NC NC - Lumberton, WhtFem 15-20, UP1882, in cornfield near asphalt plant, Sz 6 sandals, clothes, Jun'78

Changes to NamUs UP # 1882

The following fields have been changed:
Dental : Tooth 27 changed from "n" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 28 changed from "a" to "A"

Dental : Tooth 29 changed from "n" to "N"

Dental : Comments changed from "Dental data is verified by radiographs and exam records which are available in the ImagesSection, along with the NCIC dental record and worksheet.. Dental age assessment from the development of the unerupted third molars is 16.5 to 18.5 years. Occlusal amalgam restorations on teeth #3, 14, 18, 19, and 30. The antemortem extractions left diastemata between teeth numbers #4 and 6, 11 and 13, 20 and 22, and 27 and 29. The extraction of #5,12,21 and 28 were to facilitate orthodontic treatment. Other teeth on radiographs and photographs appear missing postmortem, but postmortem examination records shows only teeth #4, 24, 25 as missing postmortem. RM Scanlon, DD NamUs RFO. " to "Dental data is verified by radiographs and exam records which are available in the ImagesSection, along with the NCIC dental record and worksheet. Dental age assessment from the development of the unerupted third molars is 16.5 to 18.5 years. Occlusal amalgam restorations on teeth #3, 14, 19, and 30 and 31. The antemortem extractions left diastemata between teeth numbers #4 and 6, 11 and 13, 20 and 22, and 27 and 29. The extraction of #5,12,21 and 28 were to facilitate orthodontic treatment. Coded from the postmortem radiographs and the photographs. FMX radiographs taken on 7/2013. RM Scanlon, DD NamUs RFO. "

Dental : Tooth 10 changed from "n" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 11 changed from "n" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 12 changed from "a" to "A"

Dental : Tooth 13 changed from "n" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 14 changed from "f" to "F"

Dental : Tooth 15 changed from "n" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 16 changed from "i" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 17 changed from "i" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 18 changed from "f" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 19 changed from "f" to "F"

Dental : Tooth 30 changed from "f" to "F"

Dental : Tooth 1 changed from "i" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 31 changed from "n" to "F"

Dental : Tooth 2 changed from "n" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 32 changed from "i" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 3 changed from "f" to "F"

Dental : Tooth 4 changed from "p" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 5 changed from "a" to "A"

Dental : Tooth 6 changed from "n" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 7 changed from "n" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 8 changed from "n" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 9 changed from "p" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 20 changed from "n" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 21 changed from "a" to "A"

Dental : Tooth 22 changed from "n" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 23 changed from "n" to "N"

Dental : Tooth 24 changed from "p" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 25 changed from "p" to "P"

Dental : Tooth 26 changed from "n" to "P"

Dental : Comments changed from "Dental data is verified by radiographs and exam records which are available in the ImagesSection, along with the NCIC dental record and worksheet. Dental age assessment from the development of the unerupted third molars is 16.5 to 18.5 years. Occlusal amalgam restorations on teeth #3, 14, 19, and 30 and 31. The antemortem extractions left diastemata between teeth numbers #4 and 6, 11 and 13, 20 and 22, and 27 and 29. The extraction of #5,12,21 and 28 were to facilitate orthodontic treatment. Coded from the postmortem radiographs and the photographs. FMX radiographs taken on 7/2013. RM Scanlon, DD NamUs RFO. " to "Dental data is verified by radiographs and exam records which are available in the ImagesSection, along with the NCIC dental record and worksheet. Dental age assessment from the development of the unerupted third molars is 16.5 to 18.5 years. Occlusal amalgam restorations on teeth #3, 14, 19, and 30 and 31. The antemortem extractions left diastemata between teeth numbers #4 and 6, 11 and 13, 20 and 22, and 27 and 29. The extraction of #5,12,21 and 28 were to facilitate orthodontic treatment. Coded from the postmortem radiographs and the photographs. FMX radiographs taken on 7/2013. RM Scanlon, DMD NamUs RFO. "

Last edited by a moderator:
I had not seen this before, I had been wishing for a long time that someone would do a recon of the 1978 Lumberton Jane Doe.

LumbertonJaneDoe.jpg

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1882

I decided to do a more lifelike facial reconstruction based on the dimensions shown in the CT-Scan, and the general description of her hairstyle.

c5683f30-eb66-4e31-81d1-629247ccdded.jpg

(Note that this facial reconstruction is based on the NCMEC reconstruction that was based only on a CT-Scan of her skull, and a general description of her hairstyle. Details such as her overall look,and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

Interesting that Delores Stanton was wearing a "multicolored poncho" and bluejeans when LKA. The Jane Doe was wearing what could have been described as a multicolored poncho (with short sleeves), and she was also wearing blue jeans.

It is also interesting that she also appears to have gaps in front between her upper lateral incisors and her canines (i.e., in front of her canines). The Jane Doe has gaps ("Diastema") her extracted first bicuspids were. (i.e., right behind her canines).

1705367798199.jpeg
Her height is about right also.

But there is a year and a half timeframe between Date LKA and discovery, compared to only a two-week estimated postmortem interval. Therefore, I doubt that this is Delores.

Interesting that Delores Stanton was wearing a "multicolored poncho" and bluejeans when LKA. The Jane Doe was wearing what could have been described as a multicolored poncho (with short sleeves), and she was also wearing blue jeans.

It is also interesting that she also appears to have gaps in front between her upper lateral incisors and her canines (i.e., in front of her canines). The Jane Doe has gaps ("Diastema") her extracted first bicuspids were. (i.e., right behind her canines).
1705367835075.jpegHer height is about right also.

But there is a year and a half timeframe between Date LKA and discovery, compared to only a two-week estimated postmortem interval. Therefore, I doubt that this is Delores.

Unless she was held somewhere. They both have DNA in NamUs

I came across Wendy Eaton, who went missing from PA on 05/17/1975 when she was 15. She isn't on any rule out lists. She had braces, but from what I've read, no one is sure if she had them on at the time of her disappearance or not. There is a 3 year gap between her missing and the discovery of this UID, however, her parents invested in a PI to check out religious cults because at the time of her disappearance, she had become very interested in religion and they thought she might have joined up with one. If she had, that could account for the time gap.
She has both dental and DNA in NamUs, so I'm sure she's a rule out, but sometimes, I wish we could get them to double check.

Wendy Eaton.jpeg

A couple of days ago, I revised what was basically just a colorization of the CT-Scan reconstruction put out by the NCMEC (for a 1984 pre-teen white female found in Bowling Green, KY). So in that vein, I decided to also do the same with this one to also give this young woman more of a life-like appearance. My previous recon was just a colorized NCMEC recon with her multi-colored short sleeved hoodie. Using the same structural points, I gave her more of a life-like look.

0518e0d2-54f9-4f6b-9bf5-bfa4847c9adf.jpg

(Note that this facial reconstruction is based on the NCMEC reconstruction that was based only on a CT-Scan of her skull, and a general description of her hairstyle. Details such as her overall look,and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

Current ruleouts as of 3 May 2016 (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Tammy Akers 1962 Virginia
Eva DeBruhl 1962 South Carolina
Trenny Gibson 1960 Tennessee
Katherine Lyon 1964 Maryland
Sheila Lyon 1962 Maryland
Judy Martins 1955 Ohio
Angela Rader 1962 Virginia

I thought I read some place she had a key to a hotel room in her pocket or as was that another JD?

Thank you, Carl, you're right. It was that case.
I had come across a John Doe found a year later that had items from the Ramada Inn in Lumberton and thought I remembered this UP had a key, but it was the wrong Jane Doe. The two were dressed for different seasons, so I'm thinking the cases are not related.

Bumping
Wish I had something to update.

I wish I had something to update as well. I take special interest in any NC cases, as I am a native and resident. But this one sticks out, she was so young and in my searching of missing persons from the period no girls seemed to match or stand out. She could be from anywhere, she was found very close to the U.S. 74/I-95 interchange. I'd guess she was from out of state since no reported her missing locally after she was found.

Current ruleouts as of 3 May 2016 (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Tammy Akers 1962 Virginia
Eva DeBruhl 1962 South Carolina
Trenny Gibson 1960 Tennessee
Katherine Lyon 1964 Maryland
Sheila Lyon 1962 Maryland
Judy Martins 1955 Ohio
Angela Rader 1962 Virginia

Amy Billig 1957 Florida and Doris Tetreault 1943 Massachusetts have been added.

Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York has been added to the rule out list.

Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York has been added to the rule out list.

Im so glad that they’re still ruling people out. Do you guys think DDP would be good for this case?

Some possible rule-outs not made yet:

1. Patricia Action, 25 year old from Pinellas Co., FL - went missing about a week before Doe was found in NC and disappeared under suspicious circumstances. Similar high forehead and brown-haired.
2. Mary Rodermund, 16 year old from St. Mary Co, LA who disappeared about four months before Doe was found in NC, again similar stats.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back