NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped...

I don't honestly believe Zahra and AB had any visa at all when entering the States therefore no expiry. As citizens of the Commonwealth they would be entitled up to a 90 day stay in the US without a visa under the VWP. (Visa Waiver Program)

That said, yes, there is a time limit on visas though it varies based both on country and residency level. I came into the UK on a fiancee visa which lasted 6 months and had to renew it once my husband and I were married. Then I was issued a two year visa. Next will be my ILR (indefinite leave to remain) which is the last one.

Because AB and EB married in Australia he could have been eligible for a spousal visa and it would have needed to be renewed two years after issue.

For me, I'm still kinda guffawed Zahra and AB were seemingly allowed into the country with so few questions. When my husband visited me he had to prove he was returning to the UK and vice versa when I visited him. It's inconceivable that they were given clearance without at least return tickets. Assumption on my part that they didn't have those.

I had to show a return ticket and maybe he bought return tickets for he and Zahra and that is why he could take her w/o bio-mom signing papers I don't know I didn't have kids when I travelled

do we know if either AB/EB smoke? Sitting there having a smoke while thinking what to do next??? Throwing butts in the mulch???

Yes, I have seen photos of AB with a lit ciggie in hand, I believe it was from the video of the memorial service.

If I had to guess I would give a big YES to EB too but don't remember for 100% certain I've seen pictures of her with a smoke, just the FB comment to her 'we need to get together for a smoke' (paraphrased). No doubt, the comment was not referring to something you buy legally.

I thought the tooth brushes and PassPorts were found in one of the vehicles or was this information incorrect?

The DNA results on Caylee Anthony took eight days the remains were found on 12/11 and a positive ID thru DNA was released on 12/19.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3079616&postcount=982"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3079616&postcount=982[/ame]

A few things that have stood out to me:

* Pictures of Zahra have her wearing the same clothing over and over - she apparently didn't have a lot to choose from.

* The Amber Alert reports that Zahra was 5′ (60″ tall and weighed 55 lbs – if this was correct she was severely under weight.. this would have been a huge change, as the photos of Zahra show her to be slim, but not skeletal – a dramatic weight loss could have indicated her cancer had returned….

* One of the local news stations later corrected this to say Zahra is about 5’1″ tall, weighs 85 pounds - (the original still stands on her cancelled AMBER Alert)

Zahra would have turned 11 - November 16. In the US, 11 yr old girls in the 50th percentile are 4’8″ (56″ and weigh 80 lbs – an 11 yr old at 60″ – 61″ is near off the chart at 90 – 95 percentile while her weight of 55 lbs would be the 5th percentile or at 85 lbs she is in the 28th percentile. This according to the CDC.

* Is the truth that they just didn’t have a clue if Zahra weighed 55 lbs or 85 lbs?

For an example:
I have an 11 yr old grandson who is on the thin side butvery healthy.
He weighs 75 lbs and is almost 5', Of course that is a boy's structure.

Daughter BS has a blog entry on her myspace page dated May 11, 2008 that states her mother left the country to be with her lover. http://www.myspace.com/brittanystarbuck/blog

So if she had a 6-month visa, May to Nov would be it.

That's the first time i've seen EB's daughter. Also, in that blog, her daughter does say that her mom is leaving and stuff and seems a little bit upset even though she says she is happy for her. Is this the same daughter that is "afraid" of her mom?
Sorry for being behind on this one.

* The Amber Alert reports that Zahra was 5′ (60″ tall and weighed 55 lbs – if this was correct she was severely under weight.. this would have been a huge change, as the photos of Zahra show her to be slim, but not skeletal – a dramatic weight loss could have indicated her cancer had returned….

* One of the local news stations later corrected this to say Zahra is about 5’1″ tall, weighs 85 pounds - (the original still stands on her cancelled AMBER Alert)

Zahra would have turned 11 - November 16. In the US, 11 yr old girls in the 50th percentile are 4’8″ (56″ and weigh 80 lbs – an 11 yr old at 60″ – 61″ is near off the chart at 90 – 95 percentile while her weight of 55 lbs would be the 5th percentile or at 85 lbs she is in the 28th percentile. This according to the CDC.

* Is the truth that they just didn’t have a clue if Zahra weighed 55 lbs or 85 lbs?

I think part of the issue is that she is missing a leg - a sizable portion of weight. She may very well have weighed 55lbs, without the prosthetic, and look healthy. I've heard that both legs make up 40% of your body weight. Therefore, without her leg, Zahra would weigh approximately 20% less than the average girl her age. If they are taking into consideration her missing leg, 55lbs sounds about right to me.

I'm not sure how much prosthetics weigh. Could the 85 pounds be her weight with her leg, and the 55lbs without?

(respectfully snipped for space)

A few things that have stood out to me:

* Pictures of Zahra have her wearing the same clothing over and over - she apparently didn't have a lot to choose from.

Even with the leg amputation which may account for approximately 10-15 lbs. of lost body weight, 85 lbs. seems more in line with her height and the photos we've seen. 55 lbs. would be very noticeably skeletal. I agree however they probably didn't know how much she weighed and it's all a guess. MOO

I had to show a return ticket and maybe he bought return tickets for he and Zahra and that is why he could take her w/o bio-mom signing papers I don't know I didn't have kids when I travelled

Doesn't matter, you need the signature of both legal parents to leave the country - even going on a cruise (which is presumably a round trip for most people) requires both.

But it is sooo easy to get around this; I was divorced when my youngest was 1 - she has no recollection of life with her bio-father and had intermittent visitation. I remarried when she was six and in Sept she was re-registered with my new last name. The school knew this was not her legal name - it was what she wanted to go by. I later opened a bank acct for her in the same last name, everything we had for her showed my last name except her birth certificate and SSN - none of this was done for devious reasons - it was a personal preference that was eventually changed legally thru adoption - but had we wanted to do something underhanded who would have questioned us?

If Zahra was traveling with a married couple, with the same last name as hers - who would have questioned them - she was not an infant and she apparently called EB mom (ugh)?

That's the first time i've seen EB's daughter. I was surprised to see that she looked so "normal". Pretty even. I'm sorry. Maybe i shouldn't say that, but all i think of when i think of EB is "evil" and "uglyliness" and just disgust.
Also, in that blog, her daughter does say that her mom is leaving and stuff and seems a little bit upset even though she says she is happy for her. Is this the same daughter that is "afraid" of her mom?

No, that is her daughter AF who said she was afraid and would have to leave the state if EB was released on bail. I don't think either of them were afraid to be around their mother prior to her arrest but since AF basically testified against her at that hearing, and the fact that they have both probably given LE a lot of information, is what would make them afraid of her now. They know their mother and what she is capable of when someone crosses her IMO.

What I found most interesting in the blog is that she referred to AB as her mother's "lover" even though they had never met in person prior to EB going to OZ at that time.

MOO

That's the first time i've seen EB's daughter. Also, in that blog, her daughter does say that her mom is leaving and stuff and seems a little bit upset even though she says she is happy for her. Is this the same daughter that is "afraid" of her mom?

She is a pretty girl and Zahra appears to like/love her from photos. Yes, she is the one who called CPS IIRC.

Doesn't matter, you need the signature of both legal parents to leave the country - even going on a cruise (which is presumably a round trip for most people) requires both.

But it is sooo easy to get around this; I was divorced when my youngest was 1 - she has no recollection of life with her bio-father and had intermittent visitation. I remarried when she was six and in Sept she was re-registered with my new last name. The school knew this was not her legal name - it was what she wanted to go by. I later opened a bank acct for her in the same last name, everything we had for her showed my last name except her birth certificate and SSN - none of this was done for devious reasons - it was a personal preference that was eventually changed legally thru adoption - but had we wanted to do something underhanded who would have questioned us?

If Zahra was traveling with a married couple, with the same last name as hers - who would have questioned them - she was not an infant and she apparently called EB mom (ugh)?

bbm~

Hi there, I post mostly on Kyron's thread, but have been following along here in lurk mode. About the bold, really? I assume by your nic that you're talking about leaving the U.S., but maybe not. If not, never mind :) If so, I ask because I have left the US many times with my kids and without my husband with nothing more than their birth certificates or passports, depending on where we were travelling to. And neither one of them has my same last name since I go by my maiden name. The most that has happened is that one of my kids was asked his name directly because he goes by a nickname and his passport and birth certificate both have his "official" name. It was very casual and came with a "we're sorry, but we can't be too careful" We have never been asked where their dad is or for any kind of proof or consent from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member