GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

sorry about the typo in the name! I didnt notice when i posted! sorry!:banghead:

sorry about the typo in the name! I didnt notice when i posted! sorry!:banghead:

Don't worry about it, luckyme!! I knew what you meant!! (And of course, I have never misspelled a name! :liar: )

You're been so right-on on so many other big ones and tid-bits. Your spelling of it made me think of a name that was somewhat well-known in my hometown -- "Atkinson" -- is that a familiar name to you? One of my best friends had that last name...brought back great memories of her! ..
icon7.gif

I live in Chapel Hill and was at UNC at the time of the murder. I remember well when the first email blast went out about the unidentified victim, then the announcement that it was Eve Carson. It is unspeakably eerie to be well-acquainted with all of the locations, like the B of A at University Mall, the neighborhood where she lived, and the one where she died. I even lived just a few blocks from where the case is being tried for a time.

My heart aches for her when I think of how terribly frightened she was, and for her friends, especially her roommates, and her parents and brother. What a horrible, horrible tragedy.

I don't see how any jury can find Lovette innocent. She died during the commission of a kidnapping and robbery, even if he didn't fire the fatal shot. I can see her outline in the back seat on the passenger side of the vehicle, and judging from the comments of several of the witnesses, her outline is even clearer in the moving video. There just seems to be no way imaginable that Lovette somehow was not present when she died just a short time after those images were taken, even if every single witness is a liar (which I do not believe to be the case; the stories are too consistent, they knew too many details that hadn't been released, and none of them had enough motive, in my opinion, to make all that stuff up).

I don't think there is any way a jury could find any sort of reasonable doubt. I just wish finding Lovette guilty could bring Eve Carson back to her family and friends.

I live in Chapel Hill and was at UNC at the time of the murder. I remember well when the first email blast went out about the unidentified victim, then the announcement that it was Eve Carson. It is unspeakably eerie to be well-acquainted with all of the locations, like the B of A at University Mall, the neighborhood where she lived, and the one where she died. I even lived just a few blocks from where the case is being tried for a time.

My heart aches for her when I think of how terribly frightened she was, and for her friends, especially her roommates, and her parents and brother. What a horrible, horrible tragedy.

I don't see how any jury can find Lovette innocent. She died during the commission of a kidnapping and robbery, even if he didn't fire the fatal shot. I can see her outline in the back seat on the passenger side of the vehicle, and judging from the comments of several of the witnesses, her outline is even clearer in the moving video. There just seems to be no way imaginable that Lovette somehow was not present when she died just a short time after those images were taken, even if every single witness is a liar (which I do not believe to be the case; the stories are too consistent, they knew too many details that hadn't been released, and none of them had enough motive, in my opinion, to make all that stuff up).

I don't think there is any way a jury could find any sort of reasonable doubt. I just wish finding Lovette guilty could bring Eve Carson back to her family and friends.

The Thanks button wasn't enuff, Skigirl-- thanks for this post and for sharing your thoughts as someone who was close to it when it happened. I, too, have walked those same streets to visit friends and family many, many times. That has made it more meaningful as well as more eerie and more maddening. How dare they? Oh, how uncaring, cruel, and inhuman.

If the jury gets the case by 3:00 or so tomorrow, I think they will probably have a verdict on Tuesday, although they might not announce until Wednesday. If, however, they are as angry, as insulted and as ready to be done with that evil and uncaring defendant as I am, they may announce on Tuesday. :furious: .. :maddening:
:twocents:

Here's an interesting article that appeared in the Raleigh, NC, newspaper on Sunday, 12/16/11:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/12/18/1717156/at-lovettes-trial-a-tale-of-two.html

Any guesses on when we'll get a verdict and what it will be??

Good Morning All!
I hope Lovette gets life in prison. However, after the Anthony trial, I never know what a jury will do. (although I didn't think the prosecution met the burden of proof for CA to get the DP, I thought she would get manslaughter at the very least.)

I hope the jury takes their time in reviewing all the evidence but hope the verdict comes by Wed at the latest.

Lovette's DNA and the ATM photos are DAMNING evidence! I just don't see this jury coming back with a NG verdict. fingers crossed.

I sure hope WRAL has the live stream working so we can watch closing arguments.

MOO

wm

I have two children away at college. I preach all the time to them to be aware of those around them. This is just a sad case.

Thanks! So i see his mom is there everyday! If the verdict is more than a day i will be shocked. moo

You're welcome, luckyme!

And Good Morning, fellow-Sleuthers! :seeya::websleuther:

I hope we can see the arguments and the charge to the jury. I'm thinking :crossfingers: that they will come to a guilty :behindbar verdict tomorrow -- depending on the time they do, they may wait until Wednesday morning to do all the paperwork and then announce on Wed. morning. :waiting: But I am such a Pollyanna, don't go by what I predict. And yes, I "went through" the horror of the CA trial & verdict, so nothing will surprise me. I'd like to know a profile of the jury, but I have not seen one... That might influence my prediction...

:justice:

I didnt know he had his hair done !!! with eves money too boot!!! :maddening:

I say GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosecution is doing a fabuloous job of presenting the sequence of events! MOO

Is that it for the prosecution? That was fast!!! not even an hour!

People in courtroom today. I guess another prosecutor is going to talk about law.

Nope. The other SA is now having his say. My mind was madeup about halfway thru SA #1 CS. LOL!

Nope. The other SA is now having his say. My mind was madeup about halfway thru SA #1 CS. LOL!

Me too! Think about what the jury must think? If only eve wouldnt have moved after being shot by lovette she might have survived! This just makes me so ill!!! :furious:

Im not going to be able to hear defense. unless they go after lunch. Keep good notes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back