NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we assumed she was seen leaving, but no where does it actually say that. It only says they left the home at the same time.

What time did dad leave the home? Was mom late for anything? These are simple questions that should be cleared.

There is literally no information. Very tight lipped. I know LE has their reasons, but the thoughts that swirl through people's mind should be laid to rest. And why isn't the public being asked for help? This is a LEO daughter. They have every possible resource available, including the public. Use it!

I don't think LE has a responsibility to put people's minds at ease based on soothing statements, as a priority, when reality may not concur. I respect their approach especially here because Sara is essentially family, and I can't see reluctance about out reach to the public being based on anything other than bringing her home.

Her family's appreciation was offered to WSer's, by 808paradise, which I tend not to doubt. Ultimately, it isn't about the public, to the extent those who want to be supportive don't know how, though I see in many cases LE cares that the public cares, but about a sense of public safety, seems to me. Maybe some experienced sleuthers would know more of how best to sleuth and help in a situation like this.

Thank you FindHG. I agree, actually. What I mean though, is by not being forthcoming about details of last known sighting, info about the van, all items Sara was wearing.... people won't know to call and say "hey, i saw such n such". Also, I have seen case after case where the public shows disinterest because they think it is a "family affair", when in fact it might not be.

I am not trying to pacify anyone, I am trying to know what 'isn't' so I can spend my energy on what else it could be.

Does that make sense?

Thank you FindHG. I agree, actually. What I mean though, is by not being forthcoming about details of last known sighting, info about the van, all items Sara was wearing.... people won't know to call and say "hey, i saw such n such". Also, I have seen case after case where the public shows disinterest because they think it is a "family affair", when in fact it might not be.

I am not trying to pacify anyone, I am trying to know what 'isn't' so I can spend my energy on what else it could be.

Does that make sense?

Let me see if I understand you.

Say something like: she was last seen by her parents when they left for work in separate cars. She was driving a XXXX Chevrolet Astro van. Sara was wearing khaki pants and a white shirt with her blue Walmart vest, and white athletic shoes. It is believed she took route _____________.

Something like that?

Yes like that, AND "I saw the van back out and turn south", or whatever. Or, "I saw her go out the front door as I went into the garage, but didn't see her drive off" or whatever. That specific. Why aren't we getting these details?

Yes, GigTu, you make plenty of sense, to me. And you're kind to think it through and pitch in.

I agree with Han, FindHG and GigTu also. I definitely think it is very odd that there is so little description given. Unfortunately, I don't have any additional information on any of that. My family member is not local to the case unfortunately. I also find it odd that there haven't been more public searches or pleas for information. I tend to think (and this solely MY opinion, not necessarily the family members) that the FBI has more information. Maybe even a theory they are investigating. It's just so frustrating not having more to go on ourselves to help.

Thank you again, to all of you who are trying so hard to solve this. I hope Sara can feel our support, wherever she is.

Thanks, 808. I have an odd question. Even though Sara is missing from one place, what stops the other parent from getting all up in the business, asking a zillion questions, and hollering as loud as possible to media about their daughter missing? I can understand the father being quiet because of his career, but certainly that shouldn't cause the other parent to be so accepting of such little information.

It isn't even just this case. It's many missing person cases. Why isn't there more crazy moms or dads in the media, saying and doing anything to find their kid?

Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks, 808. I have an odd question. Even though Sara is missing from one place, what stops the other parent from getting all up in the business, asking a zillion questions, and hollering as loud as possible to media about their daughter missing? I can understand the father being quiet because of his career, but certainly that shouldn't cause the other parent to be so accepting of such little information.

It isn't even just this case. It's many missing person cases. Why isn't there more crazy moms or dads in the media, saying and doing anything to find their kid?

When I think of the Elizabeth Smart case I think of really savvy the media involvement on the part of the parents. But did it lead to her being found? I didn't follow it closely enough to know.

I agree with Han, FindHG and GigTu also. I definitely think it is very odd that there is so little description given. Unfortunately, I don't have any additional information on any of that. My family member is not local to the case unfortunately. I also find it odd that there haven't been more public searches or pleas for information. I tend to think (and this solely MY opinion, not necessarily the family members) that the FBI has more information. Maybe even a theory they are investigating. It's just so frustrating not having more to go on ourselves to help.

Thank you again, to all of you who are trying so hard to solve this. I hope Sara can feel our support, wherever she is.

Thanks again, 808paradise. Great to know, your thoughts on this and I share your hopes.

It isn't an odd question at all! but I have to tell you, I don't know precisely why the family is being tight lipped. I suspect they have been asked by LE for whatever reason.

So Grateful Hannah Garner is found and safe. Hoping for the same outcome for Sara.

Cricket, I'm sorry, it's Hannah Garner that is safe.
Hannah Graham was viciously murdered.

Hi 808,

Nice to see you here again. I am wondering if, since Sara is a minor, that is why there is no real footprint of her out there. We don't know what life was like in TX and if she had ever run away from her mom in the past. I have tried to find anything on line that would give any hint to who she was, but nothing other than FB. I don't hear the press or LE telling the public to safeguard their children, or warning woman to lock the cars while on the road, so I am leaning towards them looking at this as a runaway. I could be wrong, but that would be a different kind of investigation than a kidnapping or murder. I also comment on the missing flyer, about how no street clothing was described. Just the vest. That sort of cements the idea she was going to work. I questioned what the weather was like, because if she had a coat on that would be good to know. If you are running away, and it is cold weather, you need it if you are going north. But working at Walmart, maybe you could save up some money, enough to just get out of town and start over. The whole case is so quiet so my mind is a chattering mess with "what could have happened".

This may be a totally ignorant question, but if LE believed she was a runaway, would the FBI still be involved? Or is that just a matter of covering all bases.

Hi 808,

Nice to see you here again. I am wondering if, since Sara is a minor, that is why there is no real footprint of her out there. We don't know what life was like in TX and if she had ever run away from her mom in the past. I have tried to find anything on line that would give any hint to who she was, but nothing other than FB. I don't hear the press or LE telling the public to safeguard their children, or warning woman to lock the cars while on the road, so I am leaning towards them looking at this as a runaway. I could be wrong, but that would be a different kind of investigation than a kidnapping or murder. I also comment on the missing flyer, about how no street clothing was described. Just the vest. That sort of cements the idea she was going to work. I questioned what the weather was like, because if she had a coat on that would be good to know. If you are running away, and it is cold weather, you need it if you are going north. But working at Walmart, maybe you could save up some money, enough to just get out of town and start over. The whole case is so quiet so my mind is a chattering mess with "what could have happened".

BBM. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fairmont-nc/28340/february-weather/2113692?monyr=2/1/2015

Low Tuesday night was in high 20s, high for Wednesday, Feb. 4th was 56. So that morning at 6:30 might have been in mid-30s?

Hi 808,

BBM.
I think that's an interesting observation I hadn't thought about. But I look at that as meaning they don't think it was a random/stranger abduction situation. Not necessarily that they are leaning towards runaway, just that they may not have reason to believe the public is in danger. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member