GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it, island!!

Thanks for the background Borndem. Looks like something to look forward to after the holidays...Guess we will be in trial withdrawal for awhile.

Yep, Chelly, we will. But then in January, we'll be su-rrounded with good cases. In addition to the Amanda Hayes trial -- and BTW, she is a bit weird, IMO, so that angle should be evident during the trial. Her now-convicted-of-1st-Deg.-Murder-(LWOP) husband, Grant Hayes -- that is if they are actually married; there is some doubt -- was a real piece of work, and certainly so is she, IMO. It is thought that they were co-conspirators in this awful murder... Laura Ackerson's body was dismembered; body parts were put into Igloo coolers and the Hayes's and their children (Laura/&/Grant's 2 boys and Amanda/&/Grant's new daughter) all headed from Raleigh, NC, to Texas to visit Amanda's family. The two allegedly hauled the coolers to a creek near Amanda's relative's property and dumped the body parts in it. <gag> But most of the body parts were found... So that's where that one is... And it should be live-streamed by WRAL.

Anyway, there is also a re-trial of another alleged wife-murderer -- jury was hung 11-1 in favor of conviction of Raven Abaroa about 6--8 months ago (don't actually remember when). He's another piece of work, IMO. WRAL live-streamed that trial. The re-trial has also been scheduled for mid-January.

And then there's the Uta Von Schwedler murder trial, and it, too, is scheduled for mid-January.

A dilemma for me -- I don't have enuff coordination or eyes & ears to follow live streams of all three of them -- assuming they will all be streamed. I hate multi-tasking, especially when I'm not getting paid to do it, as I was when I was in IT development...

Anyway, if all three of those are simultaneous, we will need some time to rest before jumping into all of that action, won't we?

Let's keep in touch!
icon12.gif

I read the murder happened when Laura was dropping off the kids, but it wasn't mentioned if the children were present. Did those children witness this? How horrific.

I read the murder happened when Laura was dropping off the kids, but it wasn't mentioned if the children were present. Did those children witness this? How horrific.

From what has been posted on this thread, IINM, Amanda Hayes took all three children in a bedroom in the apt. so the 2 boys wouldn't see their mommy in the apt, thus sparing them from seeing the actual killing of their mommy.

Let's hope that is true. Someone else may have some more or better info on this....

As far as we know, Chelly.:seeya:

We'll be checking on it, but I've seen nothing in the local news to indicate that it's been delayed. (I hope I haven't just jinxed it to be put on delay!!!)

See y'all there!!

Hi:seeya: to nymeria!

As far as we know, Chelly.:seeya:

We'll be checking on it, but I've seen nothing in the local news to indicate that it's been delayed. (I hope I haven't just jinxed it to be put on delay!!!)

See y'all there!!

Hi:seeya: to nymeria!

Hi :seeya: Borndem! Good to "see" ya!

Looking forward to Ms. Hayes going down just like hubby did.
First time I have looked forward to January in a loooonnnngggg time!
Hope everyone who followed GH's trial will be around again for Amandas.

Kind of missing trials since McNeills ended, but since this is the hectic season it is probably for the best nothing is really going right now. Trying to fit in Holiday prep and daily trial watch could get a little tense :scared:

Partial post by Nymeria:

Kind of missing trials since McNeills ended, but since this is the hectic season it is probably for the best nothing is really going right now. Trying to fit in Holiday prep and daily trial watch could get a little tense :scared:

Yes, I'm ready for another trial, too, Nymeria! I have watched a couple of planning sessions headed by the Chief Resident Superior Court Judge with the DT and the PT attorneys as they plan the next quarter for upcoming trials. I saw one where December was in that particular quarter of the year, and they knew better than to start anything that might run into 2 weeks or more. Their own vacations and the expected juror vacations were just too much, so they just kinda skipped December for nearly anything that would be tried in Superior Court. But January will be here before we know it, Nymeria. And I'm expecting a lot of our usual gang to be there!!
icon10.gif
icon6.gif

Thanks, very interesting.

I wonder what possibly could have been found in that truck that would aid in a defense for her THAT much?

Can't wait to find out!

Same here, Nymeria -- HiYa, BTW -- :seeya: -- And what would the investigators have overlooked? That's a verrrrry interesting ponderment (!). I guess we'll have to wait until sometime in January to see what it is....

I don't think we'll know any more about until we see/hear about it in the courtroom.

from the article:

Gaskins does not say in the motion what the evidence is but says it is "critical to the defendant's ability to properly and adequately defend herself at trial"

http://www.wral.com/defense-wants-critical-new-evidence-tested-in-raleigh-murder-case/13220841/

icon9.gif

Hi again Born :seeya:

Is it bad that I can not wait for the Holidays to be over so we can get on with some trials?!? :facepalm:

Back to ya, Nymeria -:seeya:- In this seeming desert of no-trials, no-trials, I got sucked into the JonBenet case -- again -- from years ago. And again, it's driving me kah-razy. But I need to just get over it -- the Perfect Murder. It's amazing what pure dumb luck and friends in high places, can do. I will have to stay on the good side of the law since I don't have either one of those "talents."

It remains to be seen how much pure dumb luck and a good defense lawyer will help Mrs. (or not) Hayes. Oh, I would love to see her take the stand -- I don't really know that much about her. Yes, we "met" her family when they took their little trip to Texas, but we weren't exposed that much to her. Mr. Hayes likes to be the only one on stage, IMO. She seemed like a bit of a ditz to me, and she seemed very much to be under his thrall as well as his thumb, but there are some WSer's who think she is evil and the brains of this thing.

I just dunno, and we may learn precious little more unless she takes the witness chair, in my opinion. Will they put her up there? If she's too ditzy, prolly not, and Gaskins is pretty smart -- he's got a "good" reputation for getting bad guys out of trouble, & I'll say again, for lotsa bucks. But you can do just so much in opening & closing statements...

Letz get this thing moving!

icon10.gif

Hi everyone, I am so so so ready for the trial, watched every second of the Grant Hayes trial. Am ready for anything, but not Christmas, even I know that is nutz. Adorable primal husband has appt. with urologist again on the 24th....re problems. Nothing is operable (is that a word ?) because he has been on Coumadin for 36 years, being 81 is not a help either.
So, life changing appt. on the 24th, holy crap, it helps that my primate is Jewish, have been floundering around for good news here, and that is it !
One last question....when in January do these 3 trials start.?
I wish I was Jewish, that is my Christmas wish, am stuffing that request in my spanx....that is hanging off the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52