NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the way the reporter wrote the article regarding Elisa's visitors; one of the visitors either looks like Adam or something like that. It appeared to me that the reporter wasn't really sure who it was. If I find the link, I will post it.

While Elisa Baker awaits her court appearance for obstructing justice, jail records show she has had three visitors, including a daughter, a man who appears to be a son-in-law and Adam Baker.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/Investigat...s-in-Zahra-Baker-disappearance-105200489.html

article was dated the 18th...

maybe he went thru the nutroll of visiting her but refused to speak to him.

frankly at this point I really don't believe what he says... lots of inconsistencies in many of his statements in the media vs what he said in the 911 call. ((if we had a forum his inconsistencies could be a thread unto intself))

IIRC, the way the reporter wrote the article regarding Elisa's visitors; one of the visitors either looks like Adam or something like that. It appeared to me that the reporter wasn't really sure who it was. If I find the link, I will post it.

You may be remembering the part about the second male visitor "appears to be her son-in-law". I don't think they meant he "looked like", though, I think they meant that it would seem he is her son-in-law, perhaps based on the name being the same as her daughter's or something. The link specifically mentions that one of the visitors was Adam, based on the records, not observation by reporters.

However, AB has contradicted himself numerous times, according to LE. So it wouldn't surprise me to learn that his statement about not speaking to EB was inaccurate. JMO

You may be remembering the part about the second male visitor "appears to be her son-in-law". I don't think they meant he "looked like", though, I think they meant that it would seem he is her son-in-law, perhaps based on the name being the same as her daughter's or something. The link specifically mentions that one of the visitors was Adam, based on the records, not observation by reporters.

However, AB has contradicted himself numerous times, according to LE. So it wouldn't surprise me to learn that his statement about not speaking to EB was inaccurate. JMO

Yup, you are correct. I just read the article and I remembered it the wrong way. It was "what appears to be the son-in-law" and Adam Baker. Thank you.

What I find with these articles online is that they use the first printed article and then add updates within the article. There could be an article that states "he never spoke to his wife" dated 10/15/10 and then an updated article on 10/18/10 where he visited his wife. :(

For instance:
Posted on October 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Updated yesterday (10/20/10) at 12:00 PM

This is what BUGS me with articles being updated when they originally come out 2 days before the update.

Please let today be the day little Zahra is no longer among the missing...

that is my wish, today.

Well just in case, I'm going to brace myself for her being released on bond. If she still has $6,500 left and can get a bondsman to post for her.

If Baker does make bond, which is now $65,000, she will have to wear an electronic ankle monitoring bracelet.

oh lord where is zahra....this case is haunting me :coffeeup:

Well just in case, I'm going to brace myself for her being released on bond. If she still has $6,500 left and can get a bondsman to post for her.

If Baker does make bond, which is now $65,000, she will have to wear an electronic ankle monitoring bracelet.

I thougt total bond was likewards $97k or something with all charges together :waitasec:

Nooooooooooooo

I thougt total bond was likewards $97k or something with all charges together :waitasec:

ok just read this, so she would need $9,500.

Elisa Baker's attorney Scott Reilly said after the court hearing that he doubts she will be able to raise enough money to pay for the bond. He also noted that Baker faces an additional bond of $30,000 in Burke County, where she has been charged with writing bad checks.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...calls-give-parents-version.html#ixzz12ztrb2Oc

It seems that if they bought a mattress from a local business, then the salesperson would have contacted LE to let them know about it. Of course, maybe they have been contacted and the information is being withheld from the public.

Mattresses are not cheap...even "cheap" ones are costly. Wondering how people who wrote so many bad checks and had so little money could afford a new mattress for a child that is no longer living?

Also, I'm curious about all these bad checks, when EB had $10,000 flowing over in smaller amounts over the course of a year....

I wonder if somehow the visit to the trailer park accounts for a new mattress. I believe it was stated they were near an EMPTY (unoccupied) trailer. Could they have taken it from the trailer ?

I think it f it were purchased from someone or even gotten on freecycle or craigslist someone would have told LE (which I suppose could have happened).

I too wonder about the money. It seems Elisa was getting $591 from disability. AB would have been making approx $1200 after taxes (figuring $10/hr at his job) and she's bringing in $833 a month from London guy. That's $2624 a month. Hardly rolling in money but it paints a different picture when writing so many bad checks for FOOD.

I would be a horrible candidate for that. I couldn't make it 30 seconds with out jumping on top of her to strangle the answers out of her. I would have no self control, my anger would get the best of me. I think we need someone highly trained in self control. Give them hip waders too so they can walk through high level of b.s. that would flow with EB droning on about her life. It would be a very difficult job. Metals of honor would be given to the person who made it through.

Sign me up.

didn't he visit her in jail?

you would think he talked to her

ETA: this same article says he hasn't talked to her since her arrest

Bad reporting. He visited her over the weekend sometime, but PRIOR had not spoken to her at all. Why are these news people regurgitating the same articles and combining with new information ? It really makes it hard to try and follow and makes it seem like there are inconsistancies on the parts of the people involved rather than just bad reporting :banghead:

They said the search at the landfill was to help with the time line.

AB & EB were spotted in a mobile home park, no date was given for when they were spotted but it was said approximately 3 weeks ago.

I suspect the mattress is indirectly related. I think that someone remembers that at the same time they were spotted, someone in the mobile home park had thrown out a mattress, a mattress laying near a dumbster (though having nothing to do with the AB & EB).

If they find that mattress, the garbage surrounding it may give them a good date as to when the couple was in the mobile home park.

We may discover that Zahra actually went missing sometime between the time she was seen at the furniture store and the time someone in the mobile home park threw out a mattress.

Having a narrowed time line makes it easier to start searching things like cell phone pings and to track the couples locations between those dates.

The mattress on the video was not handled like a piece of direct evidence - being dragged across the dirt and such. I think the mattress is more of a beacon directing them to a certain date.

What I find with these articles online is that they use the first printed article and then add updates within the article. There could be an article that states "he never spoke to his wife" dated 10/15/10 and then an updated article on 10/18/10 where he visited his wife. :(

For instance:
Posted on October 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Updated yesterday (10/20/10) at 12:00 PM

This is what BUGS me with articles being updated when they originally come out 2 days before the update.

TY TY TY, I thought I was alone in being oft confused by these recycled articles with a sprnkiling of new info scattered amongst the old.

Australian reporter discusses Zahra Baker case w/video
posted on October 21, 2010 at 8:44 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Zahra Baker's disappearance is being closely followed in Australia. The 10-year-old girl was born there and lived in Australia until she moved to North Carolina two years ago.

NewsChannel 36 spoke via Skype with Andy Toulson, a reporter covering the case in Australia.

"Everyone is so angry that a little girl who's been dealt such a rough hand in life has caught it again. It's just unbelievable," Toulson said.
---

more w/video at
http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Australian-reporter-discusses-Zahra-Baker-case-105428258.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama