NC NC - Tyarra Williams, 19, Greensboro, 7 Jan 2016

I'm baffled at this one. So I had to refresh my memory. I went back to this article from Greensboro News & Record:
http://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...cle_8387f85e-a2d2-5c1f-8b5f-f3dea8f93548.html

When I first saw an address on Webster Road (246 Webster?) I thought she lived at a house on Webster Rd with her mother and walked to Stoneybrook. Now I see I was making too many assumptions. Her mother also apparently lived in Stoneybrook Apartments and she was with her mother that night with her teenage brother and boyfriend. BUT Tyarra apparently lived with her grandmother, Vanessa Neal, in another apartment in the same complex. So when Tyarra did not come back to her mother's I guess it was assumed she returned to her grandmother's apartment as Tyarra is not noted to be missing till the next day. (I had forgotten that part.) So, from this article and other media:
- Detectives state her cellphone GPS shows she made it to the friend’s apartment. But they stopped short of saying if the friend acknowledged she had been there. Did she make it to the apartment and no one was there? Did someone else answer the door because the friend was not there?

- Detectives indicate her phone leaves the area of that apartment and was traveling back to her home. But that does mean she had the phone. The detectives also do not indicate how long she was at the apartment before returning. So we don’t know how long she was in the vicinity of the apartment.

- Detectives have indicated the phones GPS shows her leaving the friend’s apartment. But that is as far they will indicate. We don’t know where her phone last pinged or when.

- Since this is a friend at Stoneybrook Apartments could she have made that trip several times before? And with what frequency?

Everything seems to center in this apartment complex. This would appear to involve another resident of the apartment complex, a visitor in the complex or someone who was lurking in the complex. That last one would make it difficult to solve. I hope LE has something more that this from the searches or Tyarra's cell phone history.

Is there any new information on this case? Her 21st birthday just came and past about 3 weeks ago and I have seen nothing locally on the news.

Is there any new information on this case? Her 21st birthday just came and past about 3 weeks ago and I have seen nothing locally on the news.

The February article I posted above is the last I've seen. Since then, not a peep from media or LE. It could be a visitor or someone else from outside the apartment complex, but my bet is on someone who lives there in one of the apartments. I wonder if someone in the complex knows but is scared to come forward.

I just watched a YouTube video about Tyarra and find her case so sad. Not only do there seem to be no leads, there also has been no coverage since the article posted by JerseyGirl above. The facebook group for her search is still somewhat active. I am sure her family must be hurting...

Have there ever been any true leads in this case?

This is one of the cases I check up on periodically. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much coverage. And LE isn't saying anything.

She was on the new Disappeared episode tonight. Very sad story :(

I caught the Disappeared episode. Seemed to be pretty thorough with what has been shared here for the most part... I think foul play and that someone in that complex knows something, I agree...

I caught the Disappeared episode. Seemed to be pretty thorough with what has been shared here for the most part... I think foul play and that someone in that complex knows something, I agree...

I agree. And most likely someone in that complex or with ties to someone in that apartment complex. SOMEONE knows something. This is someone's daughter, niece, granddaughter and they are missed!

Tyarra Williams was last seen on the afternoon of January 7, 2016, walking in the parking lot of the apartment complex in Greensboro, North Carolina where the 19-year-old lived with her family. She left on foot to go see a friend, but never returned home. Officials have said they were able to use her cellphone GPS tracker to confirm she made it to her friend’s apartment, and appeared to be headed back home when she disappeared. Family members insist Tyarra would never have run away, and say she was planning to start classes soon on early childhood development at Guilford Technical Community College nearby.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back