NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clipboard01.jpg

I'm thinking "trace tapings" is literally clear tape used to collect trace evidence, such as hairs and fibers + latent prints.

Clipboard01.jpg

I'm thinking "trace tapings" is literally clear tape used to collect trace evidence, such as hairs and fibers + latent prints.

That makes sense.

I looked at the SW again. I wonder why they would only take a portion of the bed skirt. Those are normally in one piece. I know some are the wrap around style that velco onto the mattress, but I don't know of any that comes in different pieces. Most are one piece that lay over top of the box springs and under the mattress.

They took her 2009 and 2010 Day planners. They should have her schedule laid out and may contain some names and numbers of friends and acqaintances.

They also took the keys to the Lexus, so I guess that means that D didn't follow the ambulance to the hospital in KT's car. She didn't take hers either, so I guess she rode in the ambulance. I didn't think they allowed that anymore.

Does anyone know which rooms in the house were carpeted and which ones had tile or wood?

That makes sense.

They took her 2009 and 2010 Day planners. They should have her schedule laid out and may contain some names and numbers of friends and acqaintances.

SW states a black 2009 day planner was taken from the house - may not have been KT's.

The 2010 planner was probably KT's since it was taken from her car.

Interesting, also took a GPS from the house.

sloothseeker, thanks for noticing the misspelling and sending us down the right path.

That makes sense.

I looked at the SW again. I wonder why they would only take a portion of the bed skirt. Those are normally in one piece. I know some are the wrap around style that velco onto the mattress, but I don't know of any that comes in different pieces. Most are one piece that lay over top of the box springs and under the mattress.

They also took the keys to the Lexus, so I guess that means that D didn't follow the ambulance to the hospital in KT's car. She didn't take hers either, so I guess she rode in the ambulance. I didn't think they allowed that anymore.

Does anyone know which rooms in the house were carpeted and which ones had tile or wood?

They probably made an exception when she told them about her car not being there.

SW states a black 2009 day planner was taken from the house - may not have been KT's.

The 2010 planner was probably KT's since it was taken from her car.

Interesting, also took a GPS from the house.

The GPS could be helpful in retracing where the owner of the unit has been.
My Garmin has a 'recent destination' folder.

Oh, this just popped into my head. Imagine the crime scene contamination by the EMS. They probably drug their stretcher through there and slung bed sheets/blankets around to get to KT. Remember they didn't think it was anything other than complications from a surgery. They walked on stuff. Maybe the hair LE found came from one of the EMS workers. Maybe blood got onto things it wasn't originally on because they were moving her around. I bet they really screwed that place up.

Oh, this just popped into my head. Imagine the crime scene contamination by the EMS. They probably drug their stretcher through there and slung bed sheets/blankets around to get to KT. Remember they didn't think it was anything other than complications from a surgery. They walked on stuff. Maybe the hair LE found came from one of the EMS workers. Maybe blood got onto things it wasn't originally on because they were moving her around. I bet they really screwed that place up.
Even if they suspected a possible crime scene, they would still do about the same things in order to check her and transport. EMS and fire dept first responders routinely need to be eliminated for their shoe impressions, hair /fiber, DNA and fingerprints.

Wonder if EMS realized it was more than just complications from surgery.

sloothseeker, thanks for noticing the misspelling and sending us down the right path.

Thank you JTF for really getting it straight. Believe it or not, this is not my day job and I had logged off to actually get work done and had not seen the posts about the electrical tappings. However, given the bizareness of this entire murder - it wouldn't have surprised me if there had been trace tappings!!

"I feel like I already knew the content of what we were going to hear. I was interested in hearing my aunt’s state of mind,” Fuqua said.

“I have to say it’s a little disturbing that so much time passed between the attack and when 911 got called,” she said.

“I do think it was random, but we really don’t know.”

"It frightens me for all women that this person is still out there.”

http://www.reflector.com/news/taft-family-reacts-released-information-30635

Like us, sounds like KT's daughter wanted to hear D's "state of mind" on 911.

We all know D's interview about 'footsteps' and coming down the stairs is odd to say the least.
I sure would love to get confirmation she was at GG, as rumored.
Sounds like she did leave the door unlocked.
I wonder if the perpetrator finished with KT while D was out and went upstairs to look for something to steal, only to hear someone enter after 2am. Not knowing if it was a 220lb man, perhaps he waited a while upstairs (hid?) and then eventually fled down the stairs, straight out the door?
Could this be what D heard and thought she saw before 3am?
Just trying to make some sense the otherwise bizarre story.

I thought she heard the footsteps just before she found KT?

We all know D's interview about 'footsteps' and coming down the stairs is odd to say the least.
I sure would love to get confirmation she was at GG, as rumored.
Sounds like she did leave the door unlocked.
I wonder if the perpetrator finished with KT while D was out and went upstairs to look for something to steal, only to hear someone enter after 2am. Not knowing if it was a 220lb man, perhaps he waited a while upstairs (hid?) and then eventually fled down the stairs, straight out the door?
Could this be what D heard and thought she saw before 3am?
Just trying to make some sense the otherwise bizarre story.

This scenario (hearing D while upstairs and then fleeing) sounds plausible. In fact, it's what's been going through my head today. I can't get confirmation on GG - I have heard it from several people but no eyewitness reports.

Breaking news! Channel 11 news just announced an arrest in this case. Some guy about a block or less away on Waylon Drive. Can't remember his name... so excited to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels