think it was more like 6 weeks ago.

Did they confirm that Caylee HAS been cremated?

I'm sorry ~ I was trying to type fast and abbreviated. POA = power of attorney :)

Thanks, I know what it is, what I don't understand is what limits could be placed on a body? I mean, if they were able to cremate Caylee against Casey's wishes, then what other limitations could be in place?

Well now, If LP heard it right and the fingerprints are Casey's it will be interesting to see how JB spins this one.

power of attorney, probably limited to handling the funeral arrangement

she wouldn't want to sign over full power of attorney and give up those picture/video dollars

OMG, that thought never crossed my mind. But it must be the case because if not, she would have set in those limits how she wanted Caylee buried and Cindy and George wouldn't have had a choice of if they were going against her or not, they would have had to do what she asked. OMG..once again, its all about the money!

Thanks, I know what it is, what I don't understand is what limits could be placed on a body? I mean, if they were able to cremate Caylee against Casey's wishes, then what other limitations could be in place?
I think it's limited as to making funeral arrangements and not, like another poster just said, photos/videos, etc. of Caylee. We really don't know if Casey had objected in the past to cremation or just came up with that this week in retaliation to her mother having a memorial service. The little power struggle between them, you know. :) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther