NC - McKenzie Sessoms, 11, murdered, Salemburg, 6 Sept 2013 *suspect in custody*

Nothing new??? Arrests?

I haven't seen anything new in MSM -- just looked around -- nada.

I do wonder what connection GWS has to the family, if any, and why he has been incarcerated in the DPS/DOC of NC (not a county jail).

I haven't seen anything new in MSM -- just looked around -- nada.

I do wonder what connection GWS has to the family, if any, and why he has been incarcerated in the DPS/DOC of NC (not a county jail).

Pray tell, where is DPS/DOC of NC? Is he definitely locked up? TIA!

Or more specifically, here:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Please notice the phrase we seldom see:

Current incarceration record is unavailable at this time.

Which means that he is somewhere in the state DPS/DOC system.

ETA: We saw this same notation when Jason Williford was arrested for the rape/murder of Kathy Taft and he was moved from Wake Co. jail to Central Prison -- IIRC, he needed medication so he was transferred to Central since they were set up to handle that type medical situation.

I am pretty sure the death would have been ruled undetermined if there was no apparent cause of death, not homicide.

it would. it would only be labeled as a homicide if the ME was positive it was actually a homicide. this girl was murdered. by who is the question

Or more specifically, here:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Please notice the phrase we seldom see:

Current incarceration record is unavailable at this time.

Which means that he is somewhere in the state DPS/DOC system.

ETA: We saw this same notation when Jason Williford was arrested for the rape/murder of Kathy Taft and he was moved from Wake Co. jail to Central Prison -- IIRC, he needed medication so he was transferred to Central since they were set up to handle that type medical situation.

Sorry, I'm still confused! Do the words "current incarceration record...unavailable at this time" mean for sure that he is currently incarcerated? I took it to mean that his incarceration record (details of when/where he has been locked up) is (currently) not available.

Why is it assumed he's locked up right now? Because of that wording? I see his last conviction as 2012, for which he received community svc if I am reading it correctly.

Hope I'm being clear.

His address of record (GWS) is his parents' place, as far as I can tell - the owner has the same last name and is also named as the victim's grandparents in the obit. Looks like a mobile home with some out building/sheds on a small tract of rural farm land. It's also less than 2 miles from McKenzie's home. Her (father's) home looks to be also a modular-type place with trucks parked all over at the end of a cul-de-sac, closed off by metal swing-gates. Maybe the father and GWS are brothers (or fraternal cousins)? The relationships are quite confusing.

Sorry, I'm still confused! Do the words "current incarceration record...unavailable at this time" mean for sure that he is currently incarcerated? I took it to mean that his incarceration record (details of when/where he has been locked up) is (currently) not available.

Why is it assumed he's locked up right now? Because of that wording? I see his last conviction as 2012, for which he received community svc if I am reading it correctly.

Hope I'm being clear.

His address of record (GWS) is his parents' place, as far as I can tell. Looks like a mobile home with some out building/sheds on a small tract of rural farm land. It's also less than 2 miles from McKenzie's home. Her (father's) home looks to be also a modular-type place with trucks parked all over at the end of a cul-de-sac, closed off by metal swing-gates. Maybe the father and GWS are fraternal cousins?

I've noticed the same thing with that site. I think maybe it's when they are waiting for court? Not sure but I've checked for people I knew were in jail waiting for trial and it would say that. Then, when they were given sentence and moved to a permanent facility (or put on probation or whatever), it updated with current location and charges.

Well isn't that a great rap sheet!!! One indecent anything with a child should have you incarcerated forever!!! He has three!!! This really annoys me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I haven't heard a peep about this....has anyone?

I have a feeling that the guy who has been speculated about here on WS (the sex offender), has nothing to do with it. JMO.

I wish LE would say something. Anything. The only tidbits I could glean from reports were that the child had recently moved to live with her father (interesting) and she was a new student at her school (I assume because of the move to her father's). And the ME said it did not appear to be natural or accidental. Meaning that her death was on purpose, intentional.

Who would do this to a child?!

I haven't heard a peep about this....has anyone?

I have a feeling that the guy who has been speculated about here on WS (the sex offender), has nothing to do with it. JMO.

I wish LE would say something. Anything. The only tidbits I could glean from reports were that the child had recently moved to live with her father (interesting) and she was a new student at her school (I assume because of the move to her father's). And the ME said it did not appear to be natural or accidental. Meaning that her death was on purpose, intentional.

Who would do this to a child?!

Who, indeed, Boodles? Makes me <shiver> and grrrrrr at the same time. She apparently was just settling into that house with her dad & her brothers -- a new-to-her room & bed & living room, bathroom, yard, etc., etc., and a new school. A new school can be quite a struggle -- kids already have their little groups, and it's hard to just go & sit down with a group of kids in the lunch room & to find a group to hang out with in the mornings at school, and after school, etc., etc.

And then this. Did someone start with a sexual assault & strangle her to silence her, not meaning to kill her? Someone known to her or a stranger?

Is LE at a blank loss in finding a possible attacker, or are they very close to an arrest? Fingerprints? Hair? Blood? DNA left on her or on her bedclothes? Was it sexually motivated??

It's a small town -- people have got to be talking about it. Everyone knows everyone. People talk. LE is, I hope, listening. Is the SBI involved?

We surely don't know much here. Why? I hope they've got some good, experienced investigators...

The lack of information on this case is maddening

I try to check this thread often to get an update on this angel. So sad to see there has been no news at all.

I cannot believe there is not more coverage of this child's murder. What the heck?

I cannot believe there is not more coverage of this child's murder. What the heck?

I know! An 11 year old is murdered, and it barely makes the paper! WTH?!

I found another sex offender, (not the one with the same surname as the victim) registered as living on the same road! His data was last verified on October 3, 2013. She was killed September 6, and the ME ruled it homicide September 20th.

I keep wondering why she had just (allegedly) moved to her father's house. One reporter said she was a new student at her school, as she had just recently moved to her father's.

I suspect that LE has a strong suspicion of who did it (at least I hope so!). And the more I think about it, would someone come into that place in the night to kill her with 3 grown men in living in the same house (according to the media reports - don't know if that's really true)?? And Google the address. It's at the end of a road. Someone driving up to the place in the night would have to have been pretty ballsy!

And then this. Did someone start with a sexual assault & strangle her to silence her, not meaning to kill her? Someone known to her or a stranger?

bordem, the ME said it wasn't an accident. I was thinking along the same lines until I read his statement. Not an accident, to my mind, means intentional. God knows how someone could intentionally kill a little girl!!

Earlier this week Medical Examiner Dr. Carl Barr said that the child&#8217;s death was not a natural one nor accidental in his opinion.

&#8220;It&#8217;s a homicide,&#8221; Barr said. &#8220;There&#8217;s no doubt in my mind about that.&#8221;
. http://clintonnc.com/news/home_top-news/2514868/Childs-death-now-ruled-homicide

Mmm!,"Rowdy Gathering",wonder what that means? Party,fight?

I could just SCREAM!!!!!!

"Rowdy gathering" means DRUNKEN PARTYGOERS. Those [modsnip] left her unprotected from a bunch of drunk men!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back