NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=42118"]
member.php

under heavy manners

Trying to give him some benefit of the doubt. Hard to judge a man on the basis of a short GMA interview and a 39-second Q & A on WSOC.

...i'm basing my opinion of him on his role as a "father", and what he did to protect and look after his child.

...after meeting 'gothfairy', HIS life wasn't so lonely anymore,he met her, married her, and came back to the U.S. with her------oh happy day. for HIM.

...fast forward to just last week, and he can't even come up with when he last saw his own daughter------using bedtimes to try to narrow this (hard question) down. how about NON bedtimes?? didn't they eat meals together? do that home-schooled homework together? go for a walk? a drive? play out in the yard? phone grandmum back home?

...everyone else allegedly saw signs of abuse-------is he blind? no. useless? apparently.

...i don''t believe for one second that he's innocent in this AT all.

...at the very least he's guilty of child endangerment, and, IMO,much more.

...no wonder he keeps saying he wants to (find her and) return home.

...welcome to NC, and the DP, and the real world AB.

And a lot of those databases don't "talk" to one another, so a death, even though checkable online, might have to be handchecked and we know people don't always do their jobs :waitasec:

I have heard of many cases where someone has died in thier childs home and it wasnt reported for several months....when figured out they say I didnt know I had to send the money back!!! DUH mostley it was people who got thier monthly welfare check reduced by a few $ until it was paid back??? Hate to say it but thats how the US does it more than not.... also on the point of good printers maybe AB was using part of the
aussie passport with the white back ground pics and hoping to come up with something passable...DEVILS ADVOCATE AT HER WORSE OR BEST YOU DECIDE :angel:...JMO

And a lot of those databases don't "talk" to one another, so a death, even though checkable online, might have to be handchecked and we know people don't always do their jobs :waitasec:

I'm sorry to quote you twice. I don't mean to pick on you, I promise!

I just wanted to point out, for information sake for those reading, that when you run a SS# all of that information comes up. You don't need to do a separate search for death. It will say deceased Y or deceased N right in plain sight as soon as you run the number.

SSI is a nightmare.

Just a thought here, SHE may have tried to MAKE Zahra eligible ,and took it way tooooooooo far? I dont know anymore,but I do know that if I were allowed to interrogate her I would torture her till she spilled!!!!:furious::furious::furious:

ITA audreyfan - I bet he was working under the table. Probably had a deal with MC that included rent on the place they just moved in to. Our economy over here is really in the toilet and EVERYBODY is playing games and "doing stuff" (working under the table, trading skills - ie a drywaller will do some work for a mechanic for trade; etc.)

EB was probably in dire straits moneywise. Wheels were turning - "how can we get some of this gov't cheese" type deal.

Not that easy here in NC, right now with this health care poo-poo going on ,it would be very difficult for them to get any kind of aid,ESPECIALLY if they are not citizens. I do believe though that through their marriage and a possible 1 year wait they would be eligible for citizenship. Not 100% sure but probable.
It would also be difficult for Zahra to collect SSI, simply because she seemed as though she was a "normal" functioning child.But I could be wrong.I do have years of xp with SSI and Im not quite sure if Zahra qualified 100%.

Eb and AB are married, that allows AB and Zahra to enter the country- taht makes AB is eligible to work here which be default means he got a SS#.

Zahra is a legal alien, disabled and a child- that makes her eligible for SSI and Medicaid.
SSI payments for a child with a disability are dependent on family income.

So they didn't need to fake anything to get aide they already qualify.

Now addressing the whole the whole idea there was a plan to go away and come back without Zahra is ridiculous- the fact that there was a verified sighting of Zahra and those witnesses have said she was clean and happy tells me they were not locking her up in the attic and starving her. Nor where they hiding the fact that she existed.

this case is horrifying as it is I honestly don't think we need to add fiction to make things worse.

under heavy manners
Blog Entries: [URL="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?u=42118"]11

Trying to give him some benefit of the doubt. Hard to judge a man on the basis of a short GMA interview and a 39-second Q & A on WSOC.

...i'm basing my opinion of him on his role as a "father", and what he did to protect and look after his child.

...after meeting 'gothfairy', HIS life wasn't so lonely anymore,he met her, married her, and came back to the U.S. with her------oh happy day. for HIM.

...fast forward to just last week, and he can't even come up with when he last saw his own daughter------using bedtimes to try to narrow this (hard question) down. how about NON bedtimes?? didn't they eat meals together? do that home-schooled homework together? go for a walk? a drive? play out in the yard? phone grandmum back home?

...everyone else allegedly saw signs of abuse-------is he blind? no. useless? apparently.

Yes, I hear what you're saying. But most of the information here is hearsay. I don't particularly care for the gentleman either. But presumption of innocence until guilt is proven is an established right since the time of Magna Carta.

I just doubt he had a green card; I think he and Zahra came over on a visitor's visa and simply never left. I bet he was working under the table. If he were working as a contractor, then his employer might not have responsibility for checking his legal status.

That's certainly possible. But since he'd be eligible for residency with the right to work here, by virtue of his marriage, it would have made sense to go that route. If he didn't have the sense to pursue that himself, I would think his longsuffering mamma would have tried to lead him through the process by the nose, if only to try to help ensure some security and stability for Zahra.

My friend has a prostetic leg. It must fit exactly right. If it doesn't, the rubbing of the skin of his stump against it can easily cause sores & blisters. Then it can become easily infected which can have serious complications.

With a growing child, it must be even more important to have regular fittings/adjustments. It doesn't seem like Zahra received any of the care she really needed. I don't know where I'm going with this. She wasn't in school. Was she even seeing doctors? Ever since she's been in the U.S.? I just can't get her off my mind.

I just wish they could find her. If AB or EB has even one ounce of decency left in them, they will tell LE where she is.

I'm sorry to quote you twice. I don't mean to pick on you, I promise!

I just wanted to point out, for information sake for those reading, that when you run a SS# all of that information comes up. You don't need to do a separate search for death. It will say deceased Y or deceased N right in plain sight as soon as you run the number.

My mom died at home and my dad, a couple years later died in the hospital...us siblings notified SS right away of their deaths. What if we didn't? Who does? TIA

These photos have oddly given me some hope. I keep thinking about the child in UK who was being hidden at her mother's behest for some sort of benefit. It went on, not too long, but longer than one would have thought.
I am now hoping this is part of some kind of scam the SM was trying to run, and Zahra is being hidden somewhere by someone of SM's acquaintance.

Eb and AB are married, that allows AB and Zahra to enter the country- taht makes AB is eligible to work here which be default means he got a SS#.

Zahra is a legal alien, disabled and a child- that makes her eligible for SSI and Medicaid.

Now addressing the whole the whole idea there was a plan to go away and come back without Zahra is ridiculous- the fact that there was a verified sighting of Zahra and those witnesses have said she was clean and happy tells me they were not locking her up in the attic and starving her. Nor where they hiding the fact that she existed.

this case is horrifying as it is I honestly don't think we need to add fiction to make things worse.

BBM

I don't agree that she qualified for SSI. It's possible but not a sure thing. You aren't considered disabled if your disabilities are improved by treatment; hearing aides and prostheses. We don't know how severe the hearing loss was. We do know that she could walk on her leg, as we've heard testimony about EB making her walk. We've also heard reports that her cancer was in remission.

My mom died at home and my dad, a couple years later died in the hospital...us siblings notified SS right away of their deaths. What if we didn't? Who does? TIA

The funeral home and the medical examiner/coroner notifies SSA of deaths. At least in NC they do.

Agh! I feel like I'm talking too much! It's just so exciting to talk about something I know about on here. I'm usually the one who has no idea what's going on, lol.

I'll note for the record that it's pretty clear grandmum wasn't doing much phoning to NC either (nor mum).

I just doubt he had a green card; I think he and Zahra came over on a visitor's visa and simply never left. I bet he was working under the table. If he were working as a contractor, then his employer might not have responsibility for checking his legal status.

This is what I've been thinking. Travel between the U.S. and Australia "with a passport" is almost as easy, as traveling between each state.

The visa waiver gives you 90 days.

I've mentioned before on these forums about my previous job with a lot of shady individuals and I saw first hand just how easily the visitor waiver can be abused.

Gosh, the first time I went to Australia, prior to Sept. 11 the day I purchased the airline ticket, the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) was initiated, just before arrival the flight attendants passed out a form and all I remember about it, was having to sign my name and date it.

The last the time I went, after the Sept 11, the only difference from prior trips, I had to pay a processing fee.

That's certainly possible. But since he'd be eligible for residency with the right to work here, by virtue of his marriage, it would have made sense to go that route. If he didn't have the sense to pursue that himself, I would think his longsuffering mamma would have tried to lead him through the process by the nose, if only to try to help ensure some security and stability for Zahra.

Even if one is married to a US citizen, if one has had a drug conviction elsewhere, one can never be legal here. I really wonder if AB had a conviction of some kind in OZ.

I know from personal experience the funeral home notified Social Security, as well as obtained additional copies of a death certificate. MOO

We don't know how, when or how often grandma in Oz was phoning here.

I said last night that EB and AB didn't have to report her missing. They could have simply told people around them that they sent her back to Australia to grandma and nobody would have been the wiser.

For them to report her missing - they had to be afraid of someone "nosing around". Who would they have been afraid of? Only one I can think of is grandma. You can't tell HER - 'oh we sent her back to Australia'.

I would like to know if she was calling or had even spoken to either AB or Zahra and how recently.

You are correct with everything except--(Zahra is a legal alien, disabled and a child- that makes her eligible for SSI and Medicaid).
All of this does not make her eligible for SSI and Medicaid automatically comes with SSI.
SSI has strict eligibilaty rules. Unless you know she collected then I dont know if we can even determine Z is eligible for it. Do you know if she was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500