NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not new news, but it is a new article.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6457986/

"Investigators are trying to determine what might have prompted Davis' alleged actions, including allegations that Shaniya was given up to settle a drug debt, said Theresa Chance, spokeswoman for the Fayetteville Police Department.

“Lots of people are saying that, so it’s part of the investigation,” Chance said.

She declined to comment on whether Davis owed money to Mario Andrette McNeill, a second suspect in the case."

This gets to me.

Prosecutors in Cumberland and Lee counties met for four hours Wednesday to discuss how to handle the case. They must prove where the girl was killed to establish legal jurisdiction to prosecute someone on a murder charge.

So what if they never figure out where she actually died, do these people walk?

I got a tweet from Nick Needham, staff writer covering criminal justice for Fayetteville Observer. He will be covering the Prayer Service at The Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park tonight.

:(

Harpo pays for photos and video just like everyone else and maintains a firm policy "of never paying for interviews".

I see. I agree it seems premature to be making appearances at this time but, IF it makes an impression that some parents will pay close attention to and prevent another case like this, it's a life saver. I can't argue with that.

There is no baseboard in the shot with people, and baseboard in the empty hall so it is not the same location.... different floor perhaps?

I thought the same thing originally, but I believe the lighting on the still with MAM and Shaniya just blurs out the baseboard. Just my opinion.

Well here's his chance to clear up a few things! It will be interesting to see how he uses this opportunity!

If MAM is drug,smut connected someone may go his bail and we will never see him again...Why are LE taking so long?? NO pressers today ....no murder charges...is he an informant? Something is not right?

thats just it. something isn't right.

for the last week, i'm STILL trying to figure out WHERE they got the info that the mother sold her...
and MAM WAS the last known person to see her or have her alive, then that makes him the responsibly party. WHY is his bail so low... and where are the murder charges? LE is dragging their feet... SOMMETHING reeks about this case.
i dont think they know ANYTHING for certain.
Where's the proof of human trafficking? I'm by NO means sticking up for the mother... but I don't think LE knows or can prove anything against her

I see. I agree it seems premature to be making appearances at this time but, IF it makes an impression that some parents will pay close attention to and prevent another case like this, it's a life saver. I can't argue with that.

http://www.oprah.com/index

The video says it's about Human Trafficking, etc. I need to know more about this. Until this case, I was so naive. My bad.

BREAKING NEWS: 8pm News Conference on Shaniya Davis Murder Case.. Fay PD says "New Charges Will Be Filed" .. watch...

from tweet

wonder what was going thru his head while looking at the camera he knew he was caught

Something I was trying to figure out last night that is bothering me.
MAM took her to the hotel for a very short amount of time.
I did a search for available hotels and 45 came up. Now that is quite a few to choose from. There were others cheaper. Also, others that would give more privacy with just an outside entrance to a room instead of having to walk through a lobby with a little girl in your arms. Why did he choose this hotel?
Did he have a connection with this hotel already? Was he able to get access to a room for free?
If all he wanted to do was clean her up, he could have stopped somewhere and used a restroom.

Also, when his family told him the police were looking for him, where was he? Did they call him on a cell phone or did they actually see him?

Could it be possible that Shaniya was still alive then but when he found out he was being looked for he killed her then?

VB
BBM

I have wondered about this too! He didn't seem worried at all about being seen there.

Did someone working at the hotel have his back, so to speak?

wonder what was going thru his head while looking at the camera he knew he was caught

G-d, why kill her then? Why not cut your losses and release her. Drop her off somewhere,anywhere. Why did they have to kill her?
How do you look into a childs eyes and kill them'?

Sorry to quote my own post but I wanted to comment more on these pics and keep the link in the post as well. In the one where he has just come down the hall toward the elevator, you can't see the checkered thing (whatever it is) and the white thing is up over her shoulder. And she is looking frontwards but not upwards. In the other two where he is facing the elevator, the checkered thing is visible and the white thing has dropped down over her lap, and she has moved her arm to put her hand up on his shoulder, and she is looking upwards. My first thought was ok, he must have shifted positions how he was carrying her in order to punch the down button...but.....then I saw it is already LIT UP even in the first one before they change positions....?!! Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member