NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would EB hire a private investigator?

How could EB afford to hire a private investigator?

I swear if any blood money deals go down with any of the networks, ala Casey Anthony, my head will explode.

Shades of Misty and Ron with HaLeigh missing? Does Misty know everything? Why was Ron supporting her? Bonnie and Clyde?

I have no idea perhaps what Pat said on Levi's show that who knows what goes on in a psychopath's mind. Their reasoning and thought process are totally foreign to the average person. That is why I stated before that I hope LE is really speaking to EB's daughter because that is a great window into how EB thinks and processing things which in turn could help point to a direction to look.

based on all video footage I have seen of Baker, how to put this, he tries to measure his words. He strikes me as awkward, but not deceptive. That is ME. I am not trying to start a debate or take on your stance. I haven't decided I've seen shifty, shady or deceptive on AB's part. Again, that is ME.

ETA BBM

I've kinda thought this myself. I don't want to think he knew....so I don't know if it's b/c I want him to be innocent that I see him with a wider lens.

I am sure everyone here has probably already discussed this at great length, but was it ever determined why EB and AB were at this trailer park, together at night, the week before Zahra was reported missing?

Meanwhile, the residents of a trailer park in Caldwell County where Zahra lived until mid-summer are still hoping the girl will be found alive, but they admit that hope is fading. Search teams combed the woods around the trailer park last Wednesday.

"They need to come back and do some more," said TH.

TH said Adam and Elisa Baker were spotted in the neighborhood about three weeks ago.

"They came here at night," TH said.

PJ claims a few days later, "the most awful smell was coming up out of the manhole in my yard."

She said authorities lifted the lid and looked inside, but only for a few seconds.

"They's another manhole in the holler that they need to come back and look at," PJ said.

The place she talked about is hidden in a valley area behind a vacant trailer. It is in the same area where the couple was spotted

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

I have a question. lol

Can they just take EB to the site without her permission??

I think her attorney would probably be advised and perhaps come along with them. Once an atty is involved, LE can't question a suspect without the atty present unless the suspect wants to waive that right.

I sort of doubt they just took her out of her cell and drove her out there without EB's consent (and likely the consent of her atty, too, though EB could have done it against atty advice). LE doesn't want to set up a bad situation where the defense could claim questioning of the client without the atty present.

I've kinda thought this myself. I don't want to think he knew....so I don't know if it's b/c I want him to be innocent that I see him with a wider lens.

I got no idea why for me. I just - I usually see it. And here I don't see "participation" I see complicite after the fact.

Welcome back Smooth, and please to pass one of those ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Halloween cookies over this way!

You seem to have as firm a grasp of things as any of us do. We wonder mightily where EB was between the Dudley Shoals search scene at midday and 6 p.m., when she was reportedly delivered back into her cell.

Please keep your posts on-topic.

Posts about Lindsay Lohan, your neighbors who homeschooled their children, other cases on WS, or how deserted the XYZ airport was one night when you were there, etc. are not on-topic.

I don't mean to sound carppy about this, but there are several mods working almost continuously on this thread. When we have to wade through OT posts it really hampers us.

Plus, it annoys Lindsay Lohan (and other posters too).

Thanks,

Hoppy
mod

I got no idea why for me. I just - I usually see it. And here I don't see "participation" I see complicite after the fact.

For now, I'm leaning that way too, in addition to complicit with/neglectful of abuse by EB prior to Zahra's death (failure to protect your own child if you know there is abuse occurring is the same as doling it out, IMO).

I think her attorney would probably be advised and perhaps come along with them. Once an atty is involved, LE can't question a suspect without the atty present unless the suspect wants to waive that right.

I sort of doubt they just took her out of her cell and drove her out there without EB's consent (and likely the consent of her atty, too, though EB could have done it against atty advice). LE doesn't want to set up a bad situation where the defense could claim questioning of the client without the atty present.

Exactly. How does that thing go they are always throwing out on Law & Order? fruit of the poisoned tree. If LE drags her off without consent of her and her attorney since that is who they are bound to communicate through or presnt by, and LE obtains evidence . . .

Could be argued it was obtained improperly and therefor anything that derived from THAT link in the evidence, is OUT? Right?

I have a question. lol

Can they just take EB to the site without her permission??

...once you "lawyer up" , i think no.

however-----it does sound like her lawyer HAS been with her today, since she called in early a.m. to announce that she wouldn''t be present at a hearing in a murder case...

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/mead-51934-case-gaston.html

"...Mead and his lawyer, Lisa Dubs, were scheduled to appear in court Monday. An early-morning call changed that plan.."

"...Dubs called (Forbes) to say she and Mead couldn’t be in court because she’s now been assigned to Elisa Baker.."

"
Forbes later told The Gazette now that he knows the specifics of why Dubs was detained, he won’t be upset if the case gets delayed.
“If this involves finding that child I don’t mind if it takes two weeks,” said Forbes.

I agree--and I still think that the grief and tears in his TV interview were real, although inspired by remorse of his own inaction and the ensuing results. As I said earlier, I think EB told him it was all a terrible accident, and that ZB wouldn't want him to go to jail, thereby convincing him to help with the cover-up. I'll bet he really DOES wish he could get his daughter back and take her home to OZ, but knows only too well that it's too late for that...JMO

--Kiki

For now, I'm leaning that way too, in addition to complicit with/neglectful of abuse by EB prior to Zahra's death (failure to protect your own child if you know there is abuse occurring is the same as doling it out, IMO).

I was leaning that way too but now I am leaning too far the other way. Other than the "too strange" 911 call, I dont know why but I think AB is one evil man.

JMO

...once you "lawyer up" , i think no.

however-----it does sound like her lawyer HAS been with her today, since she called in early a.m. to announce that she wouldn''t be present at a hearing in a murder case...

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/mead-51934-case-gaston.html

"...Mead and his lawyer, Lisa Dubs, were scheduled to appear in court Monday. An early-morning call changed that plan.."

"...Dubs called (Forbes) to say she and Mead couldn’t be in court because she’s now been assigned to Elisa Baker.."

"
Forbes later told The Gazette now that he knows the specifics of why Dubs was detained, he won’t be upset if the case gets delayed.
“If this involves finding that child I don’t mind if it takes two weeks,” said Forbes.

I don't have any legal knowledge about whether LE could force EB to go to certain crime scene locations against her wishes, but they do keep her in jail against her wishes....so perhaps its possible.

Do you think he knows/feels that?

I do think he allowed EB t be the primary caretaker and I think he didn't challenge EB. I think it is quite a leap from that to EB abusing him IMO. But I do believe she hunted gullible, passive men on the internet. And I do believe that AB had a duty, an obligation to see to the needs of his beautiful daughter. I think he let her down. I think he is culpable in Zahra's disappearance if only through neglect.

After the him not aware/involved in harming/killing Zahra I don;t know what I think s it changes, one new development aftger the next, back and forth, like a pendulem.

When LE speaks, I am sure the next line of thought wil become clear.

The above is all my own opinion.

We don't know and won't know until we hear it from LE but I've been going back and forth on both of them too. Those LE people are working over time on this case!

Exactly. How does that thing go they are always throwing out on Law & Order? fruit of the poisoned tree. If LE drags her off without consent of her and her attorney since that is who they are bound to communicate through or presnt by, and LE obtains evidence . . .

Could be argued it was obtained improperly and therefor anything that derived from THAT link in the evidence, is OUT? Right?

Yeah, I just can't see it happening without consent. I mean what are they gonna do, put her in the car and not say a word to her the entire time to avoid claims of questioning w/o atty present? Even if they could manage that and videotaped it, I really believe just the act of removing her and driving her around to various places without consent could in and of itself be seen as questioning and be a violation.

I think she and her atty decided it was in her best interests to give up at least some info to police and she was brought along to help verify that info, and her atty (or atty's rep) was probably present for the ride.

Alternatively, if she is playing games, she could have told them what she was doing in that area at the time in question (even if a big fat lie) and LE wanted her to point it out to them and her atty agreed to let her do so.

I would beat my head on the lovely brick wall icon, but I have enough trouble as it just being blonde. :blushing:

I agree--and I still think that the grief and tears in his TV interview were real, although inspired by remorse of his own inaction and the ensuing results. As I said earlier, I think EB told him it was all a terrible accident, and that ZB wouldn't want him to go to jail, thereby convincing him to help with the cover-up. I'll bet he really DOES wish he could get his daughter back and take her home to OZ, but knows only too well that it's too late for that...JMO

--Kiki

Exactly, and perfectly expressed. I never think I can judge the quality of a person's sorrow - it's all expressed with each of us so differently - but when I saw the tears on GMA, I thought, "Oh God - he knows. Those are 'I wish I could change the past' tears." I don't think he was the prime mover; I don't think he had a direct hand in what happened. But after that interview I just assumed he knew. And just like you said, AB wishes that he COULD take Z home to Oz, and had never brought her here in the first place.

Too late.

Lera213 said:
EB was whacking her over the head with her prosthetic leg that is what I think happened to her.

Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of the cell phone pic, taken on August 9, that ABC News acquired from the family friend.

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

Who wears a "do rag" wrapped at eyebrow level like that? (I haven't even come across any other pics of Zahra wearing a do rag. Doesn't seem like it was a norm for her.)

I keep wondering if poor Zahra may have had a somewhat serious head injury, even as far back as August. Wonder if her head was wrapped to conceal a gash on her scalp, forehead, or both.

If so, the timing of this could explain why Zahra was not enrolled in school and the homeschooling excuse came up.

I wish we knew if the furniture store lady had noticed Zahra wearing any headgear, hat, or anything in her September sighting.

Can someone with medical expertise speak to this:

Is it possible for a person to have a skull fracture, subdural hematoma, or both.. and die from it as long as 4-6 weeks later?

Sadly, of course, it's a possibility Zahra was being subjected to more and more frequent recurring beatings to her face and head. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike