NC NC - Shannon Rippy VanNewkirk, 54, Wilmington, 5 April 2014 *GUILTY

Authorities say missing woman is victim of foul play -

Ten days have passed since Shannon Rippy Vannewkirk, 50, was reported missing. "New information in the investigation has led police to believe that Vannewkirk may have been harmed," said Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Rawley in a press release. Further details were not provided.

bilde

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...ties-say-missing-woman-is-victim-of-foul-play

Okay. I keep reading that bit on the flyer about the person she was celebrating with. I haven't read how they know she was with someone that night. I thought she told her mom she was going to bed. Is it possible that she was going to bed but had another person spending the night? I wonder if police found evidence in her home.

Okay. I keep reading that bit on the flyer about the person she was celebrating with. I haven't read how they know she was with someone that night. I thought she told her mom she was going to bed. Is it possible that she was going to bed but had another person spending the night? I wonder if police found evidence in her home.

Curious they have her coming into the bar at 3 PM that day, but are not showing us a picture of her leaving?

Early on, it was said she had an argument with someone at the bar that day and came home. I'll to go back and find it, I think it was said on the facebook page.

ETA-Look at the post on April 9th.

Curious they have her coming into the bar at 3 PM that day, but are not showing us a picture of her leaving?

Early on, it was said she had an argument with someone at the bar that day and came home. I'll to go back and find it, I think it was said on the facebook page.

ETA-Look at the post on April 9th.

Thanks. I see that there is a lot more information on the page. It includes some very general info on who she might have been meeting.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?p=1&tc=pg&AID=2014140419735

"Thursday, about 75 friends and family members gathered in the front of Wilmington City Hall to hold a candlelight vigil in an effort to keep Vannewkirk's disappearance in the public eye."

"Monica Caison, director of the CUE Center, said the organization has searched a two-mile radius from where Vannewkirk was last seen."

" "Time is of the essence because we need to bring resolve to this situation," Caison said."

This is a 3 page article about Shannon.

I wonder if she rode the Segway because she didn't have a drivers license?

Hi all! I got home from a trip and am glad to see there is a thread for Shannon. Mr. WM works in the film industry and has known Shannon for years. He hasn't seen her on any movie sets the past several years and I assume that it's because she ran into some problems per her criminal record. I've just caught up reading all the links provided and am taken aback by some of the nasty comments in the msm articles. Regardless of her problems, this lady deserves to be found.

Here's a few random thoughts that I'd like to share.....

It is not unusual to see peeps riding segways here & there in Downtown Wilmington but it's possible that Shannon rode one because of DUI's but I just don't know. There are alot of artsy/hipster type people who live downtown. There are wealthy folks who live in the historic district and there are also some heavy crime areas with gang activity. There have been alot of shootings in the heavy crime areas the past several months. Shannon lived on 5th Ave. (all the other numbered streets in Wilm. are called streets but 5th is called Ave. for some reason) IDK her address but there are some streets which are safe in one block but three blocks over or one street over may be a bad area. Alot of peeps who live downtown have their local haunts. There are some great bars and restaurants within walking distance of homes.

Here's one other thing I wish to mention about 2003 when Shannon was convicted of passing bad checks. The local film industry bottomed out in Wilm. after 9/11/01. In 2003 production companies were filming in Canada because NC didn't have film incentives. I didn't see a lot of Mr. WM during this period because he took jobs in other states. The industry started booming again after NC passed film incentives during our previous govorner's tenure who served from '08-'12. I am not excusing her for her crime but noticed that the crime occurred during a period when film jobs were scarce and times were lean.

I pray that Shannon is found. A lot of folks are worried about her.

My opinion and all that jazz.

wm

ETA Here's a link to Shannon's IMDB page.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0728134/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

Vigil's are good for keeping name in the news but there needs to be a search asap.
I realize there was a search at her home area but they need to start looking in wooded areas and bodies of water.

Monica Caison, director of the CUE Center, said the organization has searched a two-mile radius from where Vannewkirk was last seen.

"Time is of the essence because we need to bring resolve to this situation," Caison said.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?p=3&tc=pg&AID=2014140419735&tc=ar

Also on the fb page it was posted that she was seeing someone new. And that she was going to celebrate her birthday with them. Her relationship status is: it's complicated.

I would assume LE is already getting the phone records. Wonder if her phone or purse was at her home.

Her segway was located and was not missing.

Usually when someone posts "it's complicated", (referring to their relationship), it often times means they are seeing someone married.
JMO.

Does anyone know if the search included a water search of the banks of the Cape Fear River?

I'm not a good mapper but hope someone will map downtown Wilmington and include 5th Ave and the Husk Bar on Front Street to give some us perspective of the area and possibly Shannon's route. I wish we knew her street address.

wm

Does anyone know if the search included a water search of the banks of the Cape Fear River?

I'm not a good mapper but hope someone will map downtown Wilmington and include 5th Ave and the Husk Bar on Front Street to give some us perspective of the area and possibly Shannon's route. I wish we knew her street address.

wm

I hope this helps..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 571
Has this gal ever taken off for a few days ever before?
Could she be incarcerated for some mishap?
They checked on that?

UPDATE: Foul play suspected in Shannon Rippy Vannewkirk's disappearance

http://www.wect.com/story/25192291/...ed-in-shannon-rippy-vannewkirks-disappearance

Prayer vigil being held tonight, according to the facebook page. One of the news stations will run a story tonight. Hopefully we'll learn more details. We have a couple corner pieces of the puzzle, but the rest is missing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/619207968154616/?source=1

If LE suspects foul play...they have a reason, IMO and do not believe she was arrested or took off...

Thanks for the awesome map los2188! :loveyou:

I just posted Shannon's poster on my FB page but I am confused about her location at 7 pm. The poster said she left the Husk Bar about 7 pm but I thought I read in one of the early articles that she spoke with her mom about 7 pm and told her she was going to bed. I wish we knew if she rode her segway or walked to the bar, if she was on the segway then the 'about 7pm' time might be doable for both leaving the bar and speaking with her mom. But the 8 block walk would take a bit longer considering waiting at crosswalks and being on foot.

Apr 5 was a nice day to get out and about and rid oneself of the winter cabin fever. Hi temp was 84 and low 59. The winds would have been at her back on her way home from the Husk bar....WSW 11mph with gusts to 24 mph. One thing I noticed is the moon phase. It was a waxing crescent which set in the west at 12am/1am ish and the sun set at 7:35 so her walk home at dusk could have been quite dark as the crescent moon would have already begun falling in the western sky and crescents don't put out much light anyway.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ton&req_state=NC&req_statename=North+Carolina

I just feel so badly for her family and friends who are so worried for Shannon's safety. I hope n pray she is found soon.

wm

Thanks for the awesome map los2188! :loveyou:

I just posted Shannon's poster on my FB page but I am confused about her location at 7 pm. The poster said she left the Husk Bar about 7 pm but I thought I read in one of the early articles that she spoke with her mom about 7 pm and told her she was going to bed. I wish we knew if she rode her segway or walked to the bar, if she was on the segway then the 'about 7pm' time might be doable for both leaving the bar and speaking with her mom. But the 8 block walk would take a bit longer considering waiting at crosswalks and being on foot.

Apr 5 was a nice day to get out and about and rid oneself of the winter cabin fever. Hi temp was 84 and low 59. The winds would have been at her back on her way home from the Husk bar....WSW 11mph with gusts to 24 mph. One thing I noticed is the moon phase. It was a waxing crescent which set in the west at 12am/1am ish and the sun set at 7:35 so her walk home at dusk could have been quite dark as the crescent moon would have already begun falling in the western sky and crescents don't put out much light anyway.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ton&req_state=NC&req_statename=North+Carolina

I just feel so badly for her family and friends who are so worried for Shannon's safety. I hope n pray she is found soon.

wm

https://www.facebook.com/events/619207968154616/

On April 8, someone addresses the "not "missing segway.
I wonder where the segway was found?
I also wonder if she was picked up from her home? Or if she left the bar with someone?
IMOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back