GUILTY NC - Harmony Creech, 11 mos, Spring Lake, Aug 2007

It doesn't make sense to me why the mother wouldn't call the police or an ambulance when she found her child dead in the crib, as she says happened. And then to hide the poor child in the attic? If no charges are filed, there are going to be some angry people here.

Got a link to a news story that gives this information, please? I like reading the full article.

Here's the link:

http://wral.com/news/local/story/1951731/

It was in BrowneyedEmily's post.

That story was updated then, because when I read it earlier it didn't give that information. Thanks. :)

ETA: Yeah, it was, see?

WRAL said:
Missing Harnett County Baby Found Dead in Attic

harmonyqb5.jpg

Posted: 59 minutes ago
Updated: 7 minutes ago

updatedmy6.jpg

Why would you hide your baby in the attic for weeks? This makes no sense. The only thing that makes me think maybe she is telling the truth is the fact she kept the baby and did not throw it in the trash. Seems to me she didn't want to let go. Still why not call 911 when she found her. Maybe she was impaired at the time. Who knows?

Why would you hide your baby in the attic for weeks? This makes no sense. The only thing that makes me think maybe she is telling the truth is the fact she kept the baby and did not throw it in the trash. Seems to me she didn't want to let go. Still why not call 911 when she found her. Maybe she was impaired at the time. Who knows?

I agree, something about this doesn't make sense. The child had been dead for several weeks, and then the mother stages an "abduction scene," complete with the window open and the window screen gone, for her soldier husband to come home to? Did the grandmother know about this? She must have, if the baby had been gone for several weeks.

~snip~
Neighbors said late Saturday they had been bothered by a foul smell for several weeks and that the smell only subsided recently when overnight temperatures dropped. Several neighbors said they had searched their yards for dead animals because of the smell.

Heuser was described by neighbors as a secretive, private person who seldom left home.

http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/743969.html

OMG! I am sick.

I sit here and scream and yell cursing my words on here knowing I cannot hit the save button. I asked why and realized I answered some of my own questions prior.

I thought this was going to be possibly a positive resolution. This was my own wishful thinking.

Bury that &itch as deep and as soon as it can happen.

That story was updated then, because when I read it earlier it didn't give that information. Thanks. :)

A lot of news stories update frequently on the web. The media doesn't post a new story: they just update the old one. I've also noticed they often don't update the headline though. For example, a headline might read "Jane Doe Missing from Anytown," but the story indicated that Jane Doe was found last night, blah, blah. I've learned when researching missing ppl not to trust the headline but to read the article. Hope this make sense.

Hoppy

<snip>
A lot of news stories update frequently on the web. The media doesn't post a new story: they just update the old one. I've also noticed they often don't update the headline though. For example, a headline might read "Jane Doe Missing from Anytown," but the story indicated that Jane Doe was found last night, blah, blah. I've learned when researching missing ppl not to trust the headline but to read the article. Hope this make sense.

Hoppy

*nod* Thing is, I had *just* read that article minutes ago when I saw BrowneyedEmily mention the rest, which made me go "Huh?" :waitasec: I didn't think to refresh the news article, because enough places don't just update one article endlessly, they post new articles. Not in the habit...yet.

I guess my anger can't keep me away from this thread.

I bet he was the child's father and she had to punish him in some way. What a cruel and twisted person she must be. She is one horrid, vindictive person. How could you ever do this to someone who spent their time fighting overseas coming home to meet their child? This is beyond evil.

Of course, the grandmother had to have known. Burn her @zz, too. Let them spend eternity together trying to justify what they did to this baby and to this father.

There HAD to be other people who knew or suspected. WHY didn't they call the proper authorities?! This child had more family!

Er, yeah he was the father, the baby had his name, not hers. ;)
I was clarifying my comment earlier that perhaps he was not. This still has not been established and could be another such motive. If SHE perceived him NOT being the child's father...it was a motive. If he WAS the child's father and she knew it then was pissed...another motive.

You DO realize that because a child has a man's name that it is entirely possible the child is not his...right?!

I think it is very possible that a paternity test confirmed the child was his, if there was any question his CO would probably have made him take a paternity test. They take wage garnishment/child support *very* seriously.

OMG what is going on in this world. I sure didn't expect this result. :sick:

RIP sweet Harmony. :(

OMG what is going on in this world. I sure didn't expect this result. :sick:

RIP sweet Harmony. :(

OMG:( I came to this thread to check for updates. I was praying the babie's death would not be the outcome. The mom needs to be punished for this!:banghead:
The poor father....

OMG:( I came to this thread to check for updates. I was praying the babie's death would not be the outcome. The mom needs to be punished for this!:banghead:
The poor father....

OMG! This case makes me ill. I want to take her and interview her myself. The restraint LE has is amazing in such cases. I know they feel much the same way.

Did you all look at her photos on MySpace? Two albums. Ten photos of herself and family, another album was 25 screen caps from Final Fantasy XI, an online role-playing game. She participates as ChellBell.

Now, check this out -- http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=855248.

A "Chellbell" was buying gameplay stuff for Final Fantasy as recently as Oct. 18. May not be her, but I've not found an online community yet, of any kind, that permits users to have the same screen names. So, if that was her buying stuff for her FF character, the question you ask then is this -- how could you do ANYTHING, much less play your little MMORPG, while the body of your infant is laying in the attic above you?

I can't make post-partum fit this. I've lived twice now with women in the throes of post-partum depression, and they were doing well if they could get out of bed or answer an e-mail.

No. Something's wrong here, something doesn't make sense.

I updated my blog entry about this, but again, you guys know most of it already.

Steve

Reading the new findings.... :banghead: Seems my gut instinct back in post 48 were right! I hope she is let to *ROT* if that baby died by her neglect or abuse! :furious: :behindbar :furious: :behindbar :furious: :behindbar :furious:

ETA: Though *some* online games allow you to have a different site/forum name than your in game characters/account name. This way people cannot steal/hack your account, and they cannot harass you if they met you "in game" and for some reason decided they don't like you. Rappelz and 9Dragons (by Gala-Net and Acclaim) are two examples of this. (And both games have "shops" for items you can use in game.) ETA2: I play both those games which have no subscription fees, because the enjoyment of the games and gameplay doesn't really suffer too badly if you don't buy items in the item shop. 9Dragons especially is good at that balance, of making people maybe want to own nifty items, but not *needing* them to have fun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back