NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police take furniture, evidence from Hickory house where Zahra lived
Adam Baker says: "I don’t know. Everybody knows more than me."

HICKORY --
Three pieces of bedroom furniture were brought out of the house where Zahra Baker and her parents lived. All the items were wrapped in plastic, by police authorities Friday morning.

A bed frame, mattress and box springs were brought out after another extensive search of the yard and the house at 21 21st Ave. NW. They also brought two bags containing evidence.
---

and more, including Adam Baker statement, at
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...iture-evidence-hickory-house-where-ar-459903/

My heart just aches for Zahra...why are people coming forward NOW with all these claims of abuse?

Seems likely it's because the police are initiating contact with them now, so avoiding contact with police is no longer an option. Previously it was, and was apparently a higher priority, at least for some of them, than getting Zahra away from a brutal abuser.

Thursday afternoon, police requested that media outlets turn over raw video of interviews of family and friends involved in the case.

Hickory Police Maj. Clyde Deal said the department is trying to follow up on every possible lead, including trying to verify that statements given by family and friends are consistent.

"If they tell the media one thing and they tell us something different, it's a flag," he said.

They have received hundreds of tips from the public, including reports of strange odors and suspicious vehicles or people around sites connected with the case.

HICKORY --
Three pieces of bedroom furniture were brought out of the house where Zahra Baker and her parents lived. All the items were wrapped in plastic, by police authorities Friday morning.

A bed frame, mattress and box springs were brought out after another extensive search of the yard and the house at 21 21st Ave. NW. They also brought two bags containing evidence.
---

and more, including Adam Baker statement, at
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...iture-evidence-hickory-house-where-ar-459903/

If the dogs did not hit on anything outside maybe the red gooie glove did not have blood on it

Any locals out there who can tell us more about what looks to be a bridge where 21st Ave. NW/6th St. NW crosses an inlet of Lake Hickory? (ETA and I am a tech primitive so on that map pushpin "A" marks 21 21st Ave NW, and the bridge I am looking at is in the northwest corner of the map, sans pushpin.)

I'm looking at this map.

Apologies if this is a repeat, but here goes:

This bridge is near several condo/townhouses = relatively high rent district of Hickory. Not sure about water depth at bridge. If I remember right, motor boat access is not allowed past the bridge (up the cove) because it gets pretty shallow past the bridge. I would imagine traffic through here would be very light at night. Glenn Hilton Park is nearby, which has trails and foot access to the upper part of that cove. The gates close at sundown though, and it's a relatively busy place even on weekdays.
I grew up about 5 minutes from here, so I'm familiar (but maybe rusty) with the area. I actually have been fishing in that cove in a canoe, but it's been 15 years or more. Hope that helps!

Oh I missed that part of the show Velouria thanks! Oh yeah I think he might be right about that one.

Kat, I think he actually said it on Wednesday night's program. That is, he did his best to say it as Nancy kept interrupting. Boy, if ever anyone had narcissistic tendencies, it's NG, but I digress...

Off topic but I read a book not too long ago and I can't remember the title right now but it was a non-fiction about personality disorders (it might have been about ASPD and covered some others in comparison) but I remember reading a particular passage where a professional said that BP's could be much scarier and much more dangerous than someone with ASPD. If the circimstances were right.

I haven't forgotten that one.

I can see that, since anti-socials may be evil and calculating, but they're often methodical, whereas borderlines are also wild and unpredictable to boot.

As for the mattresses and box springs - either the dogs hit or there were questionable stains found on them. I wonder if they used luminol in there? I kinda think she was killed in that house as well. There has to be evidence - HAS TO BE!

I'm rather surprised they didn't take the mattress and boxspring before now, dogs or no dogs......like say, immediately after they declared it a homicide investigation.... :waitasec:

Having worked in public schools for a number of years, (and about to homeschool my oldest), there is a protocol. The counselor/secretary/principal (whoever records attendance/registration at the school) should have notified the central office. There is supposed to be paperwork filed for homeschooling students that is tracked by the central office/district office. Each state has its own laws regarding the process, so I'm not sure what they are in NC, but bottom line: checking on any student's enrollment should not have ended with that phone call.

Esepcially given that the *same* school district had been concerned enough about Zahra's home situation during the previous school year to ask DSS to go investigate!

If the dogs did not hit on anything outside maybe the red gooie glove did not have blood on it

I think the glove either absolutely had blood on it and law enforcement isn't going to talk about it at this time. Or it did NOT have blood and is insignificant to the case. It's one or the other.

Interesting to note that AB was driven in a chevy impala (the same one on the SW ?????) .

I really can't get over the fact that in every search AB is there with law enforcement.

I wish LE would say something or AB / EB would crack..... I'm spending way too much time following / thinking about this case.

<snipped for emphasis>

You knew PLENTY back when you still could have made a difference in your daughter's life, Dad. :furious:

I am working right now with two clients who have BPD. I think, truthfully, many of us could fit one 'disorder' or another. I have only to read the DSM to start thinking that I have alot of them....but BPD....

It's a weird thing. You love someone. And then, when they fall off their pedestal, or they feel you have emotionally abandoned (or otherwise abandoned) them, you set out to completely anilate and destroy them. You hate what you once loved, and then, maybe when they are punished enough, you round about and come back to them with big kind eyes like nothing ever happened and you want to be just back to where you were!

ugh.

I see SM, myself, as a narcissist. But BPD? Probably could fit that one in as well.

Oh I missed that part of the show Velouria thanks! Oh yeah I think he might be right about that one.

Off topic but I read a book not too long ago and I can't remember the title right now but it was a non-fiction about personality disorders (it might have been about ASPD and covered some others in comparison) but I remember reading a particular passage where a professional said that BP's could be much scarier and much more dangerous than someone with ASPD. If the circimstances were right.

I haven't forgotten that one.

Apologies if this is a repeat, but here goes:

This bridge is near several condo/townhouses = relatively high rent district of Hickory. Not sure about water depth at bridge. If I remember right, motor boat access is not allowed past the bridge (up the cove) because it gets pretty shallow past the bridge. I would imagine traffic through here would be very light at night. Glenn Hilton Park is nearby, which has trails and foot access to the upper part of that cove. The gates close at sundown though, and it's a relatively busy place even on weekdays.
I grew up about 5 minutes from here, so I'm familiar (but maybe rusty) with the area. I actually have been fishing in that cove in a canoe, but it's been 15 years or more. Hope that helps!

Thank you bdp! (And a belated WELCOME to WS! :balloons:)

I hate to think of them putting Zahra up there. I hope they didn't.

I definitely believe they would use it for a stash spot. AND, I'll bet they creeped around in the managers apartment when they gone.

Ugh

I'd like more information on the dogs they are using. Wishful thinking I know. But it's being reported that two NEW dogs were brought in. I wonder if it's because the hits from the previous dogs turned up nothing ?? What exactly were those dogs trained to detect and what are these new dogs trained in ?

Has LE confirmed they are using cadaver dogs anywhere? I've seen it stated by media several times, but it seems to me they are using different types of dogs looking for any possible shred of evidence. If that's the case a "hit" by a dog might be somewhat insignificant.

Where I am going with this is that it's a world of difference IMO if a blood scenting dog hits on a mattress and if a cadaver dog hits on a mattress.

ive wanted to know the same thing. everything ive seen just says k-9 units. Ihave a slow connection and cant watch videos so something may have been said in them that I dont know of.

I see SM, myself, as a narcissist. But BPD? Probably could fit that one in as well.

Respectfully Fyrecat, I think a true narcissist would never see themselves as a narcissist. I don't think they're capable of that much honest introspection.

You look okay to me. :)

lol!
I wanted to hear more about this case last night, so put on NG. It was difficult to listen to her. She's so obnoxious she's comical sometimes. My husband calls her 'hatchet face', and my 10 year old neighbor refers to her as the 'mean voice lady'.

Kat, I think he actually said it on Wednesday night's program. That is, he did his best to say it as Nancy kept interrupting. Boy, if ever anyone had narcissistic tendencies, it's NG, but I digress...

I

Maybe EB has been poisoning Zarha (hence the "stomach virus" AB spoke of and the reason she was never seen outside) and she died in bed. EB could have panicked when she realized she would be blamed/caught, disposed of the body then created the kidnapping hoax to cover her tracks but the car never ignited.

IMO of course!
I'm leaning toward this theory after hearing about the "stomach virus". EB was probably sedating Zahra and maybe actually poisoning her to keep her easy to manipulate and control. Why would EB decide to home school? Zahra loved school and being with her friends according to her former classmates. It was Zahra's only outlet she had to be part of the outside world.
I think EB's abuse was escalating and she knew that she couldn't trust Zahra to keep quiet forever. EB knew that she was in the cross hairs of LE and DSS and it was only a matter of time-the only problem was these agencies (and family members) weren't fast acting enough to save Zahra.
This is all my opinion which is subject to change-although I don't think it will!:furious:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25402667/detail.html

Channel 9 checked with the Department of Social Services in Caldwell County where Zahra and her family lived before they moved to Hickory to see if they had any involvement with the family.

They sent Channel 9 a statement Friday morning. The statement reads “The Caldwell County Department of Social Services is prohibited from discussing, disclosing information or confirming or denying the department's involvement with any individual or family. All questions should be directed to the investigating agency in this case, which is the Hickory Police Department in Hickory, North Carolina”

I think the Australian press has showed admirable restraint in not outing the mother and subjecting her to the overwhelming and unwanted attention she would have gotten in the U.S., given the same circumstances - being hectored by every talk show to put her private life in public purview. It's good to be free of the tabloid mentality for a change. Sure, we all want info, but at what cost? I'm sure the mother has been given the opportunity of in-depth interviews; but for whatever reason she doesn't seem to want to participate. In her shoes, can we blame her?

Still negotiating for a big payday, perhaps? Who knows. I don't think she's going to get one, but she maybe imagining that she will.

Also I suppose there's some possibility that she's either in prison or a psychiatric institution, with officials there following policies to strictly limit any information about her from being published. They'd have to let her speak by phone with investigators if that was requested through the proper channels, but they could put very tight restrictions on release of information obtained from or about her.

so they took the whole bed. The frame, mattress and box spring - all wrapped in plastic. Something tested positive - you can bet your bottom dollar on that. I'm wondering if she had died in that bed and *****WARNING GRAPHIC***** the fluids that "appear" after death ran not only through the mattress and box spring but over the frame as well. Either that or she was beat and there was blood evidence on the frame.

The frame makes no sense - unless luminol was used and evidence found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside