NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Plus, he will never be able to stop looking over his shoulder. I doubt that he will live out his sentence - since the prison population has no time for child molesters and murderers. It might be a real punishment to have him in a general prison setting.
Does anyone know who the press means when they claim that he had a relationship with Shaniya's aunt and therefore the pictures on his cell phone were of her? That didn't make sense to me.

AD's sister. I forgot her name but will try to dig it up.
I lost my old notebook that had all my original notes.

This is going to be a difficult one to follow. I'm almost glad that it is not televised. Such a heartbreaking case of such a beautiful little angel.

The best thing about that is it will spare those who love Shaniya the torment of a trial.

JMO

He will never be a free man again.

And the good citizens of NC the great expense of a long trial. I have mixed feelings about this and only hope he truly gets life without parole. No parole, no early release.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go through a trial where he had to feel the disgust of the judge, the prosecutor, the defense team and all those in the audience. Because, no matter how they play it, I am positive all of them feel the same disgust with this (no name calling, not even of the perp) that we do.

Salem

And the good citizens of NC the great expense of a long trial. I have mixed feelings about this and only hope he truly gets life without parole. No parole, no early release.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go through a trial where he had to feel the disgust of the judge, the prosecutor, the defense team and all those in the audience. Because, no matter how they play it, I am positive all of them feel the same disgust with this (no name calling, not even of the perp) that we do.

Salem

I hear what you are saying but I really don't think he would care. Someone who could do what he did to Shaniya and his many crimes before Shaniya, IMO could care less what other people think of him.

I don't think the disgust of others would phase him one bit.

JMO

I hear what you are saying but I really don't think he would care. Someone who could do what he did to Shaniya and his many crimes before Shaniya, IMO could care less what other people think of him.

I don't think the disgust of others would phase him one bit.

JMO

He seems to want to stay away from admitting he really did what he is accused . I think he is scared of how certain people may react to certain evidence. Like his mom who was in court today. I think maybe the thought of his mom sitting though the trial and seeing and hearing what he knows is coming might have become real for him today.

Then how is he going to get money for his stuff in jail?

I am upset he has the option to plea for his life. To bad not everyone gets that option. Shanyia sure didnt.

However I see where it is a benefit to most involved and the taxpayers. [

We will be able to follow Nicole Carr at abc's twitter: @NewsWithNicole

Nicole Carr is a local reporter and she has let me know that there will be no live streaming of the trial per the court's order but that she will be tweeting. Her anticipated schedule is the 1st and last day of jury selection and then daily throughout the proceedings.

Nicole's station is "abc EyeWitness News 11" so I would anticipate any locals will be able to watch updates on the news in the evenings and I'm sure they will post something online for the rest of us. At least I hope so.

So.... this will be a good source for following along.

Salem

I'm somewhat local -- Raleigh, NC, and "abc EyeWitness News 11" is in the Raleigh/Durham areas. Also WRAL News has been covering this case closely since the very beginning. So I'll be glad to BOLO for articles.

In fact, and this may already be posted, but I just signed onto here from the Jodi Arias "thing," so I haven't checked. It's about a deal...

Plea deal offered in Fayetteville girl's 2009 death

Exerpt:

Fayetteville, N.C. — As jury selection began Monday in the capital murder case of the man accused of raping and killing a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl more than three years ago, prosecutors offered a plea deal to end what is expected to be a two-month trial.
Mario Andretti McNeill, 32, of Pine Springs Drive in Fayetteville, has been charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in the death of Shaniya Davis. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/6459688/
Prosecutors said they wouldn't seek the death penalty against McNeill if he pleads guilty. The defense has until Tuesday to accept or reject the deal.

http://www.wral.com/plea-deal-offered-in-fayetteville-girl-s-2009-death/12310021/

So disappointed this trial won't be broadcast. :( Other locals, can anyone recall the name of the other little girl, murdered by mom's BF while mom was away at military service?? Johnston County, N.C. Child was kept in a shed on BF's parents property?

Hello, old friend, glee!!:seeya: And hugs to (((you)))!! I do remember the awful murder, but no one's name at all comes to mind. I have no idea what happened at all in that case. Maybe we will hear from someone whose mind is younger :what:, and sharper!!

One way or another, I want MAM and AD put away in a bad place for as long as they breathe the same air as I.
icon8.gif

AD's sister. I forgot her name but will try to dig it up.
I lost my old notebook that had all my original notes.

Ha! So you keep a notebook, too?! I'm gonna have to find mine (!) with my notes..... fat chance o' that.....

Just interesting that you keep notes, too..... We're hooked Kimberlyd, hooked!!:read:

I wouldn't mind smeeing him go through a trial where he had to feel the disgust of the judge, the prosecutor, the defense team and all those in the audience. Because, no matter how they play it, I am positive all of them feel the same disgust with this (no name calling, not even of the perp) that we do.

Salem

In NC, if you are 18 or older, LWOP means what it says - LIFE - no parole, no early release. In fact, until the US Supreme Court made its ruling about no one under 18 being eligible for LWOP, NC courts did give LWOP to some. Those cases are to be reviewed and I don't know how they will be handled...

Praying for swift Justice for Shaniya. With this and her egg donor.

Breaking News: Mario Andretti McNeill maintained his innocence Tuesday and rejected a plea deal in the capital murder case of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl. Prosecutors say McNeill raped, kidnapped and murdered Shaniya Davis in 2009. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

Hello, old friend, glee!!:seeya: And hugs to (((you)))!! I do remember the awful murder, but no one's name at all comes to mind. I have no idea what happened at all in that case. Maybe we will hear from someone whose mind is younger :what:, and sharper!!

One way or another, I want MAM and AD put away in a bad place for as long as they breathe the same air as I.
icon8.gif

Teghan Skiba was the child's name. I tried googling yesterday to see if I could find anything on Jonathan Richardson, the killer, but came up empty as to any sort of trial news on him. Seems like so long ago that it happened, one would think a trial date would be emminent. I'd like to see poor Shaniya's mother at the very least locked up for life. Why that woman is out on bail I just don't know. :-( < waving at borndem > :seeya: I see this morning on WRAL, Brad Coopers possible appeal in the news.

I pretty much figured he would turn the deal down. I wouldn't be surprised if he got on the stand to testify. This guy is something else!

Ima

Ima - I agree. There is something in the youtube clip from yesterday morning about McNiell testifying on his own behalf. I think he fully intends to.

I'm not sorry we are going to trial. I just hope it doesn't take any longer than necessary. This (no name calling, not even of the perp) doen't have much of a defense given that he is seen on camera and there are several witnesses that will testify against him as to his actions on that fateful day.

Salem

Ima - I agree. There is something in the youtube clip from yesterday morning about McNiell testifying on his own behalf. I think he fully intends to.

I'm not sorry we are going to trial. I just hope it doesn't take any longer than necessary. This (no name calling, not even of the perp) doen't have much of a defense given that he is seen on camera and there are several witnesses that will testify against him as to his actions on that fateful day.

Salem

I'm curious as to why he went to that motel? Was there someone else waiting there for him to bring the child to? Why go to the motel?

If there is anything anyone wants in the first or 2nd post for easy reference and quick links - please let me or Ima know and we will add it.

Thanks,

Salem

So far the big news is that MAM turned down the pleas deal (I'm actually glad about this) and that jury selection seems to be moving along.

The judge seemed a bit frustrated that not even was juror was seated yesterday and was hoping things went better today.

Salem

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24