NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone.

Still no movement in the case it appears. Lot of great ideas overnight. I think our British poster, Kate, is right on about the Visa/immigration issues that AB is/was dealing with. I believe those "passport" type photos were taken somewhere around May 2009 and that it was an attempt to apply for a Visa after their visitor status had expired. Would a visitor visa expire in about 6 months? That's about how long they were in the country in May 2009.I think Sherbie was right about how quickly LE was able to determine that the mattresses found in the landfill were not the mattress they were looking for. They couldn't possibly rule out DNA that quickly, and in a tent in a landfill no less IMO. I think they had information that something might be inside the mattress and I think shopgirl alluded to that earlier.

I see the last digit on the Impala tag as a 9. That's magnified to about 400 percent. But everyone is seeing it differently so it could be any of the numbers. Have you checked all the possibilites agatha? Would like to solve the mystery of who owns that car and why it wasn't seized. There was also AF's statement that EB was in a dispute with her grandfather (EB's father?) about a car. Did she take the Impala from him or was it regarding the Monte Carlo? :waitasec: Didn't realize that the new house in Hickory was so close to EB's father's house, where they lived for the first 8-9 months after returning from AU. Where did EB store her stuff when she went to AU? Did she have any stuff? She must have given up whatever address she was at before going there. :waitasec:

The phone call to BB "out of the blue" on the Friday is very puzzling and I think it does play into this too. Is this the only charge/warrant that EB knew about? She had to have known that when the police got involved in the fire/ransom note escapade that she would be found and possibly picked up on that warrant.

There is still the mysterious request from LE for an "inspector" to come forward. If DSS had caught up to them and had made an appointment to visit, this explains why the urgency to report Zahra missing IMO.

So many questions, so few answers. I hope LE is really on top of this...for Zahra. :(

MOO

When I went to Wales it was a 6 mos visa. I stayed 2 weeks that was years ago not sure if they still have 6 mos visa's it may be shorter How long did EB stay in OZ??

Good morning everyone.

Still no movement in the case it appears. Lot of great ideas overnight. I think our British poster, Kate, is right on about the Visa/immigration issues that AB is/was dealing with. I believe those "passport" type photos were taken somewhere around May 2009 and that it was an attempt to apply for a Visa after their visitor status had expired. Would a visitor visa expire in about 6 months? That's about how long they were in the country in May 2009.

I think Sherbie was right about how quickly LE was able to determine that the mattresses found in the landfill were not the mattress they were looking for. They couldn't possibly rule out DNA that quickly, and in a tent in a landfill no less IMO. I think they had information that something might be inside the mattress and I think shopgirl alluded to that earlier.

I see the last digit on the Impala tag as a 9. That's magnified to about 400 percent. But everyone is seeing it differently so it could be any of the numbers. Have you checked all the possibilites agatha? Would like to solve the mystery of who owns that car and why it wasn't seized. There was also AF's statement that EB was in a dispute with her grandfather (EB's father?) about a car. Did she take the Impala from him or was it regarding the Monte Carlo? :waitasec: Didn't realize that the new house in Hickory was so close to EB's father's house, where they lived for the first 8-9 months after returning from AU. Where did EB store her stuff when she went to AU? Did she have any stuff? She must have given up whatever address she was at before going there. :waitasec:

The phone call to BB "out of the blue" on the Friday is very puzzling and I think it does play into this too. Is this the only charge/warrant that EB knew about? She had to have known that when the police got involved in the fire/ransom note escapade that she would be found and possibly picked up on that warrant.

There is still the mysterious request from LE for an "inspector" to come forward. If DSS had caught up to them and had made an appointment to visit, this explains why the urgency to report Zahra missing IMO.

So many questions, so few answers. I hope LE is really on top of this...for Zahra. :(

MOO

I didnt realize EB's father's house was close to their Hickory house either? Hwy 127 is the main street in Hickory to travel (this 4 lane hwy runs through town and 21st st is one of the streets you can turn off on). Curious...maybe two days after Z came up missing...4 police cars were traveling on hwy 127 right past 21st st and abruptly made u-turns and turned their blue lights on. I was turning onto the hwy myself, so I followed. Not far from 21st st...the police stopped a burgandy 4 door car into a bank parking lot. They surrounded the car and all the LE got out and stood away from this vehicle. It was an older gentlemen in the car. I pulled into a business close by so that I could watch. A police officer opened all the doors on this burgandy car and the older gentlemen got out and walked to the middle of the bank parking lot. It just seemed strange. A couple of the LE cars were the SUV type that had been seen at EB's residence. I wonder if this was her father and his vehicle? I didnt stay around long enough to get a tag on it or see what else happened. As I left, LE was was looking throughout this car. May mean nothing...but I got a feeling at the time that it was somehow related to this family.
Impala maybe?? I am no car expert. I just couldnt see that the car was doing anything wrong or illegal to be stopped!

I was going back and rereading some of the initial media reports and was encouraged to find that this was an appeal from Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins only two days after Zarha was reported "missing."

"'We need teachers, we need doctors, we need store clerks. We need anyone that has seen this girl in the last week, in the last month, anything that they feel is important for us to know,' he said."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hickory-girl-zahra-bakers-mom-involved-dad/story?id=11848643

This statement makes me confident that LE knows a lot of the answers to the same questions we've been going round and round about here. . . I sure wish they'd share more.

F.C in that context stands for football club. I am wondering whether the name was misheard and could be Karl or Carl, how I wish we could see the transcript, when will this be possible?
Prayers for sweet, strong little Zahra, this is breaking my heart

Yeah I know that. I just thought it was a coinky dink that if you reverse it it's C. F.

No, I live in NC,other side of the state, I keep up with real estate quite a bit, I have friends that live close to that county and know what rent goes for,my neck of the woods is pretty similiar(economicaly) to that area.

GOSH! My heart goes out to you! Most of us have never met Zahra and our hearts are broken!

How is your daughter coping? Did she know Zahra?? *advertiser censored*[/QUOT

She did know Zahra, but thankfully, not well. Just in a casual school introduction. Some of my daughters friends knew her very well, as they were in class with her. They are not doing as well. If she had known her well, she would have befriended her immediately. She takes up for kids who are shy, bullied or weak in any way. She takes after her Mom and stands up for what she believes in and is very vocal! Counselor's came to school to discuss the case with the 5th graders (which Zahra would have been this year) the week it became a Homicide investigation. Unfortunately, some of the boys have been very insensitive and getting pretty gory in their description of what they think happened to her. I did not watch the news in front of my kids, and I certainly didn't tell her about the wood chipper. The boys did though, so I had to answer those questions.

I just want to share a theory...
I think Zahra has been gone shortly after the 25th... and her body disposed of sometime during the decomp. stage... I think they attempted to burn the mattress sometime after that, not on the day of the fire which caused damage to the vehicle..
I think LE got the forensics back regarding the burnt samples taken from the brush pile and the burnt material found in the Tahoe... The excellerants (sp) didn't match.. and the burnt material found in the Tahoe is consistant with fibers found in a mattress.. Being they have impounded both vehicles, perhaps they found signs of decomp. in one of the vehicles from Zahra and can tell how long it has been since she passed... Maybe one of the neighbors seen them removing the mattress sometime after the date they believe she had passed away on.. That could be why they don't think that Zahra will be found with the mattress..
I think they tried to burn the mattress using gas and it smoked to much, so they put it in the Tahoe and dropped it someplace...leaving the gas and burnt material behind..
I think the boss called them a day or 2 ahead of time and needed the company vehicle (Tahoe) for something... They needed a way to explain the gas and damage to the vehicle.. They decided to use the ransom cover-up and fire.. and had to put a new mattress in Zahra's room to make it work... The night before the boss was due they set the fire and ransom note into action.. It would cover everthing...or they thought... Like I said.. This is just my theory... Hope it makes sense...

GOSH! My heart goes out to you! Most of us have never met Zahra and our hearts are broken!

How is your daughter coping? Did she know Zahra?? *advertiser censored*[/QUOT

She did know Zahra, but thankfully, not well. Just in a casual school introduction. Some of my daughters friends knew her very well, as they were in class with her. They are not doing as well. If she had known her well, she would have befriended her immediately. She takes up for kids who are shy, bullied or weak in any way. She takes after her Mom and stands up for what she believes in and is very vocal! Counselor's came to school to discuss the case with the 5th graders (which Zahra would have been this year) the week it became a Homicide investigation. Unfortunately, some of the boys have been very insensitive and getting pretty gory in their description of what they think happened to her. I did not watch the news in front of my kids, and I certainly didn't tell her about the wood chipper. The boys did though, so I had to answer those questions.

That's brutal! Poor kids! How do you even begin to try to explain?? I hope that they bring in a full-time counsellor that the kids can have access to as they need help!

When I went to Wales it was a 6 mos visa. I stayed 2 weeks that was years ago not sure if they still have 6 mos visa's it may be shorter How long did EB stay in OZ??

They were married in July and left in November. We haven't been able to pinpoint when EB first went to AU.

ETA: She had a communcating threats charge on Apr 17,2009 so she was apparently still in NC at least then.

They were married in July and left in November. We haven't been able to pinpoint when EB first went to AU.

ETA: She had a communcating threats charge on Apr 17,2009 so she was apparently still in NC at least then.

Daughter BS has a blog entry on her myspace page dated May 11, 2008 that states her mother left the country to be with her lover. http://www.myspace.com/brittanystarbuck/blog

So if she had a 6-month visa, May to Nov would be it.

been away from the threads for several days. It is my 10 year old daughter's birthday today and the weekend has been devoted to family time. A break I think was overdue for me. We have more family committments today so I am just popping in to check for new developments, I see there hasn't been much new in my absence.

Looking at my daughter, enjoying her special day, it breaks my heart to think of Zahra right now. How anyone could ever harm a little 10 year old child or any child of any age I guess, is just so foreign and evil to me.

I hope LE continues the search for the truth with the same vigor and dedication they have thus far. This child needs justice, the community and her loved ones in OZ need the truth.

Good morning everyone.

Still no movement in the case it appears. Lot of great ideas overnight. I think our British poster, Kate, is right on about the Visa/immigration issues that AB is/was dealing with. I believe those "passport" type photos were taken somewhere around May 2009 and that it was an attempt to apply for a Visa after their visitor status had expired. Would a visitor visa expire in about 6 months? That's about how long they were in the country in May 2009.

Respectfully snipped...

I don't honestly believe Zahra and AB had any visa at all when entering the States therefore no expiry. As citizens of the Commonwealth they would be entitled up to a 90 day stay in the US without a visa under the VWP. (Visa Waiver Program)

That said, yes, there is a time limit on visas though it varies based both on country and residency level. I came into the UK on a fiancee visa which lasted 6 months and had to renew it once my husband and I were married. Then I was issued a two year visa. Next will be my ILR (indefinite leave to remain) which is the last one.

Because AB and EB married in Australia he could have been eligible for a spousal visa and it would have needed to be renewed two years after issue.

For me, I'm still kinda guffawed Zahra and AB were seemingly allowed into the country with so few questions. When my husband visited me he had to prove he was returning to the UK and vice versa when I visited him. It's inconceivable that they were given clearance without at least return tickets. Assumption on my part that they didn't have those.

I think the visa's and deportation have alot to do with why AB has not been arrested yet... He has outstanding charges on him now and they are not arresting him.. plus they want an airtight case against him... I think he's a little bit harder fish to fry at the moment... JMO

sheriffs’ offices in what has been called a homicide investigation since Oct. 12 – four days after her father reported her missing

Good afternoon! Four days and just enough time to get enough results from forensic testing.......MOO

do we know if either AB/EB smoke? Sitting there having a smoke while thinking what to do next??? Throwing butts in the mulch???

My first thought was this when I heard the "playing with the lighter" and that was trying to get a bowl (pipe) lit. I've heard that anyone who has smoked meth or weed goes through a lot of lighters and even move up to the refillable butane torch lighters because they work so much better.......so I've heard......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels