NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a letter to the editor in the Fay Oberserver discussing AD's release.
Not really news, but I thought it was interesting.

It's from 4/11/2010

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/04/11/990027

snipped:

Mother's release a danger to residents
I disapprove of the recent release of Antoinette Davis, mother of slain 5-year-old Shaniya Davis. I find it unacceptable that District Attorney Edward Grannis Jr. and District Court Judge Tal Baggett Jr. could grant a $51,000 bond to Ms. Davis, who allegedly trafficked her daughter for prostitution into the hands of her alleged killer, Mario McNeill. I and many others feel Ms. Davis should have been charged with first or second-degree murder for contributing to her child's death, and she should never have been released from prison given the seriousness of the felony charges against her.

***more at link

I am still saying the real story has been hushed, and they had a picture of Nam with Shaniya.
So he got charged, but the truth is actually IMHO under lock and key.
:furious:

I think he got charged because of more than a picture. JMO

They took evidence from his car, from his computer, from his phone, and they have statements from people that he was in the house the night before.
They have him on tape carrying her into the hotel.

What could the truth be that they are keeping under lock and key?

So, June 3rd is the next date. Mark it down y'all. We have to continue to watch this case and care about it. IMO

The letter to the editor above was a good move by the writer.

I think I'll do the same.
Thanks for the link!

ETA:
At the link, there is an email address and a physical address. I think I'll do both.
Maybe I'll print some of the pictures of Shaniya to include in the letter so he can look into her beautiful eyes.
There is NO REASON AD should be out of jail.

I think I'll do the same.
Thanks for the link!

ETA:
At the link, there is an email address and a physical address. I think I'll do both.
Maybe I'll print some of the pictures of Shaniya to include in the letter so he can look into her beautiful eyes.
There is NO REASON AD should be out of jail.

GOOD IDEA!!!!!!

I included this in my letter:

The court should take into account:

1.the nature and seriousness of the offense or default (and the probable method of dealing with the defendant for it),
2.the character, antecedents, associations and community ties of the defendant

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail[/ame]

:furious:Just what I thought a lost line of more BS.... but new it is NOT :no:
they had to print something but gave us nothing. :furious:

The monster was NOT CHARGED with accessory to murder.
In fact WTF did they do today :furious:

Great!!! 10 of us write to the F judge....Yap ;)
How about the Attorney General and the congress men and, and, and...
This case is hushed and something is very wrong.
YAP I will continue to trust my mistrust and my intuition....
I had a feeling I was going to come here cursing today. :furious: @#$%^&* :furious:

:furious:Just what I thought a lost line of more BS.... but new it is NOT :no:
they had to print something but gave us nothing. :furious:

The monster was NOT CHARGED with accessory to murder.
In fact WTF did they do today :furious:

Great!!! 10 of us write to the F judge....Yap ;)
How about the Attorney General and the congress men and, and, and...
This case is hushed and something is very wrong.
YAP I will continue to trust my mistrust and my intuition....
I had a feeling I was going to come here cursing today. :furious: @#$%^&* :furious:

Would it help to say Shaniya's purple flowers peeked open a tiny bit today and I worked on her sign?

I understand your frustration. :(

It's not unusual for cases to be continued and pushed back IMO.
Happens all the time.
But, I would like an explanation, or a court transcription to find out who is requesting the case be continued. If it is the state, they may need more time on what they are working on. If it's AD's attorney, it's to stall IMO.

We just need to be patient I guess.

human trafficking was one of the charges and yet she got out on 51,000? thats ridiculous, regardless of the lack of murder charges.

Would it help to say Shaniya's purple flowers peeked open a tiny bit today and I worked on her sign?

I understand your frustration. :(

:) Shaniya's flowers are the ONLY things that are doing what they are supposed to be doing!!!

I am furious too. I know this happens but there SHOULD be an explanation!!!! The public DESERVES it!!!

The fact that AD was let out on that ridiculous amount of bail while charged with such a heinous crime is also a travesty!

Okay...I'll give them till June, if nothing happens then I will REALLY flip my lid!!! >:-(

human trafficking was one of the charges and yet she got out on 51,000? thats ridiculous, regardless of the lack of murder charges.
Something is very wrong here...
Something just sucks and is not justice, and I smell a lot of BS.:banghead:

:) Shaniya's flowers are the ONLY things that are doing what they are supposed to be doing!!!

I am furious too. I know this happens but there SHOULD be an explanation!!!! The public DESERVES it!!!

The fact that AD was let out on that ridiculous amount of bail while charged with such a heinous crime is also a travesty!

Okay...I'll give them till June, if nothing happens then I will REALLY flip my lid!!! >:-(
I think we'll get more of the same by June.
The flowers are sweet and make me smile, but I want to see Justice. Shaniya deserves justice.

And whether NC does not want any child trafficking headlines in the paper or not I DO NOT GIVE A CHIT.
It is what it is and it must be handled, and revealed. Their political agenda has nothing to do with what is right

I think he got charged because of more than a picture. JMO

They took evidence from his car, from his computer, from his phone, and they have statements from people that he was in the house the night before.
They have him on tape carrying her into the hotel.

What could the truth be that they are keeping under lock and key?

Obviously more - but that photo was a dead give away....
There was no place for him to run after having been photographed.

Like grandmother spider, I have all the time in the world. Justice has been slow coming but I still have faith that we will see it eventually. The wheel will turn and I will wait, patiently spinning all the while.

I think we'll get more of the same by June.
The flowers are sweet and make me smile, but I want to see Justice. Shaniya deserves justice.

And whether NC does not want any child trafficking headlines in the paper or not I DO NOT GIVE A CHIT.
It is what it is and it must be handled, and revealed. Their political agenda has nothing to do with what is right

Oh trust me, I want to see justice too. Very, very, VERY much so. Remember, we look at where this baby was found every morning.

I'm trying to be positive and hope they are finding the hand that fed the mouth, so to speak.

JTSYS

Like grandmother spider, I have all the time in the world. Justice has been slow coming but I still have faith that we will see it eventually. The wheel will turn and I will wait, patiently spinning all the while.

I agree.

Like we all know from following many cases, sometimes this takes years.

The fortunate thing about this case is, they found the killer, the "seller" and Shaniya's little body pretty quickly.
The legal wheels just turn slow IMO.

But I too, have faith that we will see justice eventually.

I agree.

Like we all know from following many cases, sometimes this takes years.

The fortunate thing about this case is, they found the killer, the "seller" and Shaniya's little body pretty quickly.
The legal wheels just turn slow IMO.

But I too, have faith that we will see justice eventually.

Not to change the subject, but back to the photos of the allegedly unidentified 'young black child' on MAM's cell phone that have not been formally identified as Shaniya and therefore might possibly be another abused- possibly missing, or possibly murdered child. If LE has been unable to identify this child, any theories on why they are not putting the pic out there? Even if it is graphic, it seems like they could modify it so that the public could take a look and see if it rings any bells. Why is there not even a verbal description out there? I'd like to know some more about this picture(s). Where was it sent/received from? What type of device sent or recieved it? Where was it stored in the memory on the cell phone?
Something about this aspect screams 'ring' to me.

JTSYS

I'll have to go back and look at the documents... But, I think the photo referred to was of a young childs private parts. I don't think the photo showed much more.

I'm on my phone at the ballpark, but will try to find the details. If not I will look when I get home tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike