GUILTY NC - Travis Baker, 19, Claremont, 16 April 2007

As i sit here and think about this boy,i looked up his name on yahoo to see if anything was new. I saw the myspace for him and decided to click on it and noticed that someone had been on his page today. Most likely his mom or dad and i thought to myself how hard it must be for them. My kids are at school right now and in a way im glad because im crying so hard for these parents of this boy. When your kids get home today from school or you have them around you right now,you should hug them tight and let them know you love them. This could be any one of us going through this and i cant imagine the pain they are enduring everyday.

Sorry for posting this guys,just when i looked at the myspace and noticed the parents had logged in on the page today i just started thinking and got really emotional.

Makes you sick doesnt it? Whats the darn holdup???

Yes it does,i check on this case everyday and pray for this family as everyday as well. The hardship of waiting must be grueling for the family.

I wonder if LE tried to talk to the friend of Travis that failed the poly. He retained an attorney after the failed poly but if I were LE I would be on that kid's tail all of the time.
Make him so nervous he would finally tell what he knows.
Travis was at the friend's house last.
Called his girlfiend when he got there and 20 minutes later he couldn't be reached and hasn't been seen since.

Something happened to Travis after he got to his friend's house. I wonder if there was someone there who decided that they wanted his car?

That car could be anywhere with different license plates on it and no one would pay any attention to it. There were probably some that envied Travis that car as it sounds like a hot one.

My heart goes out to his parents. I can't imagine being in their shoes and surviving.

Bobbisangel, Well said!...
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to suspect something happened to Travis in those 20 minutes, and where he was..:bang:

This so-called friends house is where Le should start looking, imo..if Travis EVER left the friends house location, he could not have gotten father than a 20 minute drive from the house..
This gives us a 20 minute time frame of his disappearance, imo..

Travis called his girlfiend when he got there and 20 minutes later he couldn't be reached and hasn't been seen since, (April 2007)..
IF by a long shot Travis did leave his friends to meet his fiancee' for lunch, what road would he have taken?

There seems to be only 797 people living in Catawba county?
Travis Baker, 19, was last seen leaving a friend's house on April 16 around Oxford School Road near the town of Catawba.
Quote:
Investigators said Baker was last seen at a friend’s home on April 19.
He reportedly phoned his fiancée on the day of his disappearance to make lunch plans but failed to show up.
Quote:
More than 70 volunteers walked along miles of rural roads Sunday morning as they resumed the search for a Catawba County teen missing since April.

I checked to see how far Claremont NC was from Catawba NC, they seem to be very close, 4.77 miles apart or a 8 minute drive.

Catawba to Charlotte is 48 miles...

Thinking outside the box, this seems to be in the county.
What if, someone responsible, using a backhoe or bulldozer buried Travis Bakers car in order to hide it and cover the crime?

On the map there seems to be a lot of water and lakes not far.
Another thought is 'someone' could have ran the Car into the water to get rid of it..

http://titancast.titantv.com/p/whky/s/UPDATE-Missing-Travis-Baker/1ACF10Y8.aspx

Update FEb,16,2009

After extensive searching for his son Dewayne Baker talks to Jim Karas about a new lead in the case.

Bless Travis's dad - when he talked about staying busy/active so that he didn't start thinking, I just got all teary eyed. I can so relate to the need to escape one's own thoughts. Prayers for this family and for Travis. I hope he comes home soon. I also hope the family gets those test results soon so that they can move forward.

Salem

It's March, has anyone heard anything about the DNA test or the dental comparisons??..:Justice:

On Travis's myspace,his mom posted:

THERE HAS BEEN NO NEWS AS OF YET MARCH 6TH, ON THE REMAINS FOUND IN JANUARY 2008. WE ARE STILL WAITING TO HEAR SOMETHING FROM AUTHORITIES. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU CONTINUED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. GOD BLESS.

No Where to Turn for Family of Missing Son
Travis Baker’s case joins the rising number of missing person cold cases

Wilmington, N.C. – the family of Travis Baker once again dread the upcoming date of April 16th,
As it remains a constant reminder of their son and him vanishing without a trace.

Travis Lee Baker was last seen in Catawba County in North Carolina on April 16, 2007; neither Travis nor his candy apple red 1998 camero, NC tag number WRP8627 has been recovered. Mr. Baker has three tattoos, his last name in capital letters across his back, the name “Hallie” on his chest and red & black tribal band on his upper left and right arm. Travis has a 2 inch scar on his left upper thigh from a sport injury.

Since his disappearance many rumors and speculation have invaded the small town community of Catawba County, one being Travis was involved in a drug deal gone bad which may have lead to his becoming a missing person; although the proof of this fact is nothing more than hearsay. “I do not think what a person was or was not doing should give anyone the right to hurt or murder a person”, said Dwayne Baker, the father of Travis. “All children will makes mistakes and are guilty of making bad decisions in life, Travis was nineteen years old and was still growing up”, he would have never fallen far from his roots and values instilled by his loved ones”, Mr. Baker added.

“Families of the missing are the victims of various crimes and should be treated as such; they have the right to be informed of their case progress and be treated with empathy”, said Monica Caison, CUE’s founder. Recently information surfaced of human remains that were found in Charlotte, N.C. last December; the family of Travis Baker has made inquiries to officials and the media to only be told when they find out, the family will be notified. After waiting four long months Dwayne Baker inquired himself and found out that his son was excluded in the first week of the discovery. “It’s frustrating that we, the families of the missing have to work on our own to get answers, we are the ones out here that cannot sleep and worry every minute of the day”, Mr. Baker said.

The family and friends of the missing youth have conducted public events in hope that a tip would be called in and have conducted searches in an effort to aid local authorities; in addition to keep focused they have attending conferences for the missing to be empowered in their journey and have took a leap further in obtaining training and attending searches for other missing persons, even traveling out of state.

Just this past January Dwayne Baker answered the call for a search conducted by the CUE Center for Missing Persons in collaboration with many levels of law officials in South Carolina for Alice Donovan, a woman who was car jacked and murdered in 2006 by two Kentucky escaped prisoners. Mr. Baker was involved in the search effort that discovered her remains. “To keep my sanity, I try to give back, it’s the right thing to do”, said Dwayne Baker. We all have the right as American citizens, my son and I both have rights and I will continue to exercise them and for the victims who have no voice.

Just this week, another set back for the Baker family as they learned that no entry was made for their son Travis into CODIS, a Texas lab that handles the nations DNA process for missing persons. Over a year ago the inquiry was made on this matter to officials and he was informed Travis was entered, but he is not, “I will move forward to make sure my son has every advantage for what is available to identify him and or locate him”, Mr. Baker said. Today’s technology such as CODIS is free to law officials across the country and set in place for the victims and should be utilized, said CUE’s founder, Monica Caison.

On Thursday, April 16, 2009, at 7:00pm the Baker family will host a candle light vigil in honor of Travis at his bill board that was erected last year by the CUE Center for Missing Persons across form the Bunker Hill Exxon Station and welcome the public’s attendance. “It is hard on all of us who love Travis, to know another year has passed by and we are no closer to answers concerning his disappearance, but I will be there to show my love and support”, said, long time family friend, Jerry Sigmon.

If anyone has information on the whereabouts of Travis Baker please contact the Catawba County Sheriff’s Department at (828) 464-5241 or CUE Center for Missing Persons (910) 343-1131 or the 24 hour line (910) 232-1687, or visit his web site, tipsters can remain anonymous.

In 1994 the CUE Center for Missing Persons was founded to aid cases of missing persons nationwide; funded entirely by donations, and staffed by volunteers. CUE Founder Monica Caison, has dedicated her life to the plight of missing people; which is focused on finding the missing, advocating for their causes, and supporting their families. Since its inception, CUE has helped more than 8,700 families in what is often the most confusing and desperate times of their lives

CUE Center for Missing Persons
PO Box 12714
Wilmington, NC 28405
(910) 343-1131
(910) 232-1687
cuecenter@aol.com
www.ncmissingpersons.org

The date on this thread is wrong. Travis went missing in April. It's been 2 years today. My prayers for his family and friends that one day there will be answers.

Vigil scheduled tonight on two-year anniversary of area resident disappearing
4/16/2009

A vigil is scheduled for tonight in honor of Travis Baker, who has been missing two years today. Baker, who is now 21 years old, went missing April 16th of 2007. Baker was last seen at the Bunker Hill Exxon on Oxford School Road, that is where tonight's candlelit vigil will be held starting at 7 p.m. The public is invited to attend. When Baker went missing he weighed 160 pounds, he is six feet tall with blue eyes and brown hair. Baker has three tattoos, one with his last name in capital letters across his back, the name “Hallie” on his chest, and a red and black tribal band on his upper left and right arms. If you have any information on Baker’s whereabouts call the CUE Center for Missing Persons at 910-343-1131 or 910-232-1687.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/19845254/detail.html

Travis Baker's Remains Possibly Found Buried In Woods
Posted: 12:09 pm EDT June 24, 2009
Updated: 12:37 pm EDT June 24, 2009

CATAWBA CO., N.C. -- The State Bureau of Investigation found skeletal remains that they believe could be Travis Baker, a teenager who disappeared more than two years ago.

Travis Baker was last seen as he left for work in Hickory in April 2007. Since then, people have spent hundreds of hours looking for him and his red Camaro.

Right now investigators are on their way to Chapel Hill to positively identify the remains they found in the woods behind a house on Eulalia Lane in Catawba County.

The search warrant said Baker was murdered and that he and a piece of his car were buried in those woods.

Neighbors say investigators have been on the scene since Monday. Police are releasing very little information right now. They hope to have the remains identified by this afternoon.

almost time for local news, waiting to see if i hear an update as i live near here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back