NC NC - Matthew Stewart, 31, Mooresville, 9 Jun 2009

Another comment from the person quoted in Parmentier's post yesterday, in response to someone's question (do you know this stuff for a fact or is it speculation):

"Yes (raisin) I do know that for a fact. No one called Brenda. She SAID she had a bad feeling and got in her car and drove here. I wish these facts were not true, I really do. I wish this for Matt's family. However, they are true. There are people out there who dismiss these truths only because they don't want to believe it. I can't say that I blame them. If you are a realist, you will not sugarcoat things, especially something as serious as this. You are right, nothing will bring Matt back, but let's just pray that there is closure and the people responsible for this will SUFFER for what they did to my childhood friend."

(same news source as yesterday's link)

If she was laying in the bed and the child between them when she looks up to see a man standing over them.. how is it that she basically stands up and walks out with a baby in her arms but is unharmed except for the wound to her hand? There is no way that the shooter wouldnt have simply swung around and easily harmed her with more than a flesh wound to the hand.. at point blank range. And easily then swung around and continued to shoot the husband...not buying the i escaped with my baby but left my other child at the mercy of this perp.. not to mention her husband.
I think the GSR testing will reveal alot..

If she was laying in the bed and the child between them when she looks up to see a man standing over them.. how is it that she basically stands up and walks out with a baby in her arms but is unharmed except for the wound to her hand? There is no way that the shooter wouldnt have simply swung around and easily harmed her with more than a flesh wound to the hand.. at point blank range. And easily then swung around and continued to shoot the husband...not buying the i escaped with my baby but left my other child at the mercy of this perp.. not to mention her husband.
I think the GSR testing will reveal alot..

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if baby has any GSR. Also the fact that her mom was circling the neighborhood. Her mom did not ask police what was going on but police asked her why she was circling neighborhood. Strange.:confused::eek::waitasec:

It's possible that this was a hit on the husband for some reason - which would explain why the wife got away relatively unharmed, i.e. she wasn't the target.

Maybe it was even the wife's mother who did the hit, which explains why there was no sign of a break-in (assuming she had a key) and why she was in the area.

These are just left-field theories. It sounds more likely that the wife did it. Presumably she had been saying things to her mother which is what gave her mother a "bad feeling" (if those comments on that board are accurate, and not by some fantasist looking for their 15 minutes).

If the wife did it, we should expect to hear something about her running up debts that she hid from her husband. Or possibly a boyfriend. But debt usually seems to be the issue in these cases. If/when she is accused of it, her defence will be that he was abusing her, and everyone will believe it.

There was a new article in the Mooresville Tribune this morning about the shooting, but no new information. The police said that they're talking to people around the neighborhood and interviewing friends of the couple, but don't have any promising suspects. I still think they must suspect the wife of having involvement, or have SOME idea of who did it - otherwise I can't understand why the community and local police are so carefree and cavalier about the idea of a shooting suspect being on the loose.

Not to mention the mother driving 40 minutes in the middle of the night, not freaking out when she saw the emergency vehicles and police surrounding her families home.. ( sorry but that is just plain freaky) and that the wife is unable to provide any details as to the shooter other then its was a man... Sorry but the details of the perp would be indelibly etched in my memory forever.. just not buying the story as provided.. much more to this than is known now. But as others have said the police reassurance to the community is very telling..

Not to mention the mother driving 40 minutes in the middle of the night, not freaking out when she saw the emergency vehicles and police surrounding her families home.. ( sorry but that is just plain freaky) and that the wife is unable to provide any details as to the shooter other then its was a man... Sorry but the details of the perp would be indelibly etched in my memory forever.. just not buying the story as provided.. much more to this than is known now. But as others have said the police reassurance to the community is very telling..

Sounds to me like either Angels mother did it or Angel shot her husband then called her mother. Wonder if the husband was having an affair?

It is very suspicious about the mother driving the 40 minutes on just a bad feeling that something was wrong. Nope, not buying that one. Is she psychic or something?

Whatever the scenario turns out to be, it couldn't have been as Angel and her mother told it, IMO.

It is very suspicious about the mother driving the 40 minutes on just a bad feeling that something was wrong. Nope, not buying that one. Is she psychic or something?

quote]
ven so .. you woundn't travle 40 minutes at that hour of the night.. m ost people would call and say " hey I have this weird feeling.. and just wanted to check up on you.."

I'd be curious to know more details about that night before the murder - did Angel talk to her mom, were there any phone calls, did the family go about their regular routine, etc. The only way I'd be willing to maybe give the "bad feeling" middle of the night visit from Angel's mom a pass would be if Angel and her mom had had an upsetting conversation earlier that night, and maybe her mom couldn't rest easy and just had to check on things for herself. Even so, if you drove to your daughter's house and saw police chaos going on, why in the WORLD wouldn't you stop and demand to know what was going on rather than just circling the neighborhood until someone stopped you?

Matthew's being painted in the media to look like the ultimate family man; I've seen comments about how he was always at church, didn't drink or smoke, didn't ever use profanity, that kind of stuff. Which doesn't mean he's not capable of having an affair or being involved in sketchy activities, certainly, but seems to point away from that. His church is either holding a fundraiser for the family or just asking for donations for the family right now.

I'd be curious to know more details about that night before the murder - did Angel talk to her mom, were there any phone calls, did the family go about their regular routine, etc. The only way I'd be willing to maybe give the "bad feeling" middle of the night visit from Angel's mom a pass would be if Angel and her mom had had an upsetting conversation earlier that night, and maybe her mom couldn't rest easy and just had to check on things for herself. Even so, if you drove to your daughter's house and saw police chaos going on, why in the WORLD wouldn't you stop and demand to know what was going on rather than just circling the neighborhood until someone stopped you?

Matthew's being painted in the media to look like the ultimate family man; I've seen comments about how he was always at church, didn't drink or smoke, didn't ever use profanity, that kind of stuff. Which doesn't mean he's not capable of having an affair or being involved in sketchy activities, certainly, but seems to point away from that. His church is either holding a fundraiser for the family or just asking for donations for the family right now.

Maybe she is the one having the affair or wanting to cash in on some life insurance.

imo

I cant seem to find an news on this one.. anyone else hear anything?

The Gaffney killer occurred to me, but I didn't see that article this morning - thanks for posting it here!

I guess Burris wouldn't be too farfetched as a suspect; if I remember correctly from the articles I've read, he's been living in or near Dallas, NC, and that's not terribly far from Mooresville. On the other hand, I can see people (like the wife, although I hate to say it) jumping at the chance to point a finger and say, "Obviously it was him! It was HIM! I told you so!" He would easily be a convenient person to point a finger at.

I meant to say "Paging Ballin and Farese".

Okay, I've never heard this expression before. Does it mean you think the story is BS? That seems to be what it is saying to me. Am I right?

Thanks,

Salem

The Gaffney killer occurred to me, but I didn't see that article this morning - thanks for posting it here!

I guess Burris wouldn't be too farfetched as a suspect; if I remember correctly from the articles I've read, he's been living in or near Dallas, NC, and that's not terribly far from Mooresville. On the other hand, I can see people (like the wife, although I hate to say it) jumping at the chance to point a finger and say, "Obviously it was him! It was HIM! I told you so!" He would easily be a convenient person to point a finger at.

But wasn't the Gaffney killer's MO robbery?

Salem

The Gaffney killer took some items from his victims, but left money and other valuables. I don't think they have released yet what kind of items. It just seems weird to me that he would pick this one random house out of a subdivision to come in and shoot someone. I don't think they will find a connection, but I hope I am wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back