NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to through this out there. LE is NOT looking for Zahra at these sites, they are looking for "pieces of evidence".

They have been looking for this evidence for a while now. When the heck are they going to start looking for ZAHRA? It's all about evidence, mattresses, her leg, but nothing about her.

hi whats new

Hickory Daily Record account of the current proceedings:
Zahra Baker Case: Police news conference at 4:30
Investigators are digging up the home site in Hickory
---
Police investigators are currently out at the former Baker house in Hickory at 21 21st Ave. NW. Details of what they are searching for or what has been discovered is currently unclear.

Investigators had been using rakes then used earth-moving equipment to dig on both sides of the house, from 11:45 this morning

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...er-case-police-news-conference-430-ar-487878/

MOO I would be surprised if they were looking for her body at the house. Using a tractor is not the most delicate way to do things, KWIM? Does anyone know if they've got dump trucks or anything of the sort? They may just be gathering the dirt to sift through. MOO

Something made LE become very emotional and declare homicide early in Zahra's disappearance. I haven't forgotten that.

You are absolutely right, they have been very tight lipped and don't have to tell the GP a thing.
I am certain for several reasons.
1. If she had gone through the wood chipper it would have been a horrific scene. Someone would have talked and leaked it, it's just what happens when someone dies in a manner that awful. There have been leaks already popping up all over, they are coming from people on the scene. To date none have been earth shattering, but I can assure you that this one would have leaked long ago, it's just not something you can keep quiet and LE would have known that and not even tried.

2. The media and the shots of the chipper and mulch pile would have picked up on it.

3. If the chipper had been used to dispose of the body the focus on that pile would have been centralized in its path not all over and again someone would have picked up on that.

4. If she had gone through the chipper they wouldn't still be searching for her. The media has said that they have not found her body yet, they skirt the truth but in my experience they don't outright lie.

5. If the chipper had been used there would have been arrests much earlier.

No disrespect taken. I could always be wrong, but I would be floored if I was.

In the case where the guy froze his wife's body first, the mess was avoided. I am not saying I do think she was put through the wood chipper, just pointing out that it is possible to do so without causing a huge mess.

JMO

Something made LE become very emotional and declare homicide early in Zahra's disappearance. I haven't forgotten that.

Right. I can't imagine they would stop looking for her unless they had solid evidence she was dead. You don't just call off an amber alert if there may be a child alive out there some where.

I believe they may have had her body all along but are now just trying to get all evidence together to lock these two up.

The speculation is the worst part of this entire mess.

They have been looking for this evidence for a while now. When the heck are they going to start looking for ZAHRA? It's all about evidence, mattresses, her leg, but nothing about her.

You know that really is a good question. If it's all evidence and not Zahra why aren't they looking for her????????? What do they know that makes them look for evidence and not her?

Im thinking that they must have really believed Z didnt make the move to the new house, which is why they were concentrating digging elsewhere. They must know something different now. I agree that they are looking for the prosthetic leg...because I think if the body was there, the dogs would hit it directly. Unless of course, they know that her body isnt in one place...the dogs would still hit on them though.

I was always under the impression that dogs didn't hit on blood unless it was blood from an already deceased person? It wouldn't surprise me in the least for there to be some unidentified blood on/in a woodchipper..IDK..

HRD dogs don't. Somewhere in here I was trying to explain the possibility of it being a PDK9.

I don't want to upset anyone by posting an actual woodchipper being used for tree branches etc., however, I am posting it to show the force of how debris comes out of a woodchipper. If there was any evidence whatsoever of Zahra being disposed of via a woodchipper, there would be fragments all over the area.

IMO, there is no way to attach a plastic bag at the end of the woodchipper to capture the debris because of the force from the woodchipper.

I've seen them in action and frankly they scare the HE double hocky sticks out of me. We live in the country and they come out with one when they trim the trees away from the electric lines. They are really loud too.

Also thanks to Sarx for the explaination and I agree with what you had to say. :)

You know that really is a good question. If it's all evidence and not Zahra why aren't they looking for her????????? What do they know that makes them look for evidence and not her?

I think they know where her body is, honestly. As much as it saddens me to even think, you don't call off an amber alert, label it a homicide, based on hints from a dog. You need much more than that.

IMO, all of the evidence is a case building.

They ARE looking for her!!! I promise you that. They have been looking for her for the last 2 weeks straight, 24/7, in the day, during the night, in the cold, in the rain and now in the tornadoes. We only hear and see a very small percentage of what they are doing.

They ARE looking for her!!! I promise you that. They have been looking for her for the last 2 weeks straight, 24/7, in the day, during the night, in the cold, in the rain and now in the tornadoes. We only hear and see a very small percentage of what they are doing.

I can agree with you there. BUT, they never say "we are looking for a body", it's always the opposite. "We ARENT looking for a body, but a key piece of evidence". Each search should be focused on finding Z and it seems it never is.

Not saying LE isn't doing a fantastic job, because they are, but they need to start letting us know what is really going on. Well, they don't need to, but should.

I believe they may have had her body all along but are now just trying to get all evidence together to lock these two up.

The speculation is the worst part of this entire mess.
respectfully snipped: I agree and with me being a local it is harder than you can EVER imagine. I would rather know NOTHING that hear these awful stories that may or may not be true.

183720774.jpg

And didn't they say that the dogs *had* hit on the piles of mulch?

Yep, and thats why i THINK she is under the woodchipper, I think they dug the hole covered it over moved the woodchipper over it and mulched and chipped some wood. The dogs know!

I can agree with you there. BUT, they never say "we are looking for a body", it's always the opposite. "We ARENT looking for a body, but a key piece of evidence". Each search should be focused on finding Z and it seems it never is.

Not saying LE isn't doing a fantastic job, because they are, but they need to start letting us know what is really going on. Well, they don't need to, but should.

BBM.

Managing expecations?

Being sensitive to family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics