NC - McKenzie Sessoms, 11, murdered, Salemburg, 6 Sept 2013 *suspect in custody*

Salemburg is a small town & 521 Hairr Lane is a rural setting a couple miles from town.
Hoping her killer is identified soon.

I noticed that the sex offender's tattoos match some names in McKenzie's obituary.

Yes, interesting, noZme -- it's good that your eagle eyes were there! Thanks -- might not be lookin' too gud, huh?
icon8.gif

I noticed the names of tattoo and obit, too. Why wasn't she living with her mother, the first article said she lived with basically 3 men- her dad and 2 adult brothers. Noticed mom has a different last name. Also, thought really hard and I can't think of one single person I have ever met with that last name. So, the fact that the RSO has the same last name and lives in the same little itty bitty town tells me there is most likely a familial connection, even if distant. And from my experiences in little rural towns, everyone knows something about everyone else, or knows someone who does. My first thought when I saw this awful story was one I may not want to describe, but suffice it to say that most crimes like this are committed by someone the victim knows, IIRC. I got the creepy feeling.
I hope she didn't suffer and that the truth comes out very quickly. The Pentecostal church her funeral is with will hopefully be getting the prayers going and the Spirit of truth moving in those working on this case :)

I noticed the names of tattoo and obit, too. Why wasn't she living with her mother, the first article said she lived with basically 3 men- her dad and 2 adult brothers. Noticed mom has a different last name. Also, thought really hard and I can't think of one single person I have ever met with that last name. So, the fact that the RSO has the same last name and lives in the same little itty bitty town tells me there is most likely a familial connection, even if distant. And from my experiences in little rural towns, everyone knows something about everyone else, or knows someone who does. My first thought when I saw this awful story was one I may not want to describe, but suffice it to say that most crimes like this are committed by someone the victim knows, IIRC. I got the creepy feeling.
I hope she didn't suffer and that the truth comes out very quickly. The Pentecostal church her funeral is with will hopefully be getting the prayers going and the Spirit of truth moving in those working on this case :)

Hi, Sunshine :seeya:

I started to say in an earlier post that McKenzie's last name is familiar to me -- I have known that name since I can remember. Like so many names in the southern states, the Sessoms name originated in Britain -- apparently originally in Gloucestershire -- then Scotland, Ireland and America. So it's not an unusual or rare name in NC, SC, etc., etc., and there are a lot of variations -- Siston, Sissons, Session and so forth.

And as you said in closing, yes, let's hope that the spirit of truth will be roused with the folks who loved her here and that a host of helpers above will stand for truth for her here as well.
icon7.gif

Rest, little Mckenzie.

Keep in mind that the local examiner will usually rule a death as a homicide if there is no apparent natural cause of the death. That gives LE probable cause to investigate. It does not mean that the cause was not natural or accidental however.

We would need to wait until the full autopsy is done.

I am pretty sure the death would have been ruled undetermined if there was no apparent cause of death, not homicide.

There is actually another family with almost all the same names, also living in North Carolina.
They are black but the names all match. Had me confused for a bit! :seeya:

I don't know many men who would tattoo another man's name on themselves either. That's odd. :twocents:

The tattoos listed on the RSO file state RAYANN and LEE. Dont know if I am allowed to say this (sorry if I am breaking the rules) but the sister (listed in the obit) refers to herself as Ann on facebook. To me, I think there is a little typo on the RSO file, and that it should read Ray, Ann and Lee. Now why would you have someone elses kids names tattooed onto you? Surely this guy must be very connected to the family to have all those names tattooed on him.

Ok, here is my deduction- 3 much older children (all adults, one at least married), one much younger daughter. I am thinking that the three older, adult siblings have one father. If he is who I am leaning towards, then it would make sense for him to have his own childrens names tattooed on his body. Mum much later has a relationship with a relative of her ex. I am finding much on line to support this, but nothing I can post to yet from MSM.

:rose: Justice for little 11-yr old McKenzie :rose:

Salemburg is a small town & 521 Hairr Lane is a rural setting a couple miles from town. Hoping her killer is identified soon.
I noticed that the sex offender's tattoos match some names in McKenzie's obituary.

The RSO's tattoo descriptions contains first name(s) of people mentioned in the obit. With the last name matching, it is possibly a link. Time will tell.

Thank you both for noticing the tattoo description. I apologize that I did not. I would certainly agree that the RSO could be related to the family. One of McKenzie's brothers is named "Lee," according to her obituary.

After McKenzie's death, the RSO must have had a visit from LE as I noticed on the report shown in the link below that the date of 9-13-2013 is shown as the last address verified date.

http://sexoffender.ncdoj.gov/details.aspx?SRN=003790S6

Wow!, you all are amazing.Thank's borndem for the welcome.Mckenzie's picture is haunting and I pray her sweet face haunts whomever took her life.

Ok, here is my deduction- 3 much older children (all adults, one at least married), one much younger daughter. I am thinking that the three older, adult siblings have one father. If he is who I am leaning towards, then it would make sense for him to have his own childrens names tattooed on his body. Mum much later has a relationship with a relative of her ex. I am finding much on line to support this, but nothing I can post to yet from MSM.

Okay, so the RSO would be the father of the 11 year old's half siblings?
And the 11 year old's father would be related to the half sibling's father?
Correct? Because that would definitely be a connection...

Okay, so the RSO would be the father of the 11 year old's half siblings?
And the 11 year old's father would be related to the half sibling's father?
Correct? Because that would definitely be a connection...

That is how it seems. I can find lots on social media to indicate what the actual relationships are, but no MSM links to be able to share. Sorry if I have said too much- fairly new here.

Good work, Mel!! :seeya:

Families & family ties & in-laws and children's in-laws and on & on & on can be quite a web of stuff. And there's always the crazy aunt or uncle and that closet with the skeleton...

Keep in touch -- it may tell the tale.
---------------
Peace to McKenzie and those who really loved her. She is happy now, in a new world with no fear, and I hope her murderer cannot sleep a wink at night.

That is how it seems. I can find lots on social media to indicate what the actual relationships are, but no MSM links to be able to share. Sorry if I have said too much- fairly new here.

:Welcome1:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

:drumroll:Mel !!!:drumroll:
:party::party:

We're glad you're here!!

After browsing the social media, I'm just confused! It seems like an area with a gazillion Sessoms along with a few other frequent family names.

I never heard about this when it happened. Did anyone hear about it at the beginning? Do ya'll think the house was processed as a potential crime scene? I sure hope so!

This is not right- mum is not the mother of the older siblings. only McKenzie and the other brother named in the obit. Going round in circles- everything matches in one way and then bang, it doesnt. It seems McKenzie had a very complex, and very loving family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back