NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, the unknown item that was shown being discovered at the Baker house today, is bugging me.

How in the heck could LE have possibly known to go back to the home today, and bring all those machines in there, and rakes etc., and start digging around looking for something like that unknown item????

I guess it comes back to the comment about "pieces of evidence" that they were searching for.

I really, really, really did not want to take that literally. :(

Thanks, ...awesome info! I still wonder, though, if attempting to destroy the prosthesis could have damaged the outer casing enough to interfere with the serial number (chief specifically mentioned retrieving the serial number from the outer cover/casing). Would the titanium be the internal part of the leg, with the outer casing comprised of some other material, or is the entire thing titanium?

The leg itself would be comprised of a titanium rod with an outer shell of a plastic type material in the shape of a human leg and attached foot. :)

One more thing I forgot to mention, there are some boards or something sitting up against the wall on the left side of the house (see photos). I don't know what they are.

Oh homey! thank you friend, can't wait to see the pics.

Newest local members have really been amazing throughout with the local flavor, the layout, the newsites to trust, etc. But this - this thing tonite. Just wow guys!

Methinks tehcloser is right tho, man are we sleuths getting spoiled. Members - onscene - spoiled I tell ya.

So can anyone be as kind to give me an update on any new news while photos are uploading? Only 24% uploaded.

OK, I am back from the scene at the Hickory house. A lot going on. The media has mostly cleared out and a few onlookers. One thing I did see I thought was strange; the SBI agents picked up something and brought it into the front bedroom and it looked (pretty sure) like a mattress! They were bringing things from the back bedroom (assuming Zahra's room because it had pink drapes up) and putting them in the front to inspect them more thoroughly. They were using flashlights and what I think was luminol (looked like a blacklight as in glowing purple) in both the back and front bedroom. :(

I have a question for youuuu. If you could, please... is/was there a window on the wall they were *heavily* combing over in the back room?

I don't know if there was a vantage point for you to even see, but worth a shot.

*fingers crossed*

Also, BIG THANKS for taking the time out to follow what was happening out there.

Ugh... yeah... that isn't it. I mean, you can see them in the front but not on the newscast. It's closer in and more on NG. I'm going to try to (somehow) get the children busy... hubs is sick so it's a struggle to do this until the girls are asleep. lol

Thanks anyway... It was that group of guys on Christie but I can't find chopper footage of just that, you know?

In my opinion, AB may not be the one who actually killed Zahra, but he is far from innocent. If not for his "marriage" and bringing Zahra to the U.S., she probably would be a very happy almost 11 y/o girl having a good year at school in Australia - and with a proper fitting prosthesis. However, since she has been here, she has not received the proper care she needed (LE admitted they need records from Australia re: positive identification of the prosthesis), etc. and there have been reports of abuse. On the very morning of the fire, and upon finding the ransom note, AB never once checked in on Zahra. And I could go on and on.....MOO.

JMO Please go back and check my previous posts I THINK HES GUILTY OF DROPPING THE BALL AND NOT PROTECTING SWEET ZAHRA!!! I just dont think he killed her or hid her...I alsothink EB had help but thats beside the point right now .

OK, I am back from the scene at the Hickory house. A lot going on. The media has mostly cleared out and a few onlookers. One thing I did see I thought was strange; the SBI agents picked up something and brought it into the front bedroom and it looked (pretty sure) like a mattress! They were bringing things from the back bedroom (assuming Zahra's room because it had pink drapes up) and putting them in the front to inspect them more thoroughly. They were using flashlights and what I think was luminol (looked like a blacklight as in glowing purple) in both the back and front bedroom. :(

When I came back they were putting a lot of things in the second Crime Scene truck. I have photos and a lot of the SBI were standing around. One took off with a Crime Scene bag and left (photo of that too). They then went back into the house to start working again.

My photos are uploading now. They are pretty high res so it's taking awhile.

PunkNLuv, I met your hubby. Sweet guy!

Any new news while I was gone?

Is Zahra's bedroom window the one on the far right front side? From other photos (and I've only been able to view them briefly cause I'm catching up), it looks like the one window that is really lit up.

speculation

Hmmm ok puzzle me this. When did EB's daughter(I think) say she saw Zahra the same Thursday AB claims Zahra was in bed at 2:30am? Help me here because I'm unsure.

If there was a new mattress to replace the old one. Would that have happened prior to Zahra going missing or after? I'm confusing myself. KWIM?

I was curious about the wording of she was with her the Thursday before she went missing.

The first thought I have is

"It just breaks my heart, I was with her the Thursday before this happened"

"It just breaks my heart, I was with her two days before this happened"

I can't quite put in words what I mean, but the day of the week reference to me is something I would say about the week prior, not a couple of days prior. Know what I mean?

I wish we could hear how she said it.

Thank you so much to the locals that are posting!!!!!

Is Zahra's bedroom window the one on the far right front side? From other photos (and I've only been able to view them briefly cause I'm catching up), it looks like the one window that is really lit up.

OMGGG, where's the pictures?? Please, help meee!

Okay, the unknown item that was shown being discovered at the Baker house today, is bugging me.

How in the heck could LE have possibly known to go back to the home today, and bring all those machines in there, and rakes etc., and start digging around looking for something like that unknown item????

I guess it comes back to the comment about "pieces of evidence" that they were searching for.

I really, really, really did not want to take that literally. (
Its bugging me too. Such a "small" item and such a "big" hole. LE would have needed some pretty exact info to dig for an item that small and find it. Although the hole doesn't really look that deep.

I want to know what it is. There was some talk about a "sock" that she would wear over her stump before putting on her leg.

Went and found this pic:

myspaceamber3.jpg

This kinda looks more like an ace bandage (maybe to help hold on a very ill-fitting leg at this point). As an ace bandage would deteriorate would it look something like what LE picked out of the hole?

I have a question for youuuu. If you could, please... is/was there a window on the wall they were *heavily* combing over in the back room?

I don't know if there was a vantage point for you to even see, but worth a shot.

*fingers crossed*

Also, BIG THANKS for taking the time out to follow what was happening out there.

Yes but it was further away and hard to get photos. I went around the back (no one was around there except a police car) and the window was glowing. I assume they were doing luminol. It looked like a blacklight. :(I tried to get some pics but they were not too good. I am uploading them all and they are in high rez so if someone wants to download to try and zoom in, please feel free.

I don't like where my thoughts are going with regard to the extensive (apparent) luminol testing in Zahra's room, what it might mean as far as how she died. Maybe it just takes hours and hours to be thorough enough and it's as much ruling out as finding specific evidence. I hope so. I don't want to think she died in such a way that her blood or other biologic evidence is on the walls. :(

WARNINGGraphic forgive me.

If Zahra lost a great deal of blood in the mattress and
in her bedroom, and the weather was warm (it's been unusually warm here)
wouldn't there be an awful smell?
Also if she had bled out most of her blood, it would be less
of a mess to dismember her????

Of course I do not KNOW for sure which one is her bedroom but I think it is the one on the back of the house. The one in the front was where it looked like they were bringing things in from the back bedroom (Zahra's?) to inspect more closely. They had flashlights and some kind of reddish lights and of course what looked like luminol.

I am not putting LE down, but this luminol business bugs me.

Why didn't they use luminol on Zahra's room prior to today?

Does anyone know if all those different coloured lights could be to detect something else besides blood?

Closing thread, please continue here...

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118357]Thread #29[/ame]

OMGGG, where's the pictures?? Please, help meee!

Hi sherbetjello....some of the posters here have been on the scene and linked up some photos of LE doing their investigative work. I've been gone all day today so I'm behind on reading the threads all the way through. If go you back to the start of this thread and scroll through, you will see some links to the photos. I will go back and try to find the pages where they are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean