NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

Yep she will testify after lunch. She went over to her father and about broke down in the courtroom; crying into his shoulder. It was pretty sad.

G'morning WSers... I am NEVER going to catch up watching all the trial footage, so thanks for the quick updates and summaries. y'all rock.

Back from lunch, and Vanessa is on the stand.

I think Judge Hudson ruled that they couldn't talk about the underage girl - too prejudicial.

Yeah, Chiquita - they ended up getting married, actually. They were married for about 3 months, IIRC.

"You can't bruise your second wife while you're under scrutiny for harming your first wife." VP (I might have gotten the end of that quote a little off)

Those Dream Police WERE inside of his head!

Opinions: How do you think Vanessa is doing on the stand? I think she's doing quite well. Emotions aside, she is very articulate!! She's saying a lot of things that I would expect the DT to object to. They are not. Wow. I have to give her props. She's doing great. I hope she holds up under cross.

(If you believe in this kind of stuff, send her good thoughts, energy, or prayers. She is the one person who can paint a picture of the real Raven for the jury.)

"People are entitled to their opinions, and I took it as such." VP re: WS

Bravo!!

I thought it was interesting she was able to say as much as she did without it being objected. Very brave of her to testify.

I thought VP did a great job on the stand. I can't even imagine how difficult all this has been on her.

I had to turn the trial off due to a wonderful surprise.... my DDIL brought my DGD over for lunch. "Dog-dogs and juice-juice" for lunch. :D I'll be back later.

Thanks for being here you all. Please post anything new and exciting. ♥

Dang. we had company. Are they done for today already? I left just a few minutes in the detective's cross. Geez. I'm beginning to agree with the defense.
LE left a lot to be desired. I didn't like the wit's answer - Three had it before me, and I wondered why none of them had charged yet. Wow - what a confidence builder for the jurors to hear.
I've been locked out of WS most of the day for some reason. It won't even let me enter my name and password. Or if I put it in, it just reverts back to "enter user name" Weird!

ETA: When I re-read this, what I meant when I said I'm starting to agree with the def, was not about Raven. I believe he is guilty, but I am shocked at what I believe to be lack of LE interest and carry through. Janet's family must have been going nuts waiting for them to really investigate the murder of their daughter and sister. I'm annoyed, and I'm not even connected.

I am really trying to reconcile the bridal shower episode with VP moving ahead with the marriage. I can't.

Let me rephrase. I do not believe she married him to get more information about Janet's murder. I mean, who does that ffs? She married him because she was in love with him back then. And that's fine --- she didn't know what a he was just yet. Glad she found out on time

<3 <3 <3 Vanessa <3 <3 <3

She said her dad didn't like him, but he didn't say she couldn't marry him, etc. She wanted to think the best of him and she was in love with him, and he was a charmer. He had raised Kaiden by himself (hah!) and that made her love him, too.

(I'm betting her LE father wanted to kill him after this was over; and there, across the courtroom, is the *advertiser censored* who caused his sweet & trusting daughter so much pain -- his daughter!! You know how dads are about their daughters. And the pitiful piece of protoplasm had already killed his first wife.)

This woman has had some hard knocks in her lifetime -- IINM, she said her first marriage was "annulled"... I am not Mormon, but maybe someone could answer -- is that the proper way to end a marriage, possibly due to the "sealing" aspect of their faith and a temple wedding (assuming her first marriage was sealed)? And now she ends her 2nd marriage so quickly. Poor, sweet, trusting, and self-admittedly naive woman.

She said she got very curious about RA's 1st wife's death, so she "started Googling, reading everything I saw." I'm betting she ran into WEBSLEUTHS that way, as many of us prolly did. (That's how I found this amazing place, BTW!) Then she just up & contacted DPD and had talks with them after letting them know what her relationship with RA was. They wanted info from her as well...

So that's the name of that game.

Let me rephrase. I do not believe she married him to get more information about Janet's murder. I mean, who does that ffs? She married him because she was in love with him back then. And that's fine --- she didn't know what a he was just yet. Glad she found out on time

<3 <3 <3 Vanessa <3 <3 <3

I love her as a witness too, my little coffee bean!:seeya:

She was strong and the DT knew better than to object or question her too much. Her knowledge, IMO, was very hurtful and too potentially dangerous to RA for them to probe much. I wonder if this soft-spoken, vulnerable (maybe not as much now, I hope) and very believable woman has EVER told a lie. Really, I do.

Oh, I hope she is having a happy life now -- I'm glad she still has her daddy. She needs him still.

An excellent, excellent witness, IMO. Kudos to her and her strength!

:heartbeat: .. :rose: .. :rose: .. :heartbeat:

I had totally forgotten about the spouse testifying against a former spouse thing. It is the same in all states? Anyone know off the top of your head the exact rule before I go look it up?
I'm assuming that's why she could offer nothing during the time of their marriage?
at what point did he admit to her he had done it?

I had totally forgotten about the spouse testifying against a former spouse thing. It is the same in all states? Anyone know off the top of your head the exact rule before I go look it up?
I'm assuming that's why she could offer nothing during the time of their marriage?
at what point did he admit to her he had done it?

I believe Vanessa was only allowed to testify to what happened prior to and up to the date of her marriage. To testify to anything that happened during her marriage, I believe that Raven would have had to sign off on it lol. --LIKE THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! --

Can you all imagine the horror stories that she must have had during the married time together?

My thoughts and prayers are with Annabelle, Mackensie and Vanessa, three very very brave woman.

Annabelle had nothing to gain by testifying. It was probably extremely embarrassing, knowing that her personal life was out there.

What is so horrible is that we know that these stories of the true Raven BARELY break the surface of what he has done in his life. For that that have come forward there are many more that haven't come forward, are afraid to come forward and that is just horrible to me.

"That's retribution" Raven Abaroa....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin