NC NC - Shannon Rippy VanNewkirk, 54, Wilmington, 5 April 2014 *GUILTY

I think her past is important no matter if she left willingly or not. A person's past can, unfortunately or fortunately, dictate a person's present.

I just asked a mod about it, so we'll see. :)

I can paraphrase what I found, too, if that is preferable. It's definitely from a reliable source (State of NC)

I flagged my own post yesterday and wrote a response and asked if we could post this official state of NC information about Shannon, but I haven't heard anything from a mod. I know they are super busy. Perhaps someone else can try today to ask a mod as well? :)
Thanks! :)

You may post what you find. But if she has a criminal record, bear in mind that unless you think it has something to do with her going missing, it might be unnecessarily embarrassing to her loved ones to post it. It's up to you.

Yes, you can post official, public records.

Salem

You may post what you find. But if she has a criminal record, bear in mind that unless you think it has something to do with her going missing, it might be unnecessarily embarrassing to her loved ones to post it. It's up to you.

Thank You and Salem for answering. I have the information, but I will let others post it, :) Thanks!

Well I don't mind to link the public information...She has a history of worthless checks over $2000 and DWI. This dates back over 10 years and through 2011. She apparently served time on these charges. Not sure if this background led her to the wrong crowd...or perhaps she had some other issues and decided to get away for a while. Here's the link:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=844533

Praying she is found safe...her family and friends love her.

I am hoping that Shannon left for awhile and will come back.
The presents left on her porch by her family struck me as odd, Unless it is because
the family "knows" how she is, and therefore thought she would be back at some point.
With the presents still on the porch and Shannon being missing, it does cause concern as she isn't back yet. I would think if they thought she would be gone for this long, they would not have dropped off the presents. But why not keep the presents and drop them off later?
Did they have somewhat of an inkling they might not see her for a bit(but she would be back) and that's why they dropped off the presents?
IMOO.

Where is the new boyfriend? He could have taken her out of town for her birthday. I can understand her turning off the phone and not wanting to be disturbed if she left town with him.

What I don't understand is; why can't police pick up the cell phone ping. I thought that even if the phone is off, the Ping still worked. I do NOT think she removed the battery.

Still no news on Shannon? My gut says this is not a woman who left voluntarily, but I've been wrong before. I agree with HB, where are those cell phone records and what story do they tell?

I sort of have the impression that maybe Shannon is a bar patron in much the same way that Cliff Claven was on the show Cheers. In other words, she's a regular at a few places. I saw a comment where someone referred to her as "iced tea and vodka." I assume they are recalling her drink of choice. On one of the flyers, it sounds like they believe she was out celebrating with someone, and they don't know who that someone is. I am wondering if she could have gone for a run or something. I have no idea whether she's into running. But it's something that might explain how she ended up leaving the house.

So they have her on video entering the bar and that's it? What am I missing?

Well I don't mind to link the public information...She has a history of worthless checks over $2000 and DWI. This dates back over 10 years and through 2011. She apparently served time on these charges. Not sure if this background led her to the wrong crowd...or perhaps she had some other issues and decided to get away for a while. Here's the link:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=844533

Praying she is found safe...her family and friends love her.

Have they checked with the police stations, jails, and such in the surrounding area to see if they have picked up someone who matches Shannon's description?

So they have her on video entering the bar and that's it? What am I missing?

They have her entering the bar, but they have not published any video that I am aware of, of her leaving the bar.
Was Shannon seen leaving the bar with someone?
It was stated earlier in the thread in one of the articles that she was home around 7, and it was also stated that she was at the bar around 7. If when she talked to her mom around 7 and she was indeed home, was she alone then? Did someone show up at her home? Did someone come over and they decided to go out together?
It sounds like there are a few pieces missing here that the public is not aware of . Why not show a video or still of her leaving the bar? Why only show her entering the bar? Is it because they do have someone else on video that left with her, and they are unable to find this person as well, or perhaps they know where this person is, but they don't want to tip their hat that they have video of this person, as well, perhaps? Or maybe they don't have video of Shannon leaving with this person, but maybe they have video of Shannon talking with this person, then when Shannon left, perhaps alone, maybe there's video of Shannon being followed by someone??
All my opinion, of course.

I am surprised that she is still missing. I sort of expected her to be off the grid with someone for a few days. Now I'm worried that foul play is involved.

I'm just really surprised that we haven't heard anything new. I'm assuming that they interviewed the people at the bar. I mean, they must know more than they are saying. Here's hoping that she is off somewhere having the time of her life.

I don't understand why this woman has two different last names. Has that been addressed? And it said she lives in 5th Street. But I found an address for her on 2nd Street. And it appears she has some connection to other people who live on 2nd Street. I assume they are relatives. Is it possible that she tried to walk three blocks and never made it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back