GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

From Huffington Post:

Richert said Summerfield dropped the children off at a family member's house before he allegedly went into hiding. The children, however, have been unable to assist police in the investigation.

"The 13-year-old is autistic and the 3-year-old is, well, 3 years old," Richert said. "The children were kept in the dark. [Summerfield] had told them, 'Mommy went for a walk and we'll see mommy when we get home.' They were kept in the dark and have not been a lot of help to us."

/snipped

"We have no crime yet," Richert said. "We have what was said to his brother ... but I don't have anything to go with it. Until we find him, find her, or they show up together and say, 'Ha ha, here we are,' we are just handling it as a missing person."

BBM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-missing-ohio-boyfriend-murder_n_1663169.html

This is so sad. I live in Richmond and have a family member with autism.

I would also consider that they could have traveled 64 west out of Richmond. It is an alternate to the route posted earlier on Mapquest. Almost the same amount of travel time. Lots of places to hide a body between OBX and Ohio.

We travel to the OBX quite a bit. It is quite populated during this time of year. But there are also vast stretches of dunes and brush. Also forest areas as well.

Praying they find her soon.

The picture of him on FB is a much "nicer" looking photo of him. I even hate to admit it, but I thought he was even a touch handsome in that picture.

Me too. But a lot of females find Joran Van Der Sloot attractive and he's a murderer too. I heard that serial killers are often attractive.

Me too. But a lot of females find Joran Van Der Sloot attractive and he's a murderer too. I heard that serial killers are often attractive.

Oh, I believe that even the handsome can be murders for sure. My point is that the picture that they keep using for him (with the crazy eye look) may not represent how he might look. I wouldn't recognize him from one picture to the next. I think that if they are on the lookout for him, the public needs another picture to compare. :moo:

Oh, I believe that even the handsome can be murders for sure. My point is that the picture that they keep using for him (with the crazy eye look) may not represent how he might look. I wouldn't recognize him from one picture to the next. I think that if they are on the lookout for him, the public needs another picture to compare. :moo:

Yeah I get what you're saying! Maybe they should use fb pics so public can recognize him :fence:

From Huffington Post:

Richert said Summerfield dropped the children off at a family member's house before he allegedly went into hiding. The children, however, have been unable to assist police in the investigation.

"The 13-year-old is autistic and the 3-year-old is, well, 3 years old," Richert said. "The children were kept in the dark. [Summerfield] had told them, 'Mommy went for a walk and we'll see mommy when we get home.' They were kept in the dark and have not been a lot of help to us."

/snipped

"We have no crime yet," Richert said. "We have what was said to his brother ... but I don't have anything to go with it. Until we find him, find her, or they show up together and say, 'Ha ha, here we are,' we are just handling it as a missing person."

BBM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-missing-ohio-boyfriend-murder_n_1663169.html

They have alot to go on ,as far as starting to build a case. Who is he fooling?

For those unfamiliar with crab hunting, it is a fun, usually kid, activity where you catch white crabs on the shore. It is usually done after dark, as the crabs don't come out until then. I would take this to mean that it was dark when he informed the kids that Mom was participating in this activity.

Here is our catch from our beach trip. Fyi... You just let them go after you are done.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341976978393.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341976978393.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 91
If I was in Cape Hatteras on the 3rd of july . I would want to attend this.

Good point. I also wondered if there could possibly have been fireworks on different nights as well? People just assume the 4th but we have them here in Richmond definitely on the 3rd as well and sometimes the 5th!

Good point. I also wondered if there could possibly have been fireworks on different nights as well? People just assume the 4th but we have them here in Richmond definitely on the 3rd as well and sometimes the 5th!

This ran through my head as well. We often have fireworks all through the week. Anyone local in Nags Head able to say when there were fireworks displays in the area ?

For those unfamiliar with crab hunting, it is a fun, usually kid, activity where you catch white crabs on the shore. It is usually done after dark, as the crabs don't come out until then. I would take this to mean that it was dark when he informed the kids that Mom was participating in this activity.

Here is our catch from our beach trip. Fyi... You just let them go after you are done.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

We were in Corrola OBX last week--same week. Funny thing about the ghost crabs was it was so dang hot they'd come out of their holes during they day and run for cover under our chairs! That is unheard of, you only used to see them at night. My heart is breaking for Lynn and her kids. Sadly I think she is no longer with us. I keep recounting our early Sunday drive to see if I recall anything, just can't...prayers

This ran through my head as well. We often have fireworks all through the week. Anyone local in Nags Head able to say when there were fireworks displays in the area ?

I was in Kill Devil Hills for the 4th a few years ago, and I seem to remember the fireworks being actually on the 4th. They had them there at Avalon Pier, and there were lots of people.

Looks like it's the same for most of OBX:

http://www.sunrealtync.com/blog-post/outer-banks-4th-of-july-celebrations-and-fireworks-displays

Richert said three detectives from the sheriff's office and three from the Ashland Police Department have been assigned to the investigation. On Sunday, they recovered Summerfield's and Jackenheimer's cellphones.

Summerfield's was found along the road on Mifflin Avenue. Richert declined to say where they found Jackenheimer's cellphone.

"We're waiting to access that and find out what's on it," he said.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20120711/NEWS01/207110309

Alex Taylor says she talked to Lynn at 11:27 on the night of July 3. She says she could hear the couple's son and Lynn's 13-year-old autistic daughter in the background.

According to Taylor, Jackenheimer agreed to the trip in an effort to reconcile the relationship. This despite the fact that three years ago Summerfield was convicted of domestic violence and Jackenheimer obtained a restraining order against him.

"I didn't hear in her voice that made me concerned. She didn't say anything that made me worry that something was wrong," said Taylor.

Taylor says she is reluctant to share further specifics about that conversation with anyone but investigators. She fears saying the wrong thing could jeopardize Lynn.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/251806/45/Search-intensifies-for-missing-Ashland-mother

Sorry I could not report back last night, I fell asleep but managed to wake up right as the story was airing on WVEC-TV. The only "new" information presented was that the police had both of their cell phone RECORDS. They did not mention finding her cell or anything belonging to her in the Hatteras/Nags head/Dare County Area. (Now I see in a previous post this morning they say they did find her phone but this was not reported last night).

One thing about him stopping in VA to stay. Now I would assume he left in the afternoon on Friday when he left the cottage in Salvo. My opinion is he was discarding the body somewhere along the way between that area and north through NC to the VA border. Once in VA, he would have most likely picked up interstate 264 and then onto I-64 to head to Richmond. I would be interested to know what time he checked into this hotel. I am willing to bet it was dark outside and that is why he stopped. The timeframe to me to get rid of the body would be in the late afternoon/evening hours. I would be searching from the Nags Head Area through to Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg and all areas leading to Richmond. It may have only been 4 hours into his 12 hour trip, however, depending on what he was doing in those hours, could have determined if it was too late to keep driving. JMO.

Outer Banks fireworks are on the 4th, and they are big celebrations. The land is pretty flat, so you can see the fireworks from a good distance. Salvo is about 40 miles to Manteo (where she posted the picture on the 3rd). With no traffic it is a 50 minute drive, and this time of year that drive can be longer- if they were up there on the 3rd they may have stayed down by Salvo for the fireworks. Like a previous poster mentioned, the drive up rt 12 from Hatteras/ Salvo to Nags Head has a lot of uninhabited area with beach on one side of the road and dunes/ brush on the other. Lots of places to hide a body. Both of the possible routes from the OBX to Richmond are very wooded and unpopulated. Quite a lot of places he would have had the opportunity to pull over quickly!

I agree there are so many areas that he could have stopped at along the route or in OBX itself.

Initially, I was thinking it would be early since most checkouts are before noon. However, if they checked in on Sunday, there is a good possibility that he was actually leaving early and could have left at anytime during that Friday towards home. So, knowing when he checked into the hotel/motel in Richmond along with when he actually let the Island, would be telling.

Also, as another posted, this time of year the beaches are crowded. Especially the 4th week. Its not a time of year when you can call a week earlier and get a place to stay. That week here at Emerald Isle books up by February. Its really difficult to find something unless there is a cancellation. So, there could be a dash of planning that went along with this. Especially since he was trying to get the daughter on a bus/plane to Ohio.

Idk...the possibilities are endless until a timeline is available with his arrival in Richmond and his departure from OBX. I would think, personal opinion, he would have had to arrive after dark, simply because he was attempting to dispose the body along the way, with the 13 yo in the car. I would think if he had the body in the trunk, the luggage would have to be stowed inside the car. Its not like he could just stop, dispose and get back on the road. He would have to wait until the 13 yo was asleep. I don't know the level of special needs in this case, buuut..she knows what her mother looks like and she probably would be able to say something.

I hope that Lynn is found soon. Very tragic story altogether.

Kelly

ETA: but it is very possible/probable it was spur of the moment in light of the telephone call that he *may* of heard between Lynn and the friend. Rage seems to be an issue for this guy. Or the week wasn't panning out to be one where they got back together again in the end...you just never know. Lets hope that Lynn is found soon.

I found this link last night but I for some reason thought it had been posted.

http://outerbanksvoice.com/2012/07/10/call-from-missing-woman-offered-no-hint-of-trouble/
Police in Ohio have found Summerfield’s cell phone and were seeking a search warrant Tuesday for its contents. They also have three surveillance photos of Summerfield’s grey Honda at an Ashland Bank at about 10 a.m. Sunday.

He was alone in the car.

The drive down 12 would be the most likey place with the brush there , I believe at night it might be empty. With it being the only route and it being a 2 lane road inbetween the ocean and the sound I wouldnt think it would be deserted the days in question . The height of their season.

I am wondering if he really moved her body and took it with him. He would have the kids in the car and it would create more questions. Remember that even Josh's kids said that mommy was in the trunk. It would certainly be more risky to take her with them - even though there is a larger area to hide her if he took her with them.

I think that this was a crime of passion and that likely she is close to where the crime was occurred. All IMHO of course.

If this is the case, then of course police better watch the area closely. He (NS) may very well return to the scene of the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back