NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now - Natisha is outside the apt with the attic. Lived there from 7/09 to 11/09. Couple saying they never saw Zahra even when they moved out

Landlord/mgrs on camera
Moved in 7/09 stayed til 11/09 when asked to move out

How often did she see Zahra - never saw her - only 1 time when they moved in
The day they moved in - thought it was a grand daughter or something. Zahra walked from the car into the apt and didn't even look at the lady.
She believes they kept her in the attic.

PLEASE PLEASE ASK ABOUT THE SCHOOL - We know Zahra was going to school at that time!!!!!!!!

wife, re the attic-we wld hear noises up in t attic, but when moved out we never heard the noises again

As long as it is positive.

A bit more clarification on this. :)

We can disagree with how NG is handling an interview. The basic vents about her show and what she says (repeatedly) and wears, etc. are not allowed. Just keep comments about her and her guests as they pertain to today's show. The other stuff can take over a thread and is distracting to the case. Thanks!

husband: me and owner doin walk thru---closet door was missing; shelf was missing; footprints on t sides of t door facing to; the closet door was totally gone

above is t reason they think she was livin in the attic (as well as noises from the attic never heard once they moved out)

OMG! Possibly kept in an attic!! This is probably old news for you guys but I've been gone yesterday and just turned the news on now. This is so horrible!! Where is Zahra? Geez

Oh how I hope SOMEONE asks about Zahra going to school at this time. I have to wonder that even though we were told that she was in school - how often was she actually going? What was her attendance record? Maybe she didn't start at that school until AFTER they moved out in November and the school didn't report the dates right.

Oh man, I really need a cocktail!!!!

omg!! this case is the most heartbreaking case that I have ever heard of. :(

Inmates have to call to the outside COLLECT and all calls are monitored and recorded except attorney/client.

LE has searched

The home in Hickory, NC
The Apartment in Granite Falls, NC
They are requesting to search inside and underneath the trailer in Sawmills, NC

:blushing: In case you missed this, they are going to search the trailer aren't they?

Furniture store employees remember seeing Zahra Baker 14 days before disappearance

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Employees at a Hickory furniture store say they remember seeing Zahra Baker and her stepmother in the store 14 days before she was reported missing.

Linda Austin says she noticed the little girl had a prosthetic leg and heard her stepmother call her by her name. "And I thought that was a strange name, which it is it's different, pretty but different," Austin said.

"She was standing in the aisle way and as I walked past, I put my hand on her shoulder and said excuse me sweetheart and she looked at me and smiled," Pat Adams added.
---

more at
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

D & S Mimms, mgrs of apt lived in one yr ago:

- never saw her in 4 mo.'s, only 1x at move-in; thought granddaughter

- re registration form: t owner took t application, he rented it to them; said there were 3 occupants, but only had his and her name---t little girl's name wasnt on the application

Been lurking for years, finally decided I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore so I joined.... And finally got caught up on all of these threads, now I have no words......

That is very interesting - 3 occupants but only 2 name. Why didn't that woman ask about that?

Hate to say this but should they not have taken her bed,etc. earlier on?TIA

Those of you that have been on Websleuths for a long time is this case the most horrifying one you have ever heard of? I mean it is me. This is just so cruel.

Been lurking for years, finally decided I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore so I joined.... And finally got caught up on all of these threads, now I have no words......

Welcome! Get ready to go nuts with the rest of us nuts,lol...but we do try to be respectful and we long for these little ones to be found!

Caller: who is red-headed boy in ransom letter

JohnM, editor of H Daily Record:

- the son of Mr. C; yes, he does have a son; a son and a daughter

Those of you that have been on Websleuths for a long time is this case the most horrifying one you have ever heard of? I mean it is me. This is just so cruel.
Yes and no. It certainly ranks up there in the "particularly heinous" column that's for sure.

Welcome mommy23 :) It is a horrible case very sad. Good to have you with us!

Ima

Caller: who is red-headed boy in ransom letter

JohnM, editor of H Daily Record:

- the son of Mr. C; yes, he does have a son; a son and a daughter

So there is a red headed son????????????????

ETA: Fire was reported (by whom? do we have verifiable source?) and FD/LE on scene by 530 a.m.. Assuming it took them a bit to control fire, survey scene, etc., and then you're all wound up from such a weird occurrence, how do you fall back asleep at 7:30? And in the midst of all this, how do you, Adam, not check on your own daughter during or after the FD visit, to make sure she was not unduly scared by what was going on outside the house and tuck her back into bed? There's a fire of random origin in your yard, FD responds with lights flashing etc, and no one goes to comfort a potentially-scared-out-of-her-sleep 10 year old?

There are toooo many missing pieces here. I suspect/hope this is because LE knows more than they may be letting on.

Excellent post...:rocker: :toast:

Strange how he speaks of his panic, and never checks on his daughter...

Thanks frog, and :highfive: back atcha. LE may be cultivating him for all he's worth but there are too many red flags in Saturday's story for me to feel comfortable with AB as innocent witness to all this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member