NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO one is saying he KNEW what would happen... and NO one is suggesting he wanted or wanted to allow this to happen

the road to h//ll is paved with "good intentions"

but this might be a good example of being cautious...

one look at that trailer and the people in it and I would have turned around and driven away

The half sister and brother seem to think so also...and other people

If he "knew"...well he didn't take enough time to check out and "know" IMHO

this is a horrible tragedy and unlike many others it could be prevented
I am NOT saying "charges" should be filed...but I do feel facts need to be put out there..

maybe some other custodial parent will think before giving a deadbeat a "chance"

maybe other family members will step up and get help when they see a train wreck about to happen

So many tragedies could have been prevented-but unfortunetly they happen. IMO if Somer and Elizabeth werent walking home with out adult supervision they would still be alive. But I dont know their parents reason for allowing that. Even if BL didnt raise Shaniya 100% he still stepped up to the plate more than AD ever did...his pain is real and I just dont want us to forget that he is also a victim, anybody who genuinely loved and cared for Shaniya is a victim in this case. IMO until charges are brought on BL that is when I will have no sympathy for him.

I wonder how long BL has had the job where he has had to travel out of town. Is this why others cared for Shaniya. Do we know he didn't take care of her when he was home?

Ummmm...who was BL paying child support to for Shaniya if he was taking care of her for 5 years? :waitasec:

Ya know I have asked this question many times. Where was Shaniya actually living these past few years? According to Cheyenne, dad was not part of Shaniya's life.

is it me, or on ng did it seem as if "mario" rolled right out of the mouth of brads son as if he were a friend of the family? Rather than that guy mario or the perp etc?....anyone else think it sounded as if the son knew him well? tyia.......

OMG...is there a thread for this??

I have to wonder..why not more info?

Maybe not politically "correct" but a better description....childs race, hair color, etc??? race of the guy driving the van? approx age?

the boys might be young but surely they could give those basic details

is there a "thread" for this or an "amber alert" thread?

I just hope another tragedy is averted....time is of the essence
Prayers to this little girl...protect her...find her

I can't understand all this confusion over where Shaniya actually lived. It makes NO SENSE. If she lived with him, there would be no child support. What gives?

One thing that I'm grateful for is the fact that sperm can live for almost a week inside of the body it was ejaculated into. If there was more than one violator, there's a good chance his dna profile will be obtained. The FBI would be able to work off of that, but it's time consuming if they don't have that particular person in CODIS.

Maybe not politically "correct" but a better description....childs race, hair color, etc??? race of the guy driving the van? approx age?

this is FL? Hope this isnt the much anticipated thought of the police that Somers killer would strike again? white van again? hmmmmmm

That's odd - my daughter's husband got custody of his child because the bio-mom smacked her up once. They probably would have gotten bio-mom's left arm if the girl had been sexually assaulted.

What are they telling you about NOT being able to get custody, if you don't mind my asking?

The state child welfare authorities have chosen to return her to her mother, that is all the court needs to know.
We have also been told that paternity was established only to recoup money lost through the state aid she was claiming for all three kids....since he didn't make those steps himself (to find out he had a child with a woman he lived 4 states away from that never even called to say she was pregnant) paternity was not established to give him rights, so he has none.

They basically tell us the custody issues are between mother and the state, not the mother and father...he has already been cut out.

OK, I'm going to stop now, before I totally hijack.

<bold>"He said he knew she wasn't supposed to be over there, but he wanted to give her biological mother a chance," Allen said. On Oct. 3, Lockhart left town, Allen said, returning the day Shaniya went missing".</bold>

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953110

Does anyone know if he return home the day she went missing, because she was "missing" or because it was his scheduled day to arrive home.

I have been sitting back watching this unfold and have not felt right about commenting regarding the faults of anyone, other than the individuals charged with crimes against Shaniya. I have a feeling that, like another case in Florida, we might see others that are not charged with any crime, but are morally responsible for a part of Shaniya's demise. It does take a village to raise a child. I am finding that it often takes more than one person to let a child fall through the cracks as well. Falling through the cracks in this case lead to a beautiful childs death.

is it me, or on ng did it seem as if "mario" rolled right out of the mouth of brads son as if he were a friend of the family? Rather than that guy mario or the perp etc?....anyone else think it sounded as if the son knew him well? tyia.......

I agree! I thought wow - it seems as if they've all seem to know one another - watching Cheyenne and the bro on NG - there didn't seem to be a
hint of animosity - just familiarity....

I can't understand all this confusion over where Shaniya actually lived. It makes NO SENSE. If she lived with him, there would be no child support. What gives?

I am speculating that he gave his sister money to care for Shaniya while he traveled and that the support was not court ordered.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91734"]FL- Amber Alert: 6yo girl snatched in PORT ST. LUCIE,18-Nov-09 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

<bold>"He said he knew she wasn't supposed to be over there, but he wanted to give her biological mother a chance," Allen said. On Oct. 3, Lockhart left town, Allen said, returning the day Shaniya went missing".</bold>

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953110

Does anyone know if he return home the day she went missing, because she was "missing" or because it was his scheduled day to arrive home.

I remember reading way early on the he was scheduled to come back that day. But that was like 687859980 threads ago...........

Ummmm...who was BL paying child support to for Shaniya if he was taking care of her for 5 years? :waitasec:

I echo your question. The girl's father did not kill her, but he carries some responsibility for what happened. Although my stepdaughter's mother has Borderline Personality Disorder, I know that she does care for her the best way she can, is remarried to a decent man, and lives with her daughter in a decent home. She makes sure that my stepdaughter attends school and does her homework, and looks out for her safety. If at any time my husband and I thought her living conditions were sub-standard, or her mother or stepfather were abusing drugs or burning her with cigarettes, we would have felt compelled to do something. If my husband had custody, would not have allowed her to stay or even visit her mother in a situation such as Shanya's -- NO WAY!

As Websleuthers, we look at all aspects of a crime. In this case, the father's story is crumbling around him and we need to find out the truth of what really happened and what type of a father he really was in order to understand how such a horrific tragedy occurred so that maybe this won't happen again to another child.

DOes anyone know if Carey Lockhart-Davis related to AD in anyway...through marriage?

I am speculating that he gave his sister money to care for Shaniya while he traveled and that the support was not court ordered.

But my point is, that we are hearing conflicting stories on who was actually raising her. He says he was, now it is apparent that that is not the whole truth so why even say it........it just strikes me as strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat