Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I saw video somewhere buried in these threads and LE was under the home prior??

I'm trying to clear up the holiday details. Forgive me if this isn't allowed. I won't mention anything, but the reason it's unclear... is it because the only source for all that is social media?

There have been so many rumors swirling around in this case that I think even though we know they are just rumors it can still cloud our thinking. Once you hear it you can't forget the information.

I also am taking what the BIO dad states with a grain of salt. Unless you read the court records you cannot really know what is true or not. Is he the one that made the CPS report? If the court awarded weekend visitation to him, that does not take lawyers and alot of money to enforce. Has he been paying his child support if required to do so? If you are trying to see your children would you not make sure the mother had a current phone number to contact you. Has he mailed birthday cards, has he gone to school events to see his children participate? The video interview of him is heartbreaking and I am sure he is very worried and heartbroken about Mariah but I am not ready to believe all the abuse allegations just yet. He should voice every one of his concerns to LE, but going to media throwing it out there is not gonna help find Mariah.

Hopefully there will be answers today on what has happened to this precious girl.

I agree. I believe Alex Woods is innocent of the crime, but I'm cautious about what he said regarding physical, sexual and emotional abuse. Waiting for more info on that.

Those look like the mapping devices we use when surveying an archaeological site. It's a preliminary step to setting up for a dig.
Looking for ground that has been disturbed.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

What's that mean??? Oh under...I thought it said IN.

Well surely they have been under there a hundred times since this happened. Right????

I know I saw video somewhere buried in these threads and LE was under the home prior??

Not necessarily. We've only seen what's going on from a distance, not up close. Also, I'm wondering about specific search warrants. I'm sure LE had these when searching the general area, but maybe they needed a more detailed one, to avoid possible legal entanglements.

I have no idea if the bio dad was paying support or doing his best to see Mariah. I do know that custodial parents can do a lot to prevent authorized visitations, starting a fight when the visiting parent shows up, claiming the child is too ill to go out or simply not being home at the appointed time. Whatever the circumstances, bio dad doesn't seem to have a part in the disappearance of his daughter. All MOO.

I also am taking what the BIO dad states with a grain of salt. Unless you read the court records you cannot really know what is true or not. Is he the one that made the CPS report? If the court awarded weekend visitation to him, that does not take lawyers and alot of money to enforce. Has he been paying his child support if required to do so? If you are trying to see your children would you not make sure the mother had a current phone number to contact you. Has he mailed birthday cards, has he gone to school events to see his children participate? The video interview of him is heartbreaking and I am sure he is very worried and heartbroken about Mariah but I am not ready to believe all the abuse allegations just yet. He should voice every one of his concerns to LE, but going to media throwing it out there is not gonna help find Mariah.

Hopefully there will be answers today on what has happened to this precious girl.

Maybe I am wrong (and please feel free to correct me), but if mom was violating a cour ordered custody agreement than the father simply needed to contact the Onslow Co sheriff's department.

Visitation with father should have nothing to do with child support. Visitation is FOR the child's benefit and should never be withheld even if the father is behind on child support payments.

I would love for some one to confirm that the child were indeed removed from the mother's care for a period of time. Are we positive this is the truth?

I am not going to point fingers just yet. There are too many unknowns to this case. Children have been snatched in the night and children have perished at the hands of a family member.

I just hope today is the day that they find Mariah.

I'm pretty sure a judge would have signed on a search warrant on day one. Day four seems a bit late when all the kings horses and all the kings men have searched everywhere including a pond. MOO of course.

In the long interview posted earlier this morning the bio dad said he was paying child support and had consulted with attorneys and they wanted I think he said $6k or $7k up front and he didn't have that kind of money. He also said there are court records documenting what they have been going through.

If all of these abuse allegations were true, and validated by CPS when she was taken out of her home to live with her dad how in the world was she returned to her home in just one month's time? That makes no sense to me even for CPS.

I know CPS can be lax at times but if there was sexual abuse happening to Mariah there would be evidence of that for the doctor to see who surely examined her along with the physical abuse when she was removed from her home for a month.

And if it was happening surely CPS would make sure whoever was abusing her or enabling the abuser wouldn't be allowed to be around her.

Also if there was proof of sexual assault and physical abuse wouldn't CPS be obligated by law to contact LE so criminal charges could be filed against the perpetrator/s and all involved?

IMO

CPS being involved doesn’t rule anything out me for. Many systems around the nation have been proven to be broken, including CPS. I’m not saying that CPS in this instance is broken, but I wouldn’t be surprised if CPS was involved at some point and found probability, but nothing was done or could be done at that time. I say this because a young child was murdered where I live several years ago. CPS was involved and they had been at the home for a home visit the day he was murdered. The moms boyfriend was convicted and is living the rest of his life in prison for sexually, physically and brutally murdering this young boy. The bio dad had reported instances to CPS multiple times. The dad had medical records that indicated abuse and everything. IMO CPS being involved doesn’t mean something wasn’t going on. To me, it says there was probably something going on. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am really confused on this issue. It doesn't matter to me either way but I am confused because an administrator from this site posted a video from that site. Just trying to get specific clarification. I may have missed a post specific to newsinonslow?

I am the admin who provided a direct link to a that site after another member had posted a link to the page. It was my bad. I was under the impression it was a FB page for MSM local news station. When members were having a hard time finding something another member had referenced on that page I provided the direct link to the section in question.

I should NOT have done so because it turns out that FB page was NOT that of local MSM. Admin are human and fallible. Any confusion is completely my fault.

Maybe I am wrong (and please feel free to correct me), but if mom was violating a cour ordered custody agreement than the father simply needed to contact the Onslow Co sheriff's department.

Visitation with father should have nothing to do with child support. Visitation is FOR the child's benefit and should never be withheld even if the father is behind on child support payments.

I would love for some one to confirm that the child were indeed removed from the mother's care for a period of time. Are we positive this is the truth?

I am not going to point fingers just yet. There are too many unknowns to this case. Children have been snatched in the night and children have perished at the hands of a family member.

I 100% agree visitation should never be withheld based on child support. I was just trying to point out we don't know the facts of the custody situation and we have to take what he is putting out there about abuse and being prevented from seeing the children with caution.

While it would seem it should be that simple if visitations are not allowed, I have never known this to actually be the case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm trying to clear up the holiday details. Forgive me if this isn't allowed. I won't mention anything, but the reason it's unclear... is it because the only source for all that is social media?

Links must be mainstream media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member