GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped:
Ackerson's friends say she had a custody hearing on august 15 where she was going to try to get split custody of the children.

Here is a LINK to the WCFC calendars. Nothing slated under either party for any judge for that week, the week before, or the week after. Filing/case could be in another jurisdiction though (Lenior Co.?)

Good find jrb.

From Mapquest: Via GROVE BARTON RD
2 mins / 0.53 miles

I'm hoping she planned to meet someone at that apt complex since it was near her ex's place, e.g., "I have to drop off the kids at Grant's so meet me around the corner at..." If the ex was involved, that would mean he left the car less than 2 minutes from his own place...which wouldn't be very smart.

Also hope if she was meeting someone, it was a 'friendly' rendezvous.

Trying to create a map for Laura, but Google is giving me fits right now. I'll keep trying.

I just had a revelation that GH may have changed the spelling of his last name from Hayes to Haze. His mother's last name is spelled Hayes. I wonder what the legal spelling of his last name is.

Map the location of where the car was found (5400 Summit Manor Ln), and then the Raleigh address found on this page:

http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/Corp.aspx?PitemId=9610284

Coincidence or too close for comfort?

I would say that this is definitely concerning....
LAckerson.jpg

The blue car is where Laura's car was found. The yellow pin is the address where Grant & Amanda's business, Haze Ltd, is registered. I don't know if this is the Haze's esidence or just the business location. However, the building appears to be apartments.

Good find jrb.

From Mapquest: Via GROVE BARTON RD
2 mins / 0.53 miles

I'm hoping she planned to meet someone at that apt complex since it was near her ex's place, e.g., "I have to drop off the kids at Grant's so meet me around the corner at..." If the ex was involved, that would mean he left the car less than 2 minutes from his own place...which wouldn't be very smart.

Also hope if she was meeting someone, it was a 'friendly' rendezvous.

We know Laura was in Raleigh WED 7/13 for business:

Ackerson's friend and business partner Chevon Mathes says the last time she talked with her was Wednesday afternoon. She says Ackerson was happy. She had just landed three new clients for their marketing business and had two more appointments that day. That was the last time she heard from her.​

According to this article:

Investigators say Ackerson drove to Raleigh last week for a business meeting and while in town she decided to visit her children, who live with their father in Raleigh.
Ackerson was supposed to visit her children again on Friday. According to family members, she and her ex-husband were scheduled to meet in Wilson but she never showed up.​

And from a previous article we have this:

Laura Jean Ackerson was last seen July 13 around 9:30 p.m. in the state capital in her vehicle, a 2006 white four-door Ford Focus with the North Carolina license plate of ZTL-7433.​

So what do we have?

WED 7/13: (afternoon) LA talks to business partner CM, 3 business appointments down - those went well, new clients, 2 appts to go.
WED 7/13: (early evening?) LA drops by apt of ex GH and his wife to see her children
WED 7/13: (9:30 PM) officially "last seen" could mean this is the time GH and/or wife says she left the apt or brought the kids back if she took them out?

FRI 7/15: according to the GH's mother, GH called her at some point after 6:30 PM and complained that LA never showed up to pick up the kids at the Sheetz in Wilson at 5:00 and that he waited 90 minutes for her.

MON 7/18: CM calls police when LA doesn't show up for work.

WED 7/19: LA car found in office park parking lot half a mile from her GH's apt.

Somehow, LA's car made it from the GHx's apt to an office park parking lot .5 miles away after 9:30 WED night 7/13 and no one has heard from her since.

I don't know if this is the Haze's esidence or just the business location. However, the building appears to be apartments.

They are apartments. I found a few advertised for rent (2BR, 2BA).

Also, to the name spelling change - yes, I found his last name listed as Hayes in another business doc on the NY Secy of State corporate registration database.

Somehow, LA's car made it from the GHx's apt to an office park parking lot .5 miles away after 9:30 WED night 7/13 and no one has heard from her since.

SBM

The location that her car was found is actually an apartment complex within easy direct walking distance of the Haze apartment complex.

SBM

The location that her car was found is actually an apartment complex within easy direct walking distance of the Haze apartment complex.

A mix of businesses and residences on the street? probably.

I managed to find quite a few businesses with the 5400 summit manor address earlier: psychiatrist, attorney, (could be in-home practices), but also radiator place, auto supplies (probably not)...if you do a search on the address they will show. This led me to the conclusion it was a business park....however there is also a pool there. :waitasec:

SBM

So hypothetically, if you wanted to move a car away from near your residence...far enough that it is found "in a different place"...but not too far because you had to get back quickly and had to walk (?)

ETA: I am only suggesting a possible scenario to explain where LA's car was parked. Another could be that she had a late appontment with a business or individual in the 5400 summit manor block and never made it back to her car.

sounding worse with every article posted...

Ackerson lost contact with many of her family members and friends in recent years, the relative said, as a result of a "controlling and volatile relationship" with her children's father, Grant Hayes.

LINK

This just on the news (WTVD/Raleigh):

- Laura's car was found in front of the apartment building in which Laura had previously lived with Grant and their 2 children, which is very near (around the corner from) Grant's current apartment. The neighbors at the apartment complex where her car was found (5400 Summit Manor Lane) are being interviewed
- Grant has "not been identified as person of interest at this time"
- Grant had custody of the children. "Nasty" custody battle court documents discovered in Kinston

WED 7/13: (early evening?) LA drops by apt of ex GH and his wife to see her children

WED 7/13: (9:30 PM) officially "last seen" could mean this is the time GH and/or wife says she left the apt or brought the kids back if she took them out?

So the last person to see or talk to Laura was Haze and his new wife?

It's a state park, a huge plot of woods, lakes (non-swimming) and trails. I don't want to sound like an alarmist; it just occurred to me it's awfully close to an extremely large densely wooded area. It's thousands of acres and borders on the airport, I believe. At this moment, we are having a huge downpour (I am by the park).

When they say she was last seen in Raleigh, I wonder where in Raleigh she was seen.

I sure hope she just decided to skip town for a short va-ca.

Yipes not to get even mote freakybut there is also lake lynn right there with several secluded entries as well as crabtree creek. Lots of water around there. This does not sound good for poor Laura.
I wonder if her biz partner gave LE the names of this clients she was suppose to have that day.

The news (WTVD again) quoted the judge from a court custody document to say she was: "...currently exhibiting emotionally unstable behavior and has a history of similar periods…” They did not provide the date of this statement.

A neighbor of Laura's was interviewed on camera. She was crying and said: "she was trying too hard to get them back...nomatter what anyone said about her...her personality...mood swings, whatever...that's what she lived for...she was all about getting her boys"

Based on those 2 statements, I am wondering (hoping, actually) whether perhaps there is a mood disorder involved and a manic episode resulted in her impulsively taking off somewhere. I hope. And I am just speculating out loud as to a possibility. I have absolutely no information to support this. I'm not trying to start any rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81