NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for pointing that out, new to ws, I did assume and a mistake that I don't like to make.

*advertiser censored* U ME : to make an *advertiser censored* out of u and me.
:truce:

Don't beat yourself up, it's a perfectly logical assumption. I thought the same thing. But tlcox is right -- with these folks, there's just no telling!

lol I might love you wfgodot!

Anyone have an idea why we have so many different stories ?

arrest at home, at sherrif office, airport
no mattress, found mattress,
body stuffed in mattress, no body

Is LE trying to fool us or another perp out there?
They can control news within the jail.
Lawyers would be privleged to know truth right???

I'm hoping they're trying to keep AB and EB confused and disoriented.

If, in fact, human remains or something that could be human remains were located, would LE be required to divulge it to the media? Or, rather, can LE lie to the media if the intent is to protect the integrity of their case?

Do not post about AY or his FB page, please. Those things are off-limits.

This post will land in a random place on the thread.

Hoppy
mod

Thanks to all who took the time to explain the events at the outset.

I am too emotionally fragile to follow this case too closely, my heart hurts for this poor mite.

If, in fact, human remains or something that could be human remains were located, would LE be required to divulge it to the media? Or, rather, can LE lie to the media if the intent is to protect the integrity of their case?

I've never seen them outright lie. They usually state "no comment" or just don't respond period. Maybe someone else has seen them lie though.

No LE is not required to divulge any part of their investigation IMHO.

JMHO.

Kat is johnny on the spot tonight with links firing this way facts firing that! 2nd you rock of the evening for those keeping track.

In my experience LE always reveal human remains have been found but withhold identity until 100%.

That makes me skeptical of the rumor but LE might not have been sure what was inside ... so delayed media until they are sure.

It makes good headlines for sensationalizing but .....

JMO - but I would think that if EB could get out of this she would have drop AB in it right away, after all she has seemingly got a new man to run to. I think she is struggling to lay implications on AB, although at this point she hasn't been charged over Zahra yet either.

This case is soooooooooooooo frustrating. :banghead:

BBM I love this thought and I love the way you've put it to us ;)

I've never seen them outright lie. They usually state "no comment" or just don't respond period. Maybe someone else has seen them lie though.

No LE is not required to divulge any part of their investigation IMHO.

JMHO.

I think they usually rely on double-speak or "technically" true statements that don't really give the whole picture. However, if memory serves, one case where I think LE was not truthful with the public or media at times was in the DC Sniper press conferences. And it was very necessary for them to do what they did.

Anyone have an idea why we have so many different stories ?

arrest at home, at sherrif office, airport
no mattress, found mattress,
body stuffed in mattress, no body

Is LE trying to fool us or another perp out there?
They can control news within the jail.
Lawyers would be privleged to know truth right???

I don't think LE is trying to fool us, I think it is REALLY CARPPY reporting combined with the willingness of people to believe the hype and the rumors and not do their own fact checking.

The arrest was made at the police station. This is public information and available on their website. Time of arrest 3:12 am Location listed as police station address.

Lots of mattresses have been found in lots of places, LE has also confirmed that.
LE has come out and said that no body has been found, and yet it continues to spread across the net and get reposted and retweeted, I can only guess why.

I think we are better on here than all of that. It is our job on here to fact check everything. I have a friend who sends me stuff and says "I checked it on 3 sites", well yeah, that's great, if all 3 sites (or 32 for that fact) are pulling their bogus info. from the same bad source it doesn't mean diddly.

For anyone and everyone ...

Ok so what do you think of the pile of tree limbs they are seen going through on the NG show? They seem to be going through it piece by piece.
Wonder if AB had been working in that area?? I mean this is what he has been doing for a living and I find it odd they are all hovering over this pile of cut tree limbs.

and with a clip board taking note... I think the one guy leaning in has a tape recorder in his hand...but I could be wrong...:angel:

I don't think LE is trying to fool us, I think it is REALLY CARPPY reporting combined with the willingness of people to believe the hype and the rumors and not do their own fact checking.

The arrest was made at the police station. This is public information and available on their website. Time of arrest 3:12 am Location listed as police station address.

Lots of mattresses have been found in lots of places, LE has also confirmed that.
LE has come out and said that no body has been found, and yet it continues to spread across the net and get reposted and retweeted, I can only guess why.

I think we are better on here than all of that. It is our job on here to fact check everything. I have a friend who sends me stuff and says "I checked it on 3 sites", well yeah, that's great, if all 3 sites (or 32 for that fact) are pulling their bogus info. from the same bad source it doesn't mean diddly.

I agree sarx.

PF also asked if the lawyers would know the truth...

Nope. They would only be privvy to what EB or AB told them, not what LE knows or any part of their ongoing active investigation at this point IMHO.

JMHO.

I agree, attention new posters or occasional posters, find your mentors, follow them, read their posts with all the thank yous. The reason is usually they are nonconfrontational, ready to back up a statement, ready to identify a theory as such and know the diference.

TA at least that has helped me to find posters to model after.

Please can anybody provide succinct update for WSer who has been away all day? Manymanymanymanymany thanks, Y

(Eek, just started reading backwards to catch up... will carry on...)

Levi on right now. He has Defense Attorney Holly Hughes and Detective/crime writer Stacy Dittrich on.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/10/27/zahra-bakers-father-arrested

It's truly refreshing and wonderful to hear some honest reporting that doesn't make me want to rip my hair out. Don't miss it. :heart:

My thoughts are with everyone who is in the sights of the Tornado tonight. Please be careful everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500