NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea that a few of my friends knew her.

Last night we got in a discussion about it.

They had two thoughts.

1. The ex boyfriend
2. The ex husband

Both seemed to think someone would have been hired though for either, that they wouldn't do it themselves.

They also claimed her surgery was "a little nip tuck," which, I have no way of knowing this, they would.

One woman said the house was split level, and she was on a different floor from her sister. No idea how she knew that either, it seemed that she'd spoken to someone.

Also, the common joking name of that law firm is Shaft, Shaft, and Finagler (I didn't come up with this, it is well known, so lets not sue me).

Laces, thanks so much for the info on the previous marriages.

Do your friends have any ideas about motive for the b/f or an ex?

Just curious because I've been trying to think of a motive for someone who knew her.

ATM, I think Kathy's attacker will end up being another monster like Curtis Vance (who attacked Anne Pressly).

Do your friends have any ideas about motive for the b/f or an ex?

Just curious because I've been trying to think of a motive for someone who knew her.

ATM, I think Kathy's attacker will end up being another monster like Curtis Vance (who attacked Anne Pressly).

Not really, but just knowing that they wouldn't put it past either of them, didn't make me feel too good about it.

I tried not to inquire too much. I'll find out more this weekend.

Thought on them sealing the 911 record-

It was her sister that called 911.

And I still find it funny she is "sister"

The golo comments on WRAL.com are quite an interesting read right now too. Lots of speculation.

DA Wants to seal 911call, search warrants

"Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby on Wednesday asked a judge to seal the recording of a 911 call made after the weekend assault on a member of the state Board of Education."

<snip>

"Willoughby said the premature release of information in the case could hinder the police investigation. He said he also would likely ask a judge to seal the contents of search warrants in the case."

More at:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7205601/

Thanks, Skittles. That is truly interesting - sounds like LE may have an idea of the perp's identity, but not releasing keeps the investigation closer to the vest. I hope they find the perp soon. My opinion is about 50/50 as to whether this was a targeted attack, or someone who was burglarizing homes known to be unoccupied, and Kathy Taft had the bad luck to be there at the time. Very strange case.

It seems the break-in on the neighboring street could have been the same night as the Taft murder. Since the neighbors left town Thursday night, and Taft was killed either Friday night or early Saturday morning it's possible that we're looking at two break-ins, one resulting in murder. With all the police in the neighborhood it's unlikely the Wayland Drive break-in happened between late Saturday morning and Tuesday. So that leaves Thursday night through early Saturday morning for that crime.

Hi, Skittles! It's CARYISHOME, here, from the Nancy Cooper case. I had to change my user name. Glad you're following these events.

I spoke to an employee of the NC Department of Public Instruction (DPI) today. Apparently there is some speculation there that KT's attack was a result of certain activities at the state-level. Not surprisingly, politics are heavily involved.

FYI, two recent events are:

DPI made national news when it attempted to change the way history courses were taught. There were allegations that DPI/state board were planning to cut important history courses. There was lots of heated opposition and the board ended up dropping the initial proposal.

The board recently terminated two charter schools. IIRC, they also refused a small start-up charter school.

Police weren't called until she was in the hospital-

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7205601/

It is getting crazier.

Perhaps she had a nip-tuck - that's the reason for surgical bandages on her face? Is that minor surgery? No wonder she looked so good...

It sounds like initially her sister thought her bleeding, etc. was because of the surgery? I can see that. Not until the doctor said it more that they called the police.

Perhaps she had a nip-tuck - that's the reason for surgical bandages on her face? Is that minor surgery? No wonder she looked so good...

It sounds like initially her sister thought her bleeding, etc. was because of the surgery? I can see that. Not until the doctor said it more that they called the police.

But if she was heavily bandaged, why would they be going out for breakfast? Or were they going to eat something at home? But that still does not sit right with me..

I had no idea that a few of my friends knew her.

Last night we got in a discussion about it.

They had two thoughts.

1. The ex boyfriend
2. The ex husband

Both seemed to think someone would have been hired though for either, that they wouldn't do it themselves.

They also claimed her surgery was "a little nip tuck," which, I have no way of knowing this, they would.

One woman said the house was split level, and she was on a different floor from her sister. No idea how she knew that either, it seemed that she'd spoken to someone.

Also, the common joking name of that law firm is Shaft, Shaft, and Finagler (I didn't come up with this, it is well known, so lets not sue me).

Laces, thanks so much for the info on the previous marriages.
Yesterday @ 6:29 PM I posted the same thought regarding JG. Motive?

Yesterday @ 6:29 PM I posted the same thought regarding JG. Motive?

The employee I spoke with said he was "a good guy" and didn't think he had anything to do with it. Remember, though, this was just one employee's thoughts; the employee probably was not overly close to KT or JG. Also, JG seems to have the family's support at this time.

The sister, though...we aren't hearing anything...

The employee I spoke with said he was "a good guy" and didn't think he had anything to do with it. Remember, though, this was just one employee's thoughts; the employee probably was not overly close to KT or JG. Also, JG seems to have the family's support at this time.

The sister, though...we aren't hearing anything...

Very interesting....

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I'm curious how much the State board has gotten involved with the Wake county mess?

Me, too. I think I remember reading somewhere on one of the media comments that she attended a recent Wake County School Board meeting. I'm not certain, though. The latest meetings have been very contentious; if I were a state board member I'd think two or three times before attending.

I think generally the state board tries to stay out of local politics, but in the case of Wake County, perhaps someone, somewhere made some sort of statement about the issues here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin