GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be way off but after watching JVM they were talking about both arrests etc. Then I thought about the pictures from 2009 and 2010 with Nick in them, at the bars that Pointdexter/dead beat dad/drunk driver owns, him possibly paying him under the table to be a bouncer etc..

I just pictured Nick telling her at the end of the night some story about meeting up with Pointdexter or something and maybe him driving to take her home. Then she texts her friend and says, "A Man is taking me home". because she doesn't know who he is. I don't know.. just thinking about the possible scenario of Pointdexter meeting up with Nick when it's time to "take Kelli home" and they have some sort of sick plan. It may be far off, but it would not surprise me. The cops kept going through that other SUV at froggy's.

Interesting . Like Nick sold Kelli or lead Kelli to him?
I hope they search the other place now. I was very interested in the pics you found then and I wonder if Kelli had been to the other place as well.
I think you should call the pictures to LE. Just in case they do believe Nick has only known to SC for a few months.

Where did you read that Pointdexter is the person that said he was back in 10 minutes? I only read this statement

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-missing-soldier-search-kelli-bordeaux-20120419,0,7046345.story

The sentence before that is as if they heard this from the owner of the bar. That many witnesses told him this.

The Froggy Bottoms owner said Holbert lived in a tent behind the bar. Many witnesses saw the man leave the bar with Boredeaux the night she disappeared but he returned in "less than 10 minutes."

Then the other day when we asked VOH if this was really true, he said the Pointdexter was not there.

Interesting . Like Nick sold Kelli or lead Kelli to him?
I hope they search the other place now. I was very interested in the pics you found then and I wonder if Kelli had been to the other place as well.
I think you should call the pictures to LE. Just in case they do believe Nick has only known to SC for a few months.

I didn't find the pictures. Someone else that was doing their homework did.:fence: I was wondering if maybe this could be something both Nick and Pointdexter have done together or individually. It's just speculation. I am not stating facts. But I will say that after hearing the track record of the bar owner, he has been under my radar. All those rapes on Ramsey street. Although it may be nothing. JMO

Thanks Madeleine74 for your response on Pings.

So in essense, LE could obtain cell records (with subpoena) and based on the ping history for the time period - could determine where each person (key player in this case) was during the time (if they had their cell with them).

LOL. You'll come to be less amazed over time and be shocked if the media actually gets something totally correct!

People parse and dissect the media's words and articles as if the media has great and secret insight into cases when at best they are paraphrasing things they heard and maybe throw in a couple quotes. But they can and do get quotes wrong too. The details matter and they get a lot wrong...especially the national media and shows like JVM and NG.

In fact, people who follow trials only by reading media articles miss a good 80% of what really occurs in the case. When in doubt always use a legal transcript or a legal document as the source of information since that's what the courts use, along with testimony.

Are police records ever made public after a case is tried?
The first case I followed was Caylee's case out of Florida where they have the Sunshine Laws. Still. But is there anywhere a citizen can read about old cases from LE's perspective? Or, are those treated as trade secrets?

If Mike was once in the army, I doubt he is any longer with his drug convictions in Osceola County. That doesn't fly in the military.

Was he a teenager? Not sure if teenage drug charges, depending on what they are, keep you out.

Kelli's brother clearly stated, during a presser, that Mike was not in the armed forces. He said that they have military service in their family history though.

If Mike was once in the army, I doubt he is any longer with his drug convictions in Osceola County. That doesn't fly in the military.

I guess most of his convictions were prior to when he was enlisting age. The army is the most lenient of the branches, but due to his cocaine possession (and another drug conviction) he would have needed a waiver to enlist. Assuming it was felony.

I know that no one commented on this because we aren't suppose to sleuth members of the victims family, but I found this the other day and was VERY surprised.

I'm sorry. I guess I am new, should I remove my posts or can I get them removed? Not here to break rules.

The sentence before that is as if they heard this from the owner of the bar. That many witnesses told him this.

The Froggy Bottoms owner said Holbert lived in a tent behind the bar. Many witnesses saw the man leave the bar with Boredeaux the night she disappeared but he returned in "less than 10 minutes."

Then the other day when we asked VOH if this was really true, he said the Pointdexter was not there.

I guess I was answering your question, why did Pointdexter tell LE NH was "back in 10 minutes" if he wasn't there.

First, that statement doesn't read that the owner said that the witnesses saw NH leave and return, it just makes the statement.

If he did tell that to LE, he did so because that is what witness statements he had. I read that statement multiple witnesses stated NH was back at the bar within 10 minutes. There are obviously people who can refute that if it is a lie on Pointdexter's part, so I believe that is what he was told. I am sure LE has spoken to the people in the bar by now and they know who made these statements.

MOO, but I haven't seen a LE quote that NH is a person of interest in this case, just that he is a person with information. He did a despicable thing and is, IMO, a despicable person, but there is no proof he is involved in KB's disappearance.

Thanks Madeleine74 for your response on Pings.

So in essense, LE could obtain cell records (with subpoena) and based on the ping history for the time period - could determine where each person (key player in this case) was during the time (if they had their cell with them).

You're welcome!

Yes, that's how they do it. They get the call log reports which show a bunch of information including the tower that the phone was connected to and the time it connected. Any calls or data usage are logged, along with the phone number. Incoming/outgoing calls are differentiated, along with connect times, seizure times (time it takes for a cell phone to connect to the tower after dialing) and a bunch of other data. It can be pretty tedious stuff.

Bottomline: the cell phone itself is not needed in order to get this information from the cell provider. Now the content of text messages (i.e. what was said) may not be available but the activity of cell phone usage will be available.

I'm sorry. I guess I am new, should I remove my posts or can I get them removed? Not here to break rules.
You can delete your own posts within a time period (2 hours? not sure).

Otherwise you can "report a post" (even your own) by clicking on the red/white icon at the upper rite of each post and typing in your concern/request.

Or PM a mod.

:)

Mods love it when we self-correct. ;)

That said, I don't know if any of your posts broke any WS rules or not.

Let's get off the subject of Mike - he's not in the Army.
Who started that one? The 'anonymous' Army spokesperson. Ignore that guy.
Disobeying above - yikes!
Lightbulb - Maybe _____ problems with drugs (not saying he still has them) is what was coming between them. That would explain why the info and relationship is so 'complicated'.

Are police records ever made public after a case is tried?
The first case I followed was Caylee's case out of Florida where they have the Sunshine Laws. Still. But is there anywhere a citizen can read about old cases from LE's perspective? Or, are those treated as trade secrets?

Not sure what you mean by "police records." Legal documents like search warrants, affidavits, filed court motions, and that kind of thing are made available and the media (esp. WRAL) publishes those as soon as they become available.

Police notes and work product are not available and are not part of the court record, nor is the work product of either the state or defense.

Testimony is captured by a court reporter verbatim and a trial transcript can be obtained (you have to purchase it from the court reporter). And some trials are televised or streamed online (again WRAL does this a lot).

Trial exhibits become part of the court record. Basically anything that is part of the court record can be looked at. Even the autopsy photos can be seen, but you have to make an appointment with the M.E. office separately to view them.

Police ask for volunteers in search for Kelli Bordeaux

Police spokesman Gavin McRoberts said they are asking for public participation to help locate any signs of the Army private, who was reported missing by military officials.

Anyone interested in helping with the search should report to the intersection of Ramsey Street and Andrews Road in Fayettevile, N.C., where police have set up a command post.

Volunteers can check in from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. with valid photo identification.

For more information contact the Fayetteville Police Department at 910-433-1896.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0424_1_froggy-bottoms-bar-search-command-post

Don't know if y'all talked about this today, just posting hoping anyone close can get involved and find Kelli!

You can delete your own posts within a time period (2 hours? not sure).

Otherwise you can "report a post" (even your own) by clicking on the red/white icon at the upper rite of each post and typing in your concern/request.

Or PM a mod.

:)

Mods love it when we self-correct. ;)

That said, I don't know if any of your posts broke any WS rules or not.

Thanks Cazzie. I think since my posts were responded to (?) I am unable to delete them. However I will leave them there and apologize if I am in the wrong. It isn't like I dug up any information that isn't already publicly available through several media sources and public records. However if I am wrong, I apologize to all for the posts.

Regarding the cell phone. Please correct if incorrect

1. Police stated last ping at bar on night of crime. That would imply phone battery died or removed. This was determined by trianulating cell ping, as the bar and apartment are both located between 2 cell towers.
2. Brother and unidentified military official mention 2 last texts sent to KB male friend Justin. "Getting a ride home with a man", followed by " Got home safely".
3. KB's prior Sonic boss and friend from Florida mentioned on Fox News clip that she replied to a text sent Friday AM, but not to a later text - this was unusual. At one point, he started calling her every hour and it went straight to voice mail. Now, thats what my phone does when battery has died.
4. I believe brother said phone not found yet.
5. Why did KB or perp send last 2 texts from cell to her friend Justin. And what time were texts sent?
-Who is the man that text is referring to - NH or another man that she did not know or perp trying to make Justin jealous or mislead him by not saying NH driving me home, as Justin had met NH during a game of pool in recent past.
-Was the home safe text to lead Justin to think she went home earlier than she really did? Or did perp use this as an alibi - something happened after she was dropped off.

I figure phone somewhere in parking lost/woods around the bar - probably where NH threw it that night.

Question- If cell battery died and calls get directed to VM )-- does it continue to ping for awhile longer, or not?

=================

Side issue: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...eaux-20120419_1_divers-search-person-case-bar
---"Holbert, 25, has been described as a bar-hand at Froggy Bottoms but a man who identified himself as the owner said Holbert was a regular —not an employee. He said the man never drank, was quiet and came into the bar to shoot pool.

Holbert told a local television station in North Carolina that he was at the bar and gave Bordeaux a ride home. He said he dropped her off at the entrance of her neighborhood, according to ABC News 11 in Fayetteville. Bordeaux was reported missing by Fort Bragg when she failed report to work on Monday. She joined the United States Army in April 2011, family said.

Bordeaux told her family that she had planned to drink Friday night and had arranged to have friends take her home, her mother Johnna Henson said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member