Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crews enter fourth day in search for missing Onslow County girl

Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller asked that the public help with the search, urging anyone who has had contact with Mariah's family since Sunday to call his office. Anyone interested in leading a volunteer search can sign up to do so at a nearby fire station, officials said.

During a news conference on Wednesday afternoon, Miller said authorities have conduced more than 100 interviews, and have followed more than 140 leads in the search for Mariah. Miller also urged the public to search their yards and outbuildings.

"If you have a shed, a barn, a wooded area, go take a look," he said. "Call us immediately if you see something out of the ordinary."

Authorities have not said much about the investigation, but said they do not believe there is an ongoing threat to the general public.
"Any particulars about what we find, what we did not find, that is going to be close hold. We are not releasing it to the public at this point," Miller said. "We believe this is a focused incident at this point."

http://www.wral.com/dive-teams-assist-in-search-for-missing-onslow-county-girl/17149360/

Day 4. Please let today be the day they find Mariah. :please:

There have been so many rumors swirling around in this case that I think even though we know they are just rumors it can still cloud our thinking. Once you hear it you can't forget the information.

I also am taking what the BIO dad states with a grain of salt. Unless you read the court records you cannot really know what is true or not. Is he the one that made the CPS report? If the court awarded weekend visitation to him, that does not take lawyers and alot of money to enforce. Has he been paying his child support if required to do so? If you are trying to see your children would you not make sure the mother had a current phone number to contact you. Has he mailed birthday cards, has he gone to school events to see his children participate? The video interview of him is heartbreaking and I am sure he is very worried and heartbroken about Mariah but I am not ready to believe all the abuse allegations just yet. He should voice every one of his concerns to LE, but going to media throwing it out there is not gonna help find Mariah.

Hopefully there will be answers today on what has happened to this precious girl.

I am just reading some stuff on a blog. It's about statement analysis, and it's got me thinking...there are some things there we've already noted at a group, but there are some things they're talking about and I'm drawing some of my own conclusions as I'm reading. The thing is they're not linking to where the statements are.

The thing I'm particularly interested in is a quote of the mom talking about her last memory of Mariah and when she put her to bed....it could be on one of the videos but not transcripted in the 'print' articles?? Does anyone have any ideas where this might be found so it can be linked and discussed here? Thanks.

“My last memory of her was feeding her and putting her to bed,” Woods told local station Channel 12. “I told her I loved her and she loved me.”

http://people.com/crime/north-carolina-girl-missing-mariah-woods/

Yes, you just missed it. It happens sometimes. A mod came in later and stated they had determined that the source was not MSM and references and links had been removed.

Sometimes when I reload a page it skips past a few recent posts instead of starting where I left off, so I occasionally miss things.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you!

So that is what Amonet is referring to.

Sorry if I've confused you, I was just checking to make sure you weren't referring to the one I transcribed here.

:blushing: I was confused. I found the other statements on People.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/father-missing-n-c-3-222014613.html

[FONT=&amp]“My last memory of her was feeding her and putting her to bed,” Woods told [/FONT]local station Channel 12[FONT=&amp]. “I told her I loved her and she loved me.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

Some of this is my own thoughts, some of it's inspired from reading someone else's blog.

First of all "my last memory of her" -- Not "the last time I saw her" or similar, but a "last memory". Could this literally be the "last memory"?

"feeding her and putting her to bed" -- I'm wondering if something happened either at the time of feeding or between feeding and bed time? There's nothing there to indicate sitting down with Mariah to read a story, giving her a bath, whether Mariah was sleepy or didn't really want to sleep. There's nothing really indicating a live child at this point.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“I told her I loved her and she loved me.” -- well, aside from no indication that Mariah used words to say that she loved her mom, that could be bad grammar, which often gets worse when a person is upset. Combine this sentence with the last memory of putting her to bed and the description of 'my angel'. I think this could add up to a description of just after Mariah died....her body is laid on a bed and in the repose of death she looks like an angel, she has become an angel, and this is the last memory that can ever be had of Mariah.

I am thinking this all happened by 9pm, which fits in with the time a child would have had their supper and getting them ready for bed...maybe it's a bit late for a 3-yr old but every family is different, and I wouldn't belabor the time in that sense. The mom's last time of seeing Mariah would be around 9 or 11pm, and then for some reason she wants to tell us that her b/f is the last to actually 'see' Mariah, and at that time Mariah was only in the pink and white panties. The statements don't indicate that the b/f interacted with Mariah other than telling her to go back to bed. It could be a simple lack of detail for wanting to say the last time Mariah was seen alive. Or it could be that the bf is literally the last one to see Mariah.

And then again there's no detail of that interaction between Mariah and the bf where Mariah is really doing anything other than coming out (from where?) and then being told to go back to bed. I can imagine that happening in some families, but it's not described in very 'live' terms, and the only description of Mariah at this point is that she was wearing panties... Was she crying? Did she have a bad dream? Did she settle back down again okay? And what did bf do after he last saw Mariah wearing panties...did he go back to watch TV, did he go back to bed or what? Or does she not want to tell the news crew what he did after he last saw Mariah in her panties?

I don't know, but it seems suggestive. I'm not making accusations, although it might sound like I am. I am only saying that these are interesting things, and I think these are the type of things LE might be wanting to focus in on....the explanations for these things could be very important to Mariah's disappearance.[/FONT]

Hello and good morning. I have been a lurker for many years, well since the Maria Laueterbauch(sp) Case. Different stories brought me here over the years but was never compelled to register til now. This poor baby has pulled on so many heart strings and so much is off.

*delete if not allowed*

Ok so I woke up this morning and needed to place my thoughts somewhere. This is my opinion and speculation. I do believe LEO have spoken to the boys, and the timelines from BM are not coinciding with theirs and LE need another set of eyes to collaborate the boys accounts. That's why they are asking about Sun/Mon for someone to come forward. I have a sick feeling this baby was gone before Thanksgiving.

Is anyone tweeting live from m the scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been so many rumors swirling around in this case that I think even though we know they are just rumors it can still cloud our thinking. Once you hear it you can't forget the information.

I also am taking what the BIO dad states with a grain of salt. Unless you read the court records you cannot really know what is true or not. Is he the one that made the CPS report? If the court awarded weekend visitation to him, that does not take lawyers and alot of money to enforce. Has he been paying his child support if required to do so? If you are trying to see your children would you not make sure the mother had a current phone number to contact you. Has he mailed birthday cards, has he gone to school events to see his children participate? The video interview of him is heartbreaking and I am sure he is very worried and heartbroken about Mariah but I am not ready to believe all the abuse allegations just yet. He should voice every one of his concerns to LE, but going to media throwing it out there is not gonna help find Mariah.

Hopefully there will be answers today on what has happened to this precious girl.

In his and his girlfriends interview on the Ashleigh Banfield show last night he said he was working closely with the lead Detective. I'm pretty sure they have analyzed him inside and out.

I watch a lot of shows on ID and what's happening behind the scenes in these cases is really amazing. If we are thinking it THEY are doing it.

Remember the old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer. LE is holding all of them close.

And they know that avoiding the cameras makes them look guilty in the court of public opinion.

Whatever the mom does or doesn't do is being used against her in the court of public opinion. Some cases are like that, sometimes it's warranted and sometimes it's not. The Ammerman family were being castigated for leaving their door unlocked, drinking alcohol in the home, not appearing well-turned-out enough for the cameras, smoking a cigarette while on video. They were innocent of hurting baby Shaylynn(sp?).

[Bolded & underscored by me]

I, too, am bothered by the inconsistent/waffling in the timeline reporting, without any explanation. Initially (see Thread #1), all reports (which I would assume came from the mother who reported Mariah as missing) early on said that the boyfriend was the last to see Mariah -- when she awoke at midnight and he told Mariah to go back to bed. Then, later reports ceased any mention of this "sighting" by the boyfriend.

Do we know that the boyfriend ever made such a statement himself? If so, did the boyfriend later "recant" his previous statement about having seen her because it implicated him? Or was this reference otherwise retracted by the mother, after discussion between the two, for the same reason? Changing your story doesn't sit well with LE, as we all know. If that is what occurred, then this is very suspicious (IMO) and makes for the appearance of collusion. This makes LE wonder: What do they have to hide?

The 9-1-1 call would be very telling. I wish they would release it.

My personal opinion is that the mother was in bed, asleep, and the boyfriend had not yet gone to bed and was still up -- in the living area. Then, there was a visitor to the mobile home at around midnight, which caused Mariah to get up out of bed (to find out what was going on--as kids will do). The mother may have awakened and been aware that there was a visitor, and heard the exchange between the boyfriend and Mariah where he told Mariah to go back to bed. This is where her statement, that the boyfriend was the last to see Mariah, originated (IMO).

The mother may not have gotten out of bed at that time and then drifted back to sleep. That is the point after which Mariah "disappeared" (or was "abducted"). I'm with the bio dad who is not buying the abduction theory.

In my opinion, finding out if there was a visitor, and who it was, is the subject of investigation right now. This has to be the reason that LE is asking for information on anyone who interacted with the family around the time of Mariah's "disappearance."

If there was a visitor, nobody (who knows anything) is talking about it (including the visitor) -- for whatever reason. I mean who goes to visit someone at midnight after the family, with 3 kids and school the next day, has just returned from a Thanksgiving trip? What was it that was so important that it couldn't wait until the light of day?

All of this is pure speculation on my part.
BTW I totally agree with you. As far as who would come visiting that late at night? I'll venture a guess that drug dealers usually stay up all night to do their business and they do house calls. JMO

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help trying to find the "last memory" link!

I finally found it and spent ten minutes typing and have come back to see a few pages of everyone trying to help me find it!

Thank you :)

If she is under that trailer I will ball my eyes out!

If all of these abuse allegations were true, and validated by CPS when she was taken out of her home to live with her dad how in the world was she returned to her home in just one month's time? That makes no sense to me even for CPS.

I know CPS can be lax at times but if there was sexual abuse happening to Mariah there would be evidence of that for the doctor to see who surely examined her along with the physical abuse when she was removed from her home for a month.

And if it was happening surely CPS would make sure whoever was abusing her or enabling the abuser wouldn't be allowed to be around her.

Also if there was proof of sexual assault and physical abuse wouldn't CPS be obligated by law to contact LE so criminal charges could be filed against the perpetrator/s and all involved?

IMO

Right! I'm frustrated that I can't watch the interview with the bio dad. It contains so much information. The reporters need to start doing sidebar reports on how Mariah's case fell through the cracks. How hard did bio dad push to get permanent custody? Were the allegations proven to be false? That's the only conceivable way the children were still in the mother's home.

Her biological father Alex Woods told WCTI 12 Tuesday that he found out his daughter was missing when the Amber Alert was issued and he hasn’t seen her for about a year. He said he doesn’t believe his daughter was abducted. https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/30/missing-mariah-woods/

Wow he hasn't seen her in a whole year and he has anything at all to say. Really!

Hello and good morning. I have been a lurker for many years, well since the Maria Laueterbauch(sp) Case. Different stories brought me here over the years but was never compelled to register til now. This poor baby has pulled on so many heart strings and so much is off.

*delete if not allowed*

Ok so I woke up this morning and needed to place my thoughts somewhere. This is my opinion and speculation. I do believe LEO have spoken to the boys, and the timelines from BM are not coinciding with theirs and LE need another set of eyes to collaborate the boys accounts. That's why they are asking about Sun/Mon for someone to come forward. I have a sick feeling this baby was gone before Thanksgiving.

:welcome:

*delete if not allowed*

Excellent post, L-bug! Welcome to Websleuths. We're so glad you finally joined our ranks!

Her biological father Alex Woods told WCTI 12 Tuesday that he found out his daughter was missing when the Amber Alert was issued and he hasn’t seen her for about a year. He said he doesn’t believe his daughter was abducted. https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/30/missing-mariah-woods/

Wow he hasn't seen her in a whole year and he has anything at all to say. Really!
According to him, his ex wife has prevented him from seeing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members