NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem wrong, it IS wrong!!

I looked at O's website and couldn't find anything.

I backed up my DVR just to make sure, and it says "Shaniya Davis's father speaks out."

Apparently, Oprah does her shows live on Fridays and he will just be a segment of the show (probably added on last minute). The other segments includes Ray Ramano and some actress from the movie "Precious", so they probably have not updated her website.

My first post here. This situation makes me physically ill and its hard to comment because I hate to think of what this poor child may have gone thru.

I don't know how to post this picture as I do not have an online photo site but I've altered the carpet angle to be as close to the video shot as possible. The pattern is not the same.
I can send it to someone if they can post it.

As for Shaniya's legs being closed, her knees would have to be together as MAM's arm would be under her knees in order to carry her.

The video photo is blurred so the colors look they are smeared, I think someone said they altered the photo from the video before they posted it here.

Is it possible he is just walking by the elevator on his way to a room?

Isn't is a little odd to go on Oprah before they even get this child burried? Or am I nutz? That just seems.....wrong?

It does seem wrong. But IMO, BL seems to be a male version of Cindy A and loves the camera and attention.

That's why I think he walked out during his son's interview on NG... he likes the attention/camera on him.

Since Oprah does her show live on Fridays and it is such short notice, she may do a satellite interview, but I backed up my DVR just to make sure it will be one of the segments of the show.

I would venture to say that the camera is angled differently in the hotel shot, but it's definitely a different floor.... same hotel though... IMO

There is no baseboard in the shot with people, and baseboard in the empty hall so it is not the same location.... different floor perhaps?

I backed up my DVR just to make sure, and it says "Shaniya Davis's father speaks out."

Apparently, Oprah does her shows live on Fridays and he will just be a segment of the show (probably added on last minute). The other segments includes Ray Ramano and some actress from the movie "Precious", so they probably have not updated her website.

OK, thank you. Some bloggers have compared her case to the movie "Precious."

My first post here. This situation makes me physically ill and its hard to comment because I hate to think of what this poor child may have gone thru.

I don't know how to post this picture as I do not have an online photo site but I've altered the carpet angle to be as close to the video shot as possible. The pattern is not the same.
I can send it to someone if they can post it.

As for Shaniya's legs being closed, her knees would have to be together as MAM's arm would be under her knees in order to carry her.

Welcome!!! Glad you're joining in!

I believe this means it's the second floor. This would seem to make the shot one of their exiting... however since MAM's not reported leaving hotel w Shaniya until 7:30 am--and if there's any reliability to time stamp in elevator shot which someone states can be seen indicating just prior to 7am--then one is left to speculate whether he may have been traveling by elevator to more than one floor/room while there, or else had a room of his own (which I'd previously doubted but would have to reconsider if timestamp is credible). In either case if we believe the time stamp he would not be leaving for another half hour still, so would have either been going eg from his room on floor 3, to maybe another person waiting on another floor... or leaving one person's room and going to someone else's room?

kiki the parrot said:
...can others please see and confirm timestamp in hotel surveillance and is this a reliable indicator of the time?

I'm bumping my own posts, as I attempted to raise these same questions.

:parrot:

This has been such a tragic chain of events. I hope those directly responsible for this child's abuse & death are sent away for life!

As for the father, I hope he does feel guilt. I know he didn't wish his child dead, however, it seems that as soon as parenting got in the way with his lifestyle, he was happy to remove this inconvenience. So many times, parents decide their own happiness is more important than parenting or their child's happiness. We see so many men and women ignoring/neglecting their children because of a new bf or gf. As if the children are disposable. As far as I'm concerned, disrupting your child's life by sending her to live in those conditions is abuse and neglect. I believe this father will spend his life in a jail of guilt created by himself and I don't feel sorry for him. Shaniya should have come first. He had custody, provided a nice home and chose to send his daughter to live with a loser momster in bad conditions. While he may not have known the extent of the conditions, is was most certainly and obviously a considerably lesser condition than Shaniya was in previously. For a parent to chose that for their child, is pure selfishness.

How right you are. I'm wondering if BL can be charged with Child Endangerment. :rage:

jmo

I am looking at one of the pics of MAM and Shaniya at the elevator....next to the one taken here of the third floor elevator.....the carpet is DIFFERENT ya'll. I mean it is the exact same carpet, BUT where the pattern stops and the floor begins is completely DIFFERENT. I agree it looks like a 3 in the survaillance pics but it can't be, according to the carpet pattern thing. Obviously it is not the first floor as we know now so I wonder if it could be a 2 and wonder what the carpet pattern looks like at the elevator on floor 2. And last but definitely not least THANK YOU AMF so much for spending your lunch hour sleuthing and sharing this with all of us!!!

Can you line these up together for us? Because I am pretty sure I agree with you, the pattern does look different.... Well not different just when it was put down it was put down with the pattern starting in a different spot.

Not that it matters, 3rd or 2nd. It is clear from AMF's amazing photos, that she was in fact being taken out, especially since the down button was pushed. Great sleuthing!!!!!

I just noticed maybe it has been addresed before when showing the diff. photo stills one the black polka dotted thing we can see but in the other still where is it?

Is it possible he is just walking by the elevator on his way to a room?

You know? I think it does look like he is walking by. I thought earlier the way his body was turned was strange. It seems more comfortable to stand facing the elevator when waiting for it. But it's clear the button has been pushed. Maybe someone else did it, or he did then decided to take the stairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita