NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get too excited about the PC. It could be just to refute the rumors that were flying around last night and a status report...

My thoughts on this....
I THINK this may have been a police K9 (which would have likely been one of the first out there and on the scene) in which case they are trained sometimes on blood (as it is an important factor in many criminal searches/tracking down suspects/etc). They are not often trained in HRD though. This would certainly explain the comment about it being from a cut on a worker's hand. No HRD dog should be hitting on that. Just my guess.

This is what I wish we knew. If they were K9 officers or cadaver dogs that hit. Or if the K9 hit first did they return with cadaver dogs? I wish we knew more about this element of the case. My mind won't stop returning to the woodchipper and the glove. Both of these were mentioned for a day or two, then just kind of left behind.

dogs will hit if given the scent of the person and the cadaver dog knows the scent of death!

I wonder if they burried her UNDER the woodchipper!

I doubt it since they had cadaver dogs out there and they didn't alert to anything. Can't wait for the presser at 4:30, hoping to verify some things I have heard. :snooty:

I don't want to get too excited about the PC. It could be just to refute the rumors that were flying around last night and a status report...

reason enough for me to be excited (sick of the endless debate over unsubstantiated rumors)!

Still searching....clearly brush.

http://twitter.com/radberkywcnc

Hickory PD holding newser on Zahra at 4:30
less than 10 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Digging up yard at Zahra' s house. http://twitpic.com/31d42y
44 minutes ago via Twitpic

Still searching at Christie Rd. Using dump trucks to haul away brush. http://twitpic.com/31cr98
about 2 hours ago via Twitpic

These are his last several tweets, I don't see one any where that says 'clearly brush".

http://twitter.com/radberkywcnc

Bringing over from the last thread as it was near the bottom before this thread was opened.

Just curious ... why are you certain? LE doesn't have to tell the media or public anything about the investigation. They only have to present their findings to the District Atty and or prosecutor and jury.

LE has been very tight-lipped about any evidence they have found.

No disrespect intended, again I'm just curious why you think this.

You are absolutely right, they have been very tight lipped and don't have to tell the GP a thing.
I am certain for several reasons.
1. If she had gone through the wood chipper it would have been a horrific scene. Someone would have talked and leaked it, it's just what happens when someone dies in a manner that awful. There have been leaks already popping up all over, they are coming from people on the scene. To date none have been earth shattering, but I can assure you that this one would have leaked long ago, it's just not something you can keep quiet and LE would have known that and not even tried.

2. The media and the shots of the chipper and mulch pile would have picked up on it.

3. If the chipper had been used to dispose of the body the focus on that pile would have been centralized in its path not all over and again someone would have picked up on that.

4. If she had gone through the chipper they wouldn't still be searching for her. The media has said that they have not found her body yet, they skirt the truth but in my experience they don't outright lie.

5. If the chipper had been used there would have been arrests much earlier.

No disrespect taken. I could always be wrong, but I would be floored if I was.

ITA, especially since investigators are still out in the field.

OMG I can't believe UPS delivered 11 boxes for me to unload- down to 6 but don't they know I have to sit here so I don't miss any breaking news? I am really suppose to work today?

the question from the last thread about twitter- I have a column under Zahra Baker and on one using #zahra

I don't want to upset anyone by posting an actual woodchipper being used for tree branches etc., however, I am posting it to show the force of how debris comes out of a woodchipper. If there was any evidence whatsoever of Zahra being disposed of via a woodchipper, there would be fragments all over the area.

IMO, there is no way to attach a plastic bag at the end of the woodchipper to capture the debris because of the force from the woodchipper.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwOyNwxNm1w[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGRCTwRWrA[/ame]

I for one hope they address those rumors, I am dying to know if there is ANY truth to them. Can't believe it/share it until it is confirmed though.

Does anyone know which channel this press conference will be on? Local news? CNN?

Ugh, digging in the yard, press conference, not looking good :(

I guess I had a little bit of hope she ran away and was hiding some where.

Just wanted to throw this out there. LE is NOT looking for Zahra at these sites, they are looking for "pieces of evidence".

My gut suggests that either EB is still playing games with LE and this is another red herring or, they are searching for the prosthetic leg or some other item.

It seems strange that they are digging up the yard, searching and, sifting if there was a complete body there since the dogs would pinpoint the general area and anything wouldn't be that deep.

If it is remains then it must be scattered bone fragments .... sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven