GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be heading to this one and then on to Juan Martinez' next trial (Bryan Hulsey) scheduled to begin May 12th. Don't know if that one will be streamed but I'll post the tweets if it isn't. Jewels, will we be tweet-partnering? :)

Geevee, I don't know if I can handle another tweet trial. lol

I guess maybe since it is a couple of months though maybe I can get ready.

I heard the judge's directions to attorneys before they began opening statements. With that in mind, how on earth did Gaskins get away with inferring that we don't know how many women have disappeared from other places where GH was touring. I don't recall evidence suggesting he was a serial killer. Although I like judge Stephens, he has been very lenient with the DT throughout this trial.

Yes, and Gaskins took many liberties during closing statement. I couldn't believe there were no objections. What was that about? I thought he was just making stuff up.

Geevee, I don't know if I can handle another tweet trial. lol

I guess maybe since it is a couple of months though maybe I can get ready.

Yeah, we'll have to limber up our fast-track copy/paste skills before that one gets started. lol

The Aboroa trial will be streamed by WRAL (again).

No one has to follow or read Tweets unless they want to; they won't show up here unless someone manually posts them. Twitter is a communication platform, just like Facebook is a communication platform. The masses use those platforms to communicate with a variety of people.

The Aboroa trial will be streamed by WRAL (again).

No one has to follow or read Tweets unless they want to; they won't show up here unless someone manually posts them. Twitter is a communication platform, just like Facebook is a communication platform. The masses use those platforms to communicate with a variety of people.

Thanks Madeleine, I figured the Abaroa retrial would be live streamed since wral does such a good job keeping the public included. Some other regions aren't as successful at it though and Jewels and I have posted tweets of a couple trials that weren't live streamed (or began as streamed but then left the trial watchers suddenly in the lurch) so we've teamed up to post the tweets so watchers are clued in and can follow the trial. :)

What trial are we going to next? I am already having withdrawals!

Bob Bashara in March - on trial for killing wife Jane in Michigan. It's got all the key elements for trial followers :blushing: and threads from the beginning on WS. Darkman has done a great job over time keeping up with the case on the threads.

Jury begins deliberating in Raleigh murder trial of Amanda Hayes

Updated at 11:15 PM today - 2/17/14

WTVD - Raleigh, NC

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The jury in the Raleigh murder trial of Amanda Hayes began deliberating Monday afternoon. The jury got the case after lawyers on both sides made their closing arguments.

Snipped:

But in his response, Wake County prosecutor Boz Zellinger called some of the defense assertions "ridiculous" and said many had no basis in fact.

Zellinger said Amanda was a willing participant in getting rid of Ackerson's body - pointing to surveillance pictures that show her dumping acid containers that Grant purchased to try to dissolve the body.

Zellinger also showed the jury pictures that Grant and Amanda took of themselves on the tip home from Texas that show them laughing and smiling. He asked how she could have been so afraid of Grant, but still take such photos.

Read more and view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9434788

Interesting video report by Amanda Lamb, WRAL reporter.
~~~~~

Amanda Hayes defense 'so ridiculous,' says prosecutor

Posted 5:00 a.m. today - 2/17/14
Updated 8:20 p.m. today - 2/17/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

hayes-640x360.jpg

Raleigh, N.C. — What Wake County prosecutors and defense attorneys for Amanda Hayes both agree on is that her husband, Grant Hayes, committed a heinous crime when he killed Laura Ackerson – his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his two young sons – nearly three years ago.

What they disagree on is the role Amanda Hayes – on trial for first-degree murder and accessory after the fact to murder – played.

Snipped:

The jury deliberated for about 75 minutes Monday afternoon, asking for a diagram of the Hayeses' third-floor apartment and inquiring about the definition of "acting in concert" as it applies to a requirement for a first-degree murder conviction.

Jurors have six verdicts they can consider.

On the charge of murder, they can consider guilty verdicts of first-degree or second-degree murder, as well as not guilty.

If the jury finds Amanda Hayes not guilty of murder, it must then consider accessory after the fact to murder in both the first- and second-degrees or not guilty.

Jury deliberations resume at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Read more, view video, & view "live" updates (at bottom of article):

http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-defense-so-ridiculous-says-prosecutor/13400869/

Jurors begin deliberations in Amanda Hayes murder trial

amanda-hayes.jpg

Amanda Hayes

By Wes Wolfe / Staff Writer
Kinston Free Press - Kinston, NC

Published: Monday, February 17, 2014 at 19:24 PM.

RALEIGH – The guilt or innocence of Amanda Perry Hayes concerning the homicide of former Kinston resident Laura Jean Ackerson is now in the hands of the jurors.

Hayes – wife of Grant Ruffin Hayes III, a Kinston native who was convicted of Ackerson’s first-degree murder in September – stands charged of first-degree murder and accessory after the fact in Ackerson’s death.

Read more:

http://www.kinston.com/news/local/jurors-begin-deliberations-in-amanda-hayes-murder-trial-1.279167

I got home later last night than I had anticipated. I was only able to watch Part 1 of Gaskins closing and didn't want to invest my time in watching Part 2. How pitiful,,,,, and this man has been an attorney for a long time.
I woke this morning at 6 and immediately watched Boz and Becky's closings. When Becky finished I just wanted to give her a huge hug for doing such an outstanding job of tying it all together. Boz was terrific as usual, but more scientific. Becky was more humanitarian and soft--and by using the facts-- brought it all home that Amanda H. is just as mean and cruel, lying, deceitful, and selfish as Grant H. is. I really, really think Becky did a bang up job with her closing and I hope my sentiments also ring true with those of the jurors'.
Good morning everybody! I hope we have a verdict this morning!!

Good Morning WS Friends.
Verdict Day, I think.

Good morning! Boz and Becky hit a home run yesterday. Now, I hope the jury can figure out the jury instructions. If yesterday's answers helped them understand acting in concert, they are good to go.

Waiting patiently.

'Morning everyone, hope you're right Chelly.

Mornin' Peeps! :coffeews:

Hoping for a verdict today!

There is a DP murder trial starting today. KXAN will stream it live, which is unusual here in TX. It was a huge story when it happened. This dude was drunk in a Wal-Mart. He shot a cop in the neck. He deserves the DP IMO!

Officer Padron’s accused killer to stand trial Tuesday

http://kxan.com/2014/02/17/officer-padrons-accused-killer-to-stand-trial-tuesday/

For those that are going to follow the Bob Bashara trial (supposed to start soon on March 3rd) here is the thread at websleuths, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180306 and here is what is happening NOW JUST THIS MORNING with him in court asking for a new attorney. (for those who need to busy themselves waiting for Amanda verdict) here is the live link to live link LIVE HEARING NOW FOR BASHARA

ETA: Looks like it has been cancelled and they are removing equipment, but cannot find updates. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin