NC - Abhijit Mahato, 29, shot to death, Durham, 18 Jan 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jewels - re the streaming-or-not of the trial of Steven Cooley for the Murder of Majid Mohram -- So far, I haven't found any info as to why WRAL decided not to stream the whole trial of Cooley. I wonder, if they are planning to stream Lovette's, if they were afraid one would run into the other? No idea, just a wild-child guess.

Jewels - re the streaming-or-not of the trial of Steven Cooley for the Murder of Majid Mohram -- So far, I haven't found any info as to why WRAL decided not to stream the whole trial of Cooley. I wonder, if they are planning to stream Lovette's, if they were afraid one would run into the other? No idea, just a wild-child guess.

That could be why Borndem and the fact that there are a couple of others after Cooley that were involved in the same crime as him.

Whew :eek: that was a long sentence there lol.

I guess we will have to wait and see on the Lovette's if they will stream.

Thanks again

Folks, the article below is a MUST READ for those who followed the Eve Carson trial or for those who plan to follow the upcoming Mahato trial. This court session is for the required hearing and judgement as to whether L. Lovette should get LWOP since he was less than 18 y/o when he murdered/kidnapped/robbed Eve Carson. (He was also l-t 18 when he allegedly murdered Mahato.) It is film of the streaming of that hearing. In it we find that Lovette has 16 felonies & 3 misdemeanors on his, ahem, Juvenile record.

Notice the three film clickers in the pics on the left side of the article -- it's the whole hearing. A psychologist (PhD) interviews LL for the defense and tells the Court his findings. Good, good info about Mr. Lovette. A must read.

http://www.wral.com/lovette-again-gets-life-without-parole-for-murder-of-eve-carson/12508263/

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 ‏@TGibbsABC11 11m #LaurenceLovette just turned around to smile at Demario Atwater's fam. Atwater's mother smiles & nods

I was wondering who Atwater was, so I looked up in the links you gave me.

Demario James Atwater pleaded guilty in federal court in September to Carson's death and is serving a life sentence. Laurence Alvin Lovette Jr. is also charged with the crime. He has yet to be tried.
Read more at

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5727400/#5c7P0pUglZjL7weG.99

That article was posted on March 14, 2011

It makes one wonder if Lovette was incredibly close with the Atwater family? Why would they be there for jury selection?

Additionally, I really hope they do stream this trial. In the article I read earlier this morning, it was said that the Mahato family could not travel from India to the states for the trial. At least with it being streamed, they might have a chance to experience some measure of closure.

!!Good News, Fellow Sleuthers!!

I had a little online conversation with the good folks at WRAL today -- here's the gist of it:

Me: Does WRAL plan to live-stream the Laurence Lovette/Mahato trial? There's quite a good bunch of us who think your streaming can't be beat, and we are hoping you will stream this proceeding. Thanks for all you do.

Newsroom (WRAL.com Help Center)

Jul 14 05:34 PM

We are planning to stream this trial.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Get your houses in order, friends -- clean it now & make pots of food. Don't forget the chocolate & Pepsi!!

From WTVD-Raleigh/Durham:

http://abc11.com/news/jury-selection-to-begin-in-lovette-murder-trial-/183408/

No jurors selected today.

And they did offer Lovette a plea, but he rejected it. I surely would like to know what the deal was... Idiot. Does he think he can beat this charge??

I wonder if we'll see Shanita Love testify again? I'm thinking we will. He likes to brag, etc. No telling what he told her about it. We'll see. One of the articles said the PT has 104 names on their witness list... Good, good, good. The more evidence, the better. We may see a couple of familiar faces...

The article above says poor Mahato was shot between the eyes. How primitive and just plain cruel can a ~human being~ get? Oooohh. There is no humanness in him, IMO. Grrrrrrrr.

Thanks for posting.......I watched the video and I saw that Judge J. Hardin will be presiding over the case. Can you please tell me who the prosecutors are?
I can not believe they offered him a plea..... :(

I think I may follow this until we get news on the other 3 NC cases.

!!Good News, Fellow Sleuthers!!

I had a little online conversation with the good folks at WRAL today -- here's the gist of it:

Me: Does WRAL plan to live-stream the Laurence Lovette/Mahato trial? There's quite a good bunch of us who think your streaming can't be beat, and we are hoping you will stream this proceeding. Thanks for all you do.

Newsroom (WRAL.com Help Center)

Jul 14 05:34 PM

We are planning to stream this trial.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Get your houses in order, friends -- clean it now & make pots of food. Don't forget the chocolate & Pepsi!!

Thanks :tyou: from the bottom of my little :heartbeat: for checking with WRAL for the streaming Borndem!

You made my day!

I guess I better get to :guitar: singing and cleaning :sweep: then cooking :cupcake: :popcorn: :drink: for the trial.

I am looking forward to spending time with good friends trial watching!

I'm so glad they are streaming it for the Mahato family (and us as well). Blessings to them during this most difficult time.

No jury members have been seated yet, this could take awhile.
I am still trying to find out who the Prosecutors are.....

Here is some info on Judge Hardin -- he is the Resident Superior Court Judge for Durham County. So we should have a good, smart & seasoned judge who has prolly seen everything -- and I can tell you that Durham County is, regretful to say, fairly high in number of crimes committed, etc., etc.

http://www.nccourts.org/County/Durham/Staff/SCJudges/jehardin.asp

Now I'll see what I can find on the prosecutors... wish me luck -- it may not be that easy what with the "pay us $$ and we'll tell you all about So-and-So" of which I am not a subscriber...
icon6.png

ETA: Here is some info on Jim Dornfried -- the 1st Chair Prosecutor -- it is written by him, I guess when he was running for DA in Durham County --
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/jim-dornfried/Content?oi=3170006

ETA: Here is some info on a Durham Co. Prosecutor, Stormy Ellis, whom I ASSUME is the 2nd Chair Prosecutor in this case:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/icedstormy

I don't know much of anything about Durham County jurisprudence, so please note that... :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012