NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ima, you ROCK! Thank you for putting those articles in one post like that!

It was WBTV here.

"...Earlier this morning, we spoke with a woman who claims she saw Zahra Baker 14 days before the girl was reported missing. Reporter Kay Johnson will have more on this story, Friday, on WBTV News 3 at 6 p.m."

Not so much with the 6 p.m. report? :waitasec:

Well, that is big news if true, isn't it?

(bombshell, even?)

I'm still taking a break but I want to share one of her favorite songs again. Before her my space was taken down. AC/DC Highway to Hell. Always loved this song. I wrote down all of her music. This just keeps going thru my mind. Also my heart and stomach.UGH!

Well, that is big news if true, isn't it?

(bombshell, even?)

I don't think I believe anything that comes from any of these people at this point (friends, family, neighbors). I haven't seen one yet I'd let mow my grass.

NG is off today, Jean C. is on, for those prefer her; starting with Zahra-

yes yes yes - they said Zahra was "limping". That poor poor child - she had well outgrown her leg. Have to wonder if some of those fights weren't about being able to get her a new leg?

Zahra may well could have outgrown her prosthetic leg. They came to the US in Nov. 08 (as I recall) and she went missing (ugh) sometime perhaps in mid Sept. to sometime last Sat.

How Often Does My Child Need a New Prosthesis?
http://www.amputee-coalition.org/expectations/prostheses.html
snip-
Though there’s not a lot of detailed literature on the exact frequency of replac*ing limbs, a study by Dr. Claude Lambert at the University of Illinois found that children, on average, require a new lower-limb prosthesis annually up to the age of 5, every two years from ages 5 to 12, then every 3 to 4 years to the age of 21.

Ok NG is on - Jean is filling in tonight.

Seems the landlady and her husband (the apt with the attic) are going to be on.

Also, just today's news about the mattress and bed being taken outta the home.
Saying removing bedroom furniture and BAGS of evidence. I don't remember hearing about bags of evidence. hhhmmmm......

2-hr search at home with AB there, consented to search, using new cadaver dogs...
two bags of evidence as well as bed and frame...

Inmates have to call to the outside COLLECT and all calls are monitored and recorded except attorney/client.

LE has searched

The home in Hickory, NC
The Apartment in Granite Falls, NC
They are requesting to search inside and underneath the trailer in Sawmills, NC

BBM

Are they planning on doing that tomorrow or do you know? TIA!

NG Show:
JeanC: removed mattress, bed frame, box spring and bags of evidence from home

Natisha: AB there; 2 hour search; 2 canine units (new) used - cadaver dogs-fresh to search;
JeanC: it's a twin mattress

About a dozen investigators...

people have been in and out of property all week...(not LE, just the public apparently)

Natisha: AB was inside home; walked w/head down; said media knew more than he does; said he would bring her back to AU if that is what she wants

Natisha: was at the home today. AB was at the scene. 2 hour search and AB consented to search. 2 different cadavar dogs alternated from the inside to the outside. 2 bags of evidence plus mattress, box spring and frame.

Talked to one of the handlers - said no hits outside but wouldn't comment on the inside.
Size of mattress - it was a twin
A dozen investigators on the scene.
AB was with investigators inside the home
Investigators went out the front door - AB went out the back

So it seems there might have been "hits" by the dogs on the inside.

Was promised on a local channel to be broadcast at 6 p.m. tonight.

ETA: Fire was reported (by whom? do we have verifiable source?) and FD/LE on scene by 530 a.m.. Assuming it took them a bit to control fire, survey scene, etc., and then you're all wound up from such a weird occurrence, how do you fall back asleep at 7:30? And in the midst of all this, how do you, Adam, not check on your own daughter during or after the FD visit, to make sure she was not unduly scared by what was going on outside the house and tuck her back into bed? There's a fire of random origin in your yard, FD responds with lights flashing etc, and no one goes to comfort a potentially-scared-out-of-her-sleep 10 year old?

There are toooo many missing pieces here. I suspect/hope this is because LE knows more than they may be letting on.

Excellent post...:rocker: :toast:

Strange how he speaks of his panic, and never checks on his daughter...

Okay folks, I have been on this thread pratically nonstop from the get, when not posting, then lurking and thanking for updates.

My family is missing me and I am feeling guitly. My littles ones are here and not missing, they want their mommy.

I am taking a short break to spend some quality time with them.

T

Darryl & Shirley M: managers of apt complex where lived last yr
wife: July 2009-Nov 2009 when i asked them to move out

wife: only saw her ONCE---the day they moved in
i didnt have any idea that she was livin there; she didnt even look at us; walked frm their car into the apt--thats it

ok, now would he be allowed to phone his wife in jail - like would LE be asking him not to contact her?

I just wonder that in that 4 min. interview, he said he hadn't spoken to her & I'd think that I would be on that phone hysterically demanding answers ...

so when was the interview & had he had time to get in contact with her? and if so, why had he not called her? I would be asking that question if I were the reporter

You don't call people in jail-- they call you -collect. (since he isn't at home where would she call him anyway? here prisoners can't call cell phones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member