GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have met both Laura and her ex several times but do not know them well. . They both appear to be extremely nice people. I cannot imagine what has happened. I would love to know where Laura's parents are though. She has lost contact with much of her family but now that she is missing you would think a parent or grandparent would step up. They could possibly shed more light on the situation. She has only lived in this town for a short while so no one here could possibly know that much about her. I don't even know what brought her to this town ...there is nothing to attract a girl like her to it.

This morning the local news said that in the custody court records there were allegations of emotional instability. Grant had claimed that Laura was an ex exotic dancer in Jacksonville and had received money for dates. It is possible that if any of this is true she could have met someone after dropping of the children for a date. Custody battles are expensive and she could have been picking up some extra cash. Grant also claimed that Laura threatened to skip town with the boys, which is why he had full custody of them.

I would love to know where Laura's parents are though. She has lost contact with much of her family but now that she is missing you would think a parent or grandparent would step up. They could possibly shed more light on the situation.

mag, I wonder as well, where is her family? Brother Jason said "we hope this ends soon" but that's about it. It doesn't seem there are any advocates working to find her...no searches being done. I called the PD to see if they needed volunteers for search parties and they said no. I find it hard to believe that the police would not conduct a search unless they had reason to believe it was unwarranted.

There is a new facebook account for friends and family of Laura. Her sister is on the new page.

This morning the local news said that in the custody court records there were allegations of emotional instability. Grant had claimed that Laura was an ex exotic dancer in Jacksonville and had received money for dates. It is possible that if any of this is true she could have met someone after dropping of the children for a date. Custody battles are expensive and she could have been picking up some extra cash. Grant also claimed that Laura threatened to skip town with the boys, which is why he had full custody of them.

Phooey! I wouldn't put even a tiny bit of faith in anything her ex has to say about her.

It's not looking good for him right now. It looks like he took a page from the Drew Peterson book on how to treat a lady. Tell people she's mentally unstable, promiscuous, irresponsible, tell her she'll never get the kids if she leaves, replace her asap with another wife. :loser: JMO

( the "loser" smiley is for men who abuse women and children, not you magpie!)

One thing that bothers me.....who sits for an hour and a half with a three and one year old????? Says they were hot????I know my hubby would not have sat that long with two young ones probably bored and whiney???I do not see any where that he tried to call etc to see if she was running late etc....that is strange to me.

One thing that bothers me.....who sits for an hour and a half with a three and one year old????? Says they were hot????I know my hubby would not have sat that long with two young ones probably bored and whiney???I do not see any where that he tried to call etc to see if she was running late etc....that is strange to me.

I thought about that too and looked up the weather for the month.

Interestingly enough, FRI 7/15 was the coolest day of the month thus far (high was only 86)...says it was cloudy as well:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KRDU/2011/7/22/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Unseasonably cooler, and it hadn't gone under 86 as a high for the 30 days preceding.

3 days before that FRI it was 100 degrees, 2 days before that FRI it was 97...so the prior week in hindsight might have seemed to be a hot one, except for that THU and FRI were not that hot.

86 as the high temp might still be considered "hot" by some...but definitely wouldn't make the grade as hot for most NC'ers ;)

It's about an hour drive from Raleigh to where he was to meet Laura to exchange the children. It's not like it was just around the corner. If he did wait for her there, he could have waited inside Sheetz and/or in the car with the A/C running. But even with a "cold front" and the high of 86, it would not be comfy in a car without the A/C running.

I have not heard any reports about whether or not he has said he tried to contact Laura during that reported hour and half time-frame. The authorities are not saying anything about it, and neither is Grant.

Isn't it odd that Laura doesn't seem to have a FB page? She seemed to be very internet-savvy. It seems strange. Maybe the police have captured a FB site and its content and had it memorialized?

Grant had claimed that Laura was an ex exotic dancer in Jacksonville and had received money for dates. It is possible that if any of this is true she could have met someone after dropping of the children for a date. Custody battles are expensive and she could have been picking up some extra cash. Grant also claimed that Laura threatened to skip town with the boys, which is why he had full custody of them.

I found her resume online here.

Assuming she graduated HS in MI, and went to college in IA for a few years, lived in MO for some period...if she was 21 when she got to Raleigh, and pregnant by Grant by age 23...I just don't see where she would have fit that (what Grant claims) in for any extended period of time along with everything else on her resume during that period:

* Rare Breed Entertainment Raleigh, NC;Booking Agent/ Management/ Event Coordinator

* JY Monk Real Estate School Raleigh, NC

* Bassett Furniture Direct Raleigh, NC: Sales Associate/ Idea Coordinator

* Front Row Wake Forest, NC: Bartender Food and beverage sales

I guess its possible, but would have had to be with Grant's blessing - don't you think?

She never had a facebook page. A mutual friend asked her some time ago if she had one and Laura said "no" but did not offer a reason. I too find it strange that a young woman who owns her own company wouldn't have a facebook, if for nothing more then networking purposes.

I have met both Laura and her ex several times but do not know them well. . They both appear to be extremely nice people. I cannot imagine what has happened. I would love to know where Laura's parents are though. She has lost contact with much of her family but now that she is missing you would think a parent or grandparent would step up.

LA's brother has been asking for help through the local news - though he won't go on camera.

I don't know either LA or GH, but I've read both some unflattering things and pleasant things about GH on that other NC/triangle site from people who have met him.

I found her resume online here.

Assuming she graduated HS in MI, and went to college in IA for a few years, lived in MO for some period...if she was 21 when she got to Raleigh, and pregnant by Grant by age 23...I just don't see where she would have fit that (what Grant claims) in for any extended period of time along with everything else on her resume during that period:

* Rare Breed Entertainment Raleigh, NC;Booking Agent/ Management/ Event Coordinator

* JY Monk Real Estate School Raleigh, NC

* Bassett Furniture Direct Raleigh, NC: Sales Associate/ Idea Coordinator

* Front Row Wake Forest, NC: Bartender Food and beverage sales

I guess its possible, but would have had to be with Grant's blessing - don't you think?

The resume says last updated 1/4/2010 fwiw....

"I guess its possible, but would have had to be with Grant's blessing - don't you think?"

It may be a lie but then again I could think of a few lies that would have better served his purpose in custody court. If it isn't a lie, she may have been "dating" with Grant's blessing but who really knows. I just think that if by chance the accusations are true, she could have met up with a "client" after dropping off the children which would have put her in a very dangerous situation.

The resume says last updated 1/4/2010 fwiw....

Which would be right around or shortly before GH and LA split correct? So then his claims of her dating/dancing activity could be after they split and she moved from Raleigh to Kinston (and presumably after custody was awarded).

"I guess its possible, but would have had to be with Grant's blessing - don't you think?"

It may be a lie but then again I could think of a few lies that would have better served his purpose in custody court. If it isn't a lie, she may have been "dating" with Grant's blessing but who really knows. I just think that if by chance the accusations are true, she could have met up with a "client" after dropping off the children which would have put her in a very dangerous situation.

Interesting. I wonder why she had that big bag with her that could be almost like an Overnight bag, we don't have much info do we,

I wonder if she had a boyfriend?
Do we know where these surveillance photos were taken yet and a time? Need more info!

Updated: 5:27 PM Jul 22, 2011

Police Release Surveillance Photos Of Missing Kinston Mother

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/Kinston_Police_Searching_For_missing_Woman_125806993.html
Really doen't help any because they are not saying where this photo came from. They are not realeasing much information at all. I still say those detectives that were at her apartment on Wednesday found something they are not releasing!! All those cops were there for a reason and it was not because of "Assault: pushing victims face with fingers". It doesn't take 15 to 20 officers to respond for something like that!!

Interesting. I wonder why she had that big bag with her that could be almost like an Overnight bag, we don't have much info do we,

I wonder if she had a boyfriend?
Do we know where these surveillance photos were taken yet and a time? Need more info!
I have never been in the inside of that apartment complex look like I might have to take a little field trip!!

Really doen't help any because they are not saying where this photo came from. They are not realeasing much information at all. I still say those detectives that were at her apartment on Wednesday found something they are not releasing!! All those cops were there for a reason and it was not because of "Assault: pushing victims face with fingers". It doesn't take 15 to 20 officers to respond for something like that!!

say2,

just curious - when you said you work across from where she resides in Kinston - is that Herritage (also her work loc) you are talking about?

Also, what time of day was the activity you saw?

say2,

just curious - when you said you work across from where she resides in Kinston - is that Herritage (also her work loc) you are talking about?

Also, what time of day was the activity you saw?
Yes, thats Herritage and her work address and home address are one in the same from all the reading I have done she worked from her apartment. The activity was around 3:00 - 3:30 prior to all the activity there were 4 men in shirts and ties that looked maybe like SBI or out of town detectives ( I had never seen them before) one had a pair of blue latex gloves in his hands like he was maybe crime scene guy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000